Grind Points while you do other stuff!

I'm Not sure if this has been spotted anywhere yet But a Buddy & I were messing around and decided to try a few things out.

Found a fantastic way to grind out ant kills and xp without even being there.....

I know sounds too good to be true, But it works!

What you need:

A Couple of Elastic Bands

The ability to leave your ps3 on over night if need be

A Decent Homing Launcher that kills in one hit

So Far I Have tested this out with a tier 8 Battle, And as i type this i Have a tier 7 Jet doing it

Method:

Chapter 1.1 (on your desired difficulty)

The difficulty Greatley effects the toughness of the enemies So choose wisely based on the Tier of the class you Want to boost up a bit while you eat/sleep/go out etc

Anyway Now to the Important bits!

begin 1.1 as normal Gun everything you can from the air, Land clear out the ants, Activate the Transponder & blow that ship to hell. Clear out more ravagers and destroy the anthill.

Now Youv got a way point to help out some other edf troops, Again do this as normal. However When the Second anthill appears. Get the hell out of there!

Head back To the Start of the map Go to the far corner With the ocean view. Turn North West & start Blasting With your homing Launcher. ( Sometimes Aiming Above the tress helps, as iv found with the tier 7 jet launcher It wont always insta lock on)

Once you have confirmed you are getting kills From that distance. Pause the game

Now with some Expert hardware management Jam the R2 button down. Takes about 3-4 Elastic bands. And grind away!

I Highly Advise having the bots on! They will come over to you eventually And will shoot anything that gets too close. And if you somehow manage to die they'l get you back up

This has worked Fantastically for me!

One major thing to note tho 65,500 is the Max score you can achieve.

On inferno this takes about 2 and a half hours

Currently on hard Its been running for about 30 mins and iv just ht 10k So it takes about 3 hours for hard. yet to try it on normal.

Hope this helps out!

• 1 year later...

I can confirm this works very well.

I did have one problem while trying this on normal though. I left my PlayStation 3 on over night and was grinding on normal, when I woke up 9 hours later, I had 62K and I went to destroy the anthill. I destroyed the anthill, but the game wouldn't let me proceed. It acted liked the ant hill had not been destroyed!

I guess maybe 9 hours was too much for the game? Or maybe it just glitched. I'm not sure, but it's probably best to just grind on hard or inferno to be on the safe side or just not let it run for too long continuously.

• 1 month later...

What is the best way to idle XP with the tactical armor? I am level 6 now and only got one auto lock missiles which simply aren't suited for inferno, they do almost no damage on the ants. Been trying out different stuff but can't seem to find a good weapon... and doing this grind on hard with a level 6 armor is a little annoying :(

What is the best way to idle XP with the tactical armor? I am level 6 now and only got one auto lock missiles which simply aren't suited for inferno, they do almost no damage on the ants. Been trying out different stuff but can't seem to find a good weapon... and doing this grind on hard with a level 6 armor is a little annoying :(

tactical armor sucks lol, the best weapon is a grenade launcher (which is a special pick up, it has a nuclear biohazard icon next to it). sorry don't know what it's called but it's a grenade launcher that splits into multiple micro missiles that seek tartgets. however, it's a very weak weapon. unfortunately form my past experience the tact armor is the hardest armor to fully upgrade thanks to its lack luster weaponry, i'm afraid for inferno you'll have to do it the hard way. :/ if anyone has a good tip for grinding xp with that lousy armor, feel free to share lol.

Damn.. I was afraid I would get this as an answer... still hoping I will be getting something useful the time I reach level 7, but to be honest I already kinda doubt it.. Anything good with autolock would be nice, but there simply ain't anything lol. Even the missiles I am using right now are an pick up. 600.000 XP to go.. wow.

I got that grenade launcher and it's nonsense on inferno.. it takes so freakin long to boost this on hard, god damn.. I should have done tactical first -.-

Damn.. I was afraid I would get this as an answer... still hoping I will be getting something useful the time I reach level 7, but to be honest I already kinda doubt it.. Anything good with autolock would be nice, but there simply ain't anything lol. Even the missiles I am using right now are an pick up. 600.000 XP to go.. wow.

I got that grenade launcher and it's nonsense on inferno.. it takes so freakin long to boost this on hard, god damn.. I should have done tactical first -.-

well, hope is not lost! I just bought the dlc packs for this game (why not? since I have to redo everything anyway) and for the tact armor there's a missile launcher that came with the dlc (a green biohazard icon is next to the name) that worked very nicely for the auto grind method. it shoots a powerful incendiary missile that tracks the enemy.

Well, buying DLCs for this game is nothing I will do, lol.

Anyways, i finished up the tactical yesterday got the achievement (yes, I am playing this on Xbox :D) for all rank 8 just now.

On level 7 both, tactical (don't remember the name of the weapon) and the battle (Wallagis PopStar 9, it's a pickup I think) armor, will unlock a very good missile which is just owning the ants in 1-1. You will finish one round of idling with the tactical within 40 minutes, the battle armor only takes 35 if you are lucky. It's insane. The biggest problem was getting them to level 7 (especially the battle armor).

10.000 Gunships and buying all the weapons to finish this game off..

• 3 months later...