Sooooo. how many hours to plat this game???

It's a very very very long time plat. I'm on the way to it, and believe me, it takes time.

All my armor are level 8. I've done the 3 difficulty level (I used auto grind method because, well, because I wanted to :D), and I'm still missing 4, 000, 000 credits to get all weapons. The best I can do so far is just playing mission 1-1 so it gives me 20, 000 credits for seven minutes (using the pesticide sniper). Simple math : let's say 20, 000 credits for ten minutes, 120, 000 credits for an hour. 4, 000, 000 missing -> 33 hours of mission one just for the credits. :dance::eek:

Then there is the 500 waves of survival mode. I'm just making wave 1, 2 & 3 on mission 4 because it gives Spiders an Ship (32 spiders, and 54 ships). I'm just missing 5000 of both. Having done 100 wave for now, the 400 remaining should give me the 5000 missing. It takes ten minutes to makes the 3 waves. I let you do the math this time :D

Oh ! I forgot the drop :D Just got the 107 weapons yesterday. Farming 3-2, again, and again, and again, tooks sometime too. And it's purely random so, be prepared for some pain for this one too :D

Edited by Ludalovitch

Luda pretty much sums it up the best...

I have played this game exclusively (the 17th will be a month) and I'm almost on my third armor completely leveled up...I have 106 out of the 107 dropped weapons and its been almost over a week since I've found a new weapon...If you're playing the game casually you're probably looking at a few months for the plat...I've started playing online simply because I'm bored of grinding alone...It's not really hard, but just be prepared to dedicate a large chunk of your time

Agreed, this is a very long, very boring plat. I've been at this for 5 weeks almost exclusively and I estimate another 10 days to finish buying all the weapons. The real insult is that Daddy Warbugs is a goddamn bronze trophy. With all the really good games coming out in the next few months I would say pass this up, the fun value goes to 0 really quick.

Answer: Too much time and it's not worth it. Buy a better game.

If you really want the game, go to the Xbox Achievements site for their guide. It's better written, has more hints, tips and just made the grind a lot quicker. Never would have known the Battle class pesticide gun exploit if I had stayed here. Remember, we're all gamers. Just because they own a Xbox doesn't mean to disregard them. Their site sometimes has superior guides. ;)

Edited by BFenris

Answer: Too much time and it's not worth it. Buy a better game.

If you really want the game, go to the Xbox Achievements site for their guide. It's better written, has more hints, tips and just made the grind a lot quicker. Never would have known the Battle class pesticide gun exploit if I had stayed here. Remember, we're all gamers. Just because they own a Xbox doesn't mean to disregard them. Their site sometimes has superior guides. ;)

what exploit is this? Just looked on 360achievements but couldn't see any mention of it

• 3 weeks later...

I try to automate or have the PS3 auto-grind trophies for me whenever possible. With that said I spent 195 total hours on the platinum. 56 hours of that was me personally playing and the other 139 was the PS3 playing by itself on auto-fire. I'm guessing it is possible to do it in around 120 hours if you play everything yourself (no Auto PS3). I outlined my time spent if you are curious: http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/earth-defense-force-insect-armageddon/123503-platinum-tips-tricks.html#post2103550

P.S. I'm guessing the "battle armor exploit" refers to its ability to use a pesticide mortar at point blank range, put up a shield, and survive without a scratch. I know I enjoyed it.

• 1 month later...

Yeah for sure, iv had this game for about 2 months now, playing it on & off. and im still grinding out points. I mainly just rubber band r2 down and play minecraft. Thinkign i should just plow thru it with the pesticde rifle a few times, to speed thing sup again. Gotta buy everything for the trooper then im done lol

• 5 months later...