I know their are plenty of people visiting this topic/thread that have played EDF and was wondering what their impressionons are of the game. I am on the fence about buying the game. I played the first one and really liked it, but this one I haven't seen or heard much about it.

It's amazing IMO. It truly is great fun. It doesn't have an in-depth story and the campaign is simple in what you're expected to do. You're basically shooting and killing horde after horde of insects with a few bosses thrown in.

Even so, playing with friends has been great and it's the most fun I've had online in a while.

I'd imagine if you enjoyed the first one you'll love this one too.

I say if you enjoyed the first and the thought of adding in 3 player campaign online and a survival mode for up to 6 then pick this game up. Honestly, I've had more than $40 worth of fun out of it and will be playing it for some time.

It's amazing IMO. It truly is great fun. It doesn't have an in-depth story and the campaign is simple in what you're expected to do. You're basically shooting and killing horde after horde of insects with a few bosses thrown in.

Even so, playing with friends has been great and it's the most fun I've had online in a while.

I'd imagine if you enjoyed the first one you'll love this one too.

ditto for me

For those that have the game, does the online co-op have Server Lists you can chose from? Can you lock the room and invite friends..? Or is it just a Matchmaking system?

Thankss

Edited by F99

For those that have the game, does the online co-op have Server Lists you can chose from? Can you lock the room and invite friends..? Or is it just a Matchmaking system?

Thankss

You pick private or public when in matchmaking so yes you can lock the room and send invites. There is quick match or custom, picking custom allows you to pick the map you want to play survival on and if there is no game available on that map it will create one and you can invite or wait for people to join. Same with campaign, choose difficulty and chapter or any.

Never played the series before. Is the game like Lost Planet 2?

It's kind of like a budget Lost Planet, yes. However, the environments are a lot more open and destructible. Good game, but definitely don't expect GOTY. The grind is pretty big for the (P) and the ending is beyond corny ("True Ending" on Inferno).

*Edit: Oh, and the game is 100% soloable, online isn't a requirement. However, I've been playing with a couple friends who recently got the game and we're having a blast. I already had a Tier 8 and was able to help them through the campaigns, but they could have done it without me since they're both pretty good and the game isn't too hard.

We did a lot of rounds of the Survival (it's continuous waves of enemies) and it's a lot of fun. If you get this game, find a gamer buddy since it improves the game a lot, but it is not necessary since all trophies can be done with bots.

Edited by BFenris

• 11 months later...