Earthworm Jim HD - Road Map and Trophy Guide

netgrade

Overview:

Estimated trophy difficulty: N/A.

Offline: 10 (1 (G), 2 (S), 7 (B)).

Online: 2 (2 (S)).

Estimated amount of time to 100%:3-5 hours.

Minimum number of playthroughs needed:2-4(depends).

Number of missable trophies: 1(Canadian Stunt).

Glitched trophies: None so far.

Do cheat codes disable trophies? None available.

Before starting the Road Map, let me just clarify something that maybe someone will question:

When the trophy description says "Without exiting the game", this means you can still go to the main menu of the game. However, if you decide to turn off your ps3, or simply exit the game from the XMB, you will lose all your progress done for that trophy. Example: I had 150 Atoms collected before I left the game. After exiting the game and coming back I now have 0 Atoms collected.

When the trophy description says "in one sitting", this means you CANNOT go back to the main menu.

Road Map:

Introduction:

This game doesn't have many missable trophies, but Canadian Stunt is easy to miss because you don't have to swing on a moose's head to advance. You'll have to do at least 2 playtroughs, 1 in Multiplayer, and another in Single Player. But this (doing only 2 playtroughs) is more for people who have already beaten this game. For those who haven't, I suggest 3 Single Player playtroughs: 1 to get just get to know the game on Original, and gather some easy/cumulative trophies, another to get Superhero!, and another to get Earthworm Never Dies.

Step 1-Multiplayer

Before playing the main game, you should play the multiplayer campaign.

You can earn up to 4 trophies in this mode (possibly 6), but it has to be done online. Besides the multiplayer campaign being easier, you'll have at least another buddy to help you out, which is perfect to get good at controlling Jim and his moves. Some trophies that you should aim at: Groovy Leader, Atom Raider, Atom Jefferson, World Partnership.

Step 2-Single Player(Original Difficulty)

You'll want to play the Single Player campaign on Original right from the start.

This playtrough will be a testing ground playtrough, basically what you want to do is just get trough Original, without aiming for Superhero! and Earthworm Never Dies. Some trophies you should aim at: Canadian Stunt, Snot a Trophy, Space Collector, Super Space Collector, Bin Collector, Atom Raider, Atom Jefferson.

Step 3- Single Player(Superhero! or Earthworm Never Dies)

After completing your testing ground playtrough, you can finally move on to Superhero! or Earthworm Never Dies. I cannot tell you exactly which of these is harder. All I can tell you is that Superhero! isn't as easy as it seems. Short-cuts really help when going for this trophy. More tips in the Trophy Guide. For the Earthworm Never Dies, you'll want to take it slowly, killing almost everything on screen. It might sound like an easier trophy than Superhero!, but they are pretty much the same difficulty wise. More tips in the Trophy Guide.

Step 4- Single Player(Superhero! or Earthworm Never Dies)

Basically what I said above. If you choose Superhero! before, go for Earthworm Never Dies. If you choose Earthworm Never Dies before, go for Superhero! But if you are a legend at playing this game, or feel lucky enough, I say go for both of them, merging Steps 3 and 4 together.

Edited by Terminator
Removed a dead image.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/689/01.jpgBin collector (B)

Kill Billy the Bin in New Junk City.

Just kill Billy, fairly simply.

See "Earthworm Never Dies" for tips.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/689/02.jpgAtom Raider (B)

Collect 100 atoms (without exiting the game).

See "Atom Jefferson".

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/689/03.jpgAtom Jefferson (B)

Collect 500 atoms (without exiting the game).

Atoms are the blue, and sometimes red things you see around the level that replenish your health. Some enemies will drop them, but its rare. And when they do, they only drop blue ones. The blue ones give you a 4% boost, and the red ones give you 75% of your health back.

Its cumulative, as long as you don't exit the game.

This trophy can be earned while in multiplayer.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/689/05.jpgCanadian stunt (B)

Use the whip to swing from any moose head in Single Player mode.

This can only be done in the first level (New Junk City). When you see a moose head in a pile of tires, jump and press O to use your head as a whip. You'll then swing and land, receiving the trophy.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/689/06.jpgBanker Whipper (B)

Whip a banker twice in What The Heck?

Use your head (press O) as a whip twice, but be careful because the bankers shoot papers at you. That like everything else in the game kills you. This is also the only way to kill them.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/689/07.jpgSpace Collector (B)

Collect more than 100 Blue Orbs (without exiting the game).

See "Super Space Collector".

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/689/09.jpgSnot a Trophy (B)

Launch the cow in New Junk City.

This is done in the first level in the Single Player Campaign, and cannot be missed. When you see a fridge hanging from a rope, press O to use your head as a whip. The fridge will fall into a tree that will launch the cow into the sky. A message will appear in the middle of the screen saying "Cow Launched".

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/689/04.jpgGroovy Leader (S)

Be 'No. 1' in each PlayStation Network multiplayer level.

This trophy isn't as hard as it seems, simply have the highest high-score by the end of the level.It can be boosted: use this tread, and you can also do it over time. It doesn't have to be in one sitting since the game offers a level selection screen. Simply choose the level where you didn't get the highest score among your friends. The High-Score is calculated by seeing how many times you died, how many enemies you killed, how many atoms you got, and your time.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/689/08.jpgSuper Space Collector (S)

Collect more than 300 Blue Orbs (without exiting the game).

You can only get these orbs in Andy Asteroids? (the space levels), and just like "Atom Jefferson", you can get them while in multiplayer.

By the third space level you should get the Space Collector trophy. It won't take too much effort to get the Super Space Collector.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/689/11.jpgWorld Partnership (S)

Complete all the Playstation Network multiplayer game levels.

Just go online with a friend and beat the multiplayer mode.

It can be boosted, use this thread, and you can do it over time. It doesn't have to be in one sitting since the game offers a level selection screen. Simply choose the level where you left off.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/689/12.jpgSuperhero! (S)

Get through Single Player mode in Original difficulty in one sitting in under 50 minutes.

I have some really basic tips to give you right now.

You can restart a level if you think you are doing terrible at it, but note that this will send you back to the beginning of the level.

You shouldn't waste time trying to kill every single enemy. Some boss battles seem to take forever, because either the method of killing the boss is slow, or the boss has a lot of health. One quick way to kill some bosses is to use the plasma weapon. It does more damage, therefore the boss battle doesn't take to long.

Some levels have shortcuts, and you want to know them. Not only do they make it easier to get to the boss fight, but they will also cut down time drastically, although they aren't easy to find, and take some skill to get there. Check the seedrun below to see where they are located in each level.

Lastly, rush trough the level, but only do this when you don't have enemies following you, or else they will be more and more, and you'll end up dying because of it.

These are my times, I think they are a good reference because i got the trophy with 45 minutes.

New Junk City (I & II) - 3:33

Andy Asteroids? - 1:44

What The Heck? - 4:39

Andy Asteroids? II - 1:37

Down The Tubes - 2:17

Tube Race - 2:02

Andy Asteroids? III - 1:36

Snot A Problem! - 1:48

Andy Asteroids? IV - 1:48

Level 5 (I, II& III) - 7:20

Andy Asteroids? V - 1:41

For Pete's Sake - 5:58

Andy Asteroids? VI - 1:40

Intestinal Distress - 2:29

Andy Asteroids? VII - 1:46

ButtVille (I & II) - (I forgot to write down my time here)

Without counting level 16 that gives about 38 minutes.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/689/10.jpgEarthworm Never Dies (G)

Clear Single Player mode in Original difficulty in one sitting without losing a life.

You cannot restart, unlike for Superhero! To get this trophy you cannot die, but you can get hit. Here are some tips that hopefully will make it easier to get:

- When you see a flying enemy (Crows, Shadows, Brains with eyes) coming at you, use your whip. It will kill most of them with one hit. The brains however will split into worms on the ground. If you are surrounded by flying enemies I suggest using your weapon.

- Don't rush trough the levels, unless you know what comes next.

- Try to save most of your ammo for the bosses. Your weapon doesn't have unlimited ammo.

- When you get the plasma gun (the one with electricity around it) it automatically replaces your gun. Press R1 to change your gun back to normal. You want to do this because:

1. When you get a plasma gun, you only have one shot to fire, after you fire it you'll have to get another.

2. The plasma gun makes it easier to defeat certain bosses, so save it for the level boss if possible.

- Always grab Atoms. They are everywhere you go, and they replenish your health. Here are the 2 types you can get:

Blue: This ones replenish 4% of your health.

Red: This ones aren't everywhere. They give you 75%.

Edited by Terminator
Guide Revisions by Terminator 02/01/2015.

Speedrun

Video Speedrun done by Breakdown776.

Thanks for letting me use the videos!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LcF2jgS9Gdw]YouTube- ‪Earthworm Jim (Genesis) Full Game Speedrun Part 1‬‎[/ame]

New Junk City: For this level you'll want to do everything shown in the video.

Boss: Billy the Bin

Avoid the instruments and shoot him until he transforms in a car, then continue shooting him. Don't let him touch you or he'll get his health back.

Boss: Chuck Just whip the box to the spring, it will then hit Chuck. After that he'll start throwing fish at you: dodge, rinse and repeat. There will also be instruments trying to hit you, but you can whip them. Unlike the original, the remake has a little part where you have to get your suit back before facing Chuck.

-----

Andy Asteroids ?(all): These levels are all the same, the only difference being that the later ones will have more meteors than the first ones. Just dodge them and win the race, or you'll have to face Psy Crow.

-----

What the Heck ?: There is 1 short-cut that he didn't do in the speedrun. When you start to go uphill and the fire starts following you, before the red atom, you can jump and use your head as an helicopter to get to a platform. Then you can jump up and get to where he got with the first short-cut. The second is the one near the banker, where you can find 4 plasma guns and a life if you go to the right. This short-cut will also avoid the fight with the snowman. Right after this short-cut you'll see a little hill, and a red atom near it, jump over the atom or Evil will throw a bomb that will make spikes fall down.

Boss: Evil the Cat

First part: Jump over the fire. I got this glitch where the animation for throwing a fireball will play, but he wont throw a fireball.

Second part: Just follow the eyes and shoot before he gets you.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yIfmNMocAk&feature=related]YouTube- ‪Earthworm Jim (Genesis) Full Game Speedrun Part 2‬‎[/ame]

Down the Tubes: There's not much I can tell you here, so just follow the video. There are no boss fights here. The cats can be a pain if you don't have a plasma gun. If you have, shoot them but only if you are going for the Superhero! trophy, as there's no use in wasting the plasma gun.

-----

Tube Race: This is just like the above, except it has a huge section of the water part. Try not to rush trough the level or you'll end up dying. There is a boss fight in the end, if you can call it that.

-----

Snot a Problem: This is were the bosses get tough, at least for the next 2 stages. There are 2 strategies to beat Major Marcus, 1 of them is the one used in the video. Hug the cliff and he will follow you, then get behind him and start tackling him. I couldn't get this strategy to work, so I came up with my own. Its really basic, just stay in the middle and tackle him when you can and return to the middle before he starts spinning, and that's it. Its basic, but it worked for me, so if you are having trouble with one strategy try the other. And don't forget that the monster only attacks you, no use trying to make him eat Major Marcus.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nt9vv-ptb2M]YouTube- ‪Earthworm Jim (Genesis) Full Game Speedrun Part 3‬‎[/ame]

Level 5: There are no short-cuts in this stage. Its a though stage because of the brains, Eye balls, Professor Monkey For A Head, and the platforms that can electrify you. The brains will split into maggots after you shoot them. They are small and can be easily confused with the ground. The first time the Eye Balls come out you just have to shoot the professor, but the second time you have to whip the place where they are coming from. The Professor at first is defeated by shooting him once, but the second time he appears, he will be hanging in a "chain" and will throw potions at you, get on the chain, and shoot him until he's cornered, he will then disappear. If you get shocked you will be stunned for some time. To avoid this just don't stay on the balls for too long.

Boss: Robot Chicken

This, believe it or not is a though boss. The start is easy.

Part 1: shoot the eggs, and run below the chicken when its flying, or jump over it if its walking. When you see that the chicken is under the tunnel were bombs come out start whipping the target, after 5 whips you'll be teleported to part 2.

Part 2: This is the hard part, you are free falling, and your plasma gun is pretty useless. Don't let the chicken hit you, and don't hit the bomb the chicken drops, just shoot and dodge. It takes some time, but when the chicken starts throwing eggs at you, that means you're close to victory.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7IVdlRmiLg]YouTube- ‪Earthworm Jim (Genesis) Full Game Speedrun Part 4‬‎[/ame]

For Pete Sake:

Prepare to start over and over again a lot. This stage is hard mostly because of the fight with the Robot Chicken and Andy Asteroids, because you'll come out weak out of those stages, and there's a meteor shower before you get to the first Atoms. That aside, you just have to protect Pete. It wouldn't be so hard if there weren't so many holes in the ground, and plants ready to eat Pete. Whip him, that's the only strategy, and shoot the meteors when you first start seeing little meteors falling. Look out for those magnets, they wont harm Pete, but they'll take a good chunk of your life. Don't whip Pete when you are close to his house, or this will make go trough the advance route, and you don't want that.

-----

Intestinal Distress:

Prepare to dodge a lot of wheels in this level. You cant destroy the wheels, and you cant destroy the weird bouncing balls. You can only destroy, what I assume are mines, and fish that just stand there.

It might seem like a long stage, but if you follow the video it really isn't.

Boss: Doctor Duodenum

Remember when i told you not to waste any plasma gun shots in the water level? This is why, 2 plasma shots and he's done, that simple.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulUgwCV3mp4]YouTube- ‪Earthworm Jim (Genesis) Full Game Speedrun Part 5‬‎[/ame]

ButtVille:

Part 1: This part wouldn't be so bad if the spikes didn't took 20 % of your life and by the time you get here, your life will be very low. You'll have to helicopter till the end. Press X to jump and X again to use your head as an helicopter. My advice is to get the atoms and try not to hit the spikes.

Part 2: This one is harder than Part 1, beginning is quite easy, but it starts to get though in the middle. There are 3 main enemies to look out for in this stage:

- The hives: can be killed with a plasma shot, or a lot of normal shots. They shoot out little things, so be careful.

- The things on the ground that stick out their tongue: they can only be killed by a plasma shot, they can ruin a lot of tricky jumps.

- Lastly there are these guys that can kill you with one hit: you can only see their eyes at first, but they pop out and bite you. They can only be killed with the whip, also they stay out for 3 seconds.

Boss: The Queens Butt

Whip it and avoid the spikes(again), or just shoot at it, either one will kill it, after that its time for the final boss.

Boss: Queen Slug-For-A-Butt

You are almost there, last boss, if you miss the platforms, you'll probably have to start all over. You didn't miss them? Good. Whip the Queen when you are below her, and that's it.

Edited by Terminator
Removed signature.

For an early guide it's looking good.

Going to have to get this soon, loved the original so this should be brilliant :D

Did you ever beated when you played it on the Snes/Genesis? If so, i dont think you ll have much trouble getting the Superhero! and Earthworm Jim never dies trophies. Also it has a very cool multiplayer mode, you should totally pick it up.

Did you ever beated when you played it on the Snes/Genesis? If so, i dont think you ll have much trouble getting the Superhero! and Earthworm Jim never dies trophies. Also it has a very cool multiplayer mode, you should totally pick it up.

You know, I can't remember if I completed th game or not. Either way I hope there's some challenge but it sounds pretty tough to go through the entire game without dying!.

Guide is looking great and made before the game came out here in the US (August 3rd release). Very good job so far. I'll probably definitely get this game:D, but the clearing the whole game without dying makes me nervous, since I have never even beaten the game years ago when I was just starting playing games, lol.:p Such memories :whistle::D

Edited by Dreadnought190

Guide is looking great and made before the game came out here in the US (August 3rd release). Very good job so far. I'll definitely get this game:D, but the clearing the whole game without dying makes me nervous, since I have never even beaten the game years ago when I was just starting playing games, lol.:p Such memories :whistle::D

Well I have just beated this game for the first time ever, on Original, and let me tell you some parts seem impossible at first, but then you barely pass without dying. And it feels very rewarding once you beat that stage.

so for the "Collect more than 300 Blue Orbs (without exiting the game)" trophy are we allowed to get that over multi-play throughs (say because we die alot) of the game just so long as we dont exit EJ altogether? OR does it have to be during 1 play through of the game that we start?

Well i haven't confirmed this yet, but the Atom trophy description is almost the same, so im guessing you can, once i get the confirmation i will update the guide with the answer.

i can confirm that you can play single player and collect a few atoms/blue orbs, die or quit, and then play multiplayer and they still add toward that trophy. and if you still don't get it in the multiplayer game then you can go again in single player and get it.

just so long as you don't quit the game by turning off the system or exiting to the XMB.

Edited by jackmoore