Observe the Grenade HELP!

I've been in the room right before the final boss fight for about an hour trying to get the observe the grenade, but it seems imposable. the best I've done is killed 2 with the third being damaged, but still in the green. I was wondering if anybody had any specific way to do it, emphasis on specific. When I got my best that I mentioned it was on the easiest difficulty and with the max hazard pick-up. I thought this game would be an easy platinum, so I rented it and its due back today (the seventh) and this is my last trophy.

I take it by your post that there are indeed 3 of them together, it's just that you can't get that 3rd one to get killed in the process?

If you're following my guide (which is sounds like you are for this trophy), my only real advice is to try some more. Maybe peek around the book shelf trying to get them to realign a bit better maybe.

I got real lucky or something as I got it on my first attempt. I aimed at the upper chest/neck of the middle enemy and shot the grenade. I ran away back to the doorway and the trophy popped then. I actually didn't see all 3 go down.

I take it by your post that there are indeed 3 of them together, it's just that you can't get that 3rd one to get killed in the process?

If you're following my guide (which is sounds like you are for this trophy), my only real advice is to try some more. Maybe peek around the book shelf trying to get them to realign a bit better maybe.

I got real lucky or something as I got it on my first attempt. I aimed at the upper chest/neck of the middle enemy and shot the grenade. I ran away back to the doorway and the trophy popped then. I actually didn't see all 3 go down.

THANKS! I got it! I was using your guide. The problem was that you said to go fire out from the left. So what I was doing was running to the left and killing the red guy imedietly, but that was why they grouped wrong. Instead i ran to the right (where the pink guy spawns), that got both to run to the right side of the bookshelf, then I killed the red, got the hazard pickup and the two pinks that spawned were aligned perfectly with the third.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah this is a pain but Im still in the room before that, I have 2 gernades left, used them before like a moron trying to get it. I saved the game data on my external hdd so after I beat it on Max Hazard I can re-load it to my PS3 and try it on Min hazard if I don't get it this time around.

Thanks for the tip and I hope for the best.

To everyone crying like a little girl because of this trophy, like me, there's hope! I kept trying in the room before the Final Boss, I even managed to have 5 pinks in the room (by killing every red and yellow ones, and one of the pink girl). Since I was killing only 2, I kept trying with the last 3, and after a hundred tries, I killed by accident the last 3 with 2 grenades, no problem, let's try the final stage of the Boss, and after only 3 tries, got it! Way easier, they always group together.

To everyone crying like a little girl because of this trophy, like me, there's hope! I kept trying in the room before the Final Boss, I even managed to have 5 pinks in the room (by killing every red and yellow ones, and one of the pink girl). Since I was killing only 2, I kept trying with the last 3, and after a hundred tries, I killed by accident the last 3 with 2 grenades, no problem, let's try the final stage of the Boss, and after only 3 tries, got it! Way easier, they always group together.

Yeah I was going to do that until I hit restart instead of quit. Sometimes autosave is a terrible idea when mixed with restart chapter and not checkpoint.

I tried this last spot when I played through but it was much harder to get the group. I did the group where I stated almost without trying it was so easy.

Too each his own though. Whatever works for you to get the trophy as that's all that matters.

Finally got this trophy game screwed me over before, I killed 2 and the 3rd person was almost dead. The Boss battle is better to attempt to do cause all you need is the energy pistol or rifle. But I say pistol cause it fires faster and hardly misses in cover.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
After multiple tries, I was unable to get the testers to group together near the bookshelf. I followed this video to unlock my last trophy:

I actually shot two grenades and the trophy appeared...I'm still shocked by it.

I actually got it on two grenades too. Killed two with one and one with the other. Trophy popped no worries. Good luck guys this one can be a bitch but apperently has a little glitch to it. Got it in the library Btw..

:D

I followed SwatTJ's method and played up to that point to try it out.

And on my first go i shot one red guy, went over and grabbed the max hazard pickup up, went round the left side of the book shelf and there they were, 3 pinks in a row.

I missed point-blank with the grenade (annoyingly) and started getting shot to shit, so i unloaded the other 3 grenades in the chamber. As i died i saw the yellow guy run back around the other side of the book shelf (bonus 4th guy) and then it all went grey and all i could see was me dead, to the sound of multiple explosions and screams.

And BANG! Up popped the trophy, closely followed by the platinum. Although i technically fluked this - i'm not denying that at all - the testers were right there as the guide says, and it was only that i missed the shot that i didn't get it legitimately.

So i say that room before the boss fight is the way forward for this trophy. In, the last boss fight enemies can be partially sheltered by cover, depending on your angle, AND you only do half the damage (no pickup). This method is MUCH easier (and probably a lot more consistent)....and you don't have to do that shitty 1st phase of the boss fight. lol

Cheers SwatTJ. :)

:-) I tried this way too many times and finally got it .... the hard/long way.

Its allot of work but it worked like a charm.

In the boss battle i went in cover and let the testers blast away my cover and then i moved up, if they got 2 close i would shoot their cover and they moved back.

In the end there was only 2 boxes left in the level and i was behind 1 and the 3 testers behind the other, activated pyro upgrade and went bombs away.

*and then there was the trophy and a plat*

• 2 years later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...

OMG...I just got this trophy!!!

On maximum hazard and by spamming the three pink testers in the library.

First try after putting it away for about three years.

Trophy is a little misleading in that they just have to die in a relatively short amount of time of one another.

• 1 month later...
I followed SwatTJ's method and played up to that point to try it out.

And on my first go i shot one red guy, went over and grabbed the max hazard pickup up, went round the left side of the book shelf and there they were, 3 pinks in a row.

I missed point-blank with the grenade (annoyingly) and started getting shot to shit, so i unloaded the other 3 grenades in the chamber. As i died i saw the yellow guy run back around the other side of the book shelf (bonus 4th guy) and then it all went grey and all i could see was me dead, to the sound of multiple explosions and screams.

And BANG! Up popped the trophy, closely followed by the platinum. Although i technically fluked this - i'm not denying that at all - the testers were right there as the guide says, and it was only that i missed the shot that i didn't get it legitimately.

So i say that room before the boss fight is the way forward for this trophy. In, the last boss fight enemies can be partially sheltered by cover, depending on your angle, AND you only do half the damage (no pickup). This method is MUCH easier (and probably a lot more consistent)....and you don't have to do that shitty 1st phase of the boss fight. lol

Cheers SwatTJ. :)

Indeed it worked with me after I started to shoot AND the Red AND the Yellow avatars. On the thirth or forth try. Got my second plat today

• 2 years later...