Rate the trophy difficulty...  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_7.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 7.04

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Darth_Krid

Psycho pretty much said it best, it's really a lot of grinding.

I played the last couple levels of Inferno with only bots without a single problem, however it will be a while before I have all my armors to Level 8. I do recommend the Pesticide Gun for Inferno difficulty though, it makes it a no brainer with minimal effort once you are able to eyeball the area damage. In fact, co-op ends up slowing you down. It is all a lot quicker just done with bots (surprisingly).

Edited by BFenris

i gave it a 7 i know the trophies are easy but in my opinion a time consuming platinum like this raises the diffuculty considerably i would much rather spend 25 hrs getting hard trophies than 150 getting easy 1s just my opinion tho

I gave it a 3, because long does not mean hard :D Inferno mode was really easy with Pesticide Canon, so the hardest thing was to level up the trooper to level 8 (but with the safe grind method, it's just a matter of time).

Will take a long time to get all the needed money but nothing impossible.

• 2 weeks later...

I give it a low 7 because of the queen level on inferno, namely the fact i died there several times over because of wasps and/or wasps/nuking myself because of wasps depleting my shield at the 11th hour. Also with only 5 weapons left I know that getting them wont be much of a cakewalk.

With the grinding part though, I have the platinum for both WKC and DR2, so this won't be anything new for me.... still will get boring though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
voted 5. moderately difficult trophies, but grinding those waves was horrible.

you got the plat in 5 minutes, 38 seconds according to YGC, so the grinding was not that bad

Same on psn profiles too: http://psnprofiles.com/trophies/Earth-Defense-Force-Insect-Armageddon/Jaytech3

Edited by Grafinenko

• 1 month later...

Not really all that "difficult" just a major grind. I feel comfortable going with a 5, but may come back after completion to vote.

Side note: The teammate AI pisses me off so much. I swear I have taken more damage from them than I have from the enemies. And when they shotgun you in the back, directly into a swarm, they never revive you. :mad:

Edited by bigdrama

• 2 weeks later...

I may not have platinum'd this yet, but Jesus Mary fuck tits it's looooooooong and boring! Been at it for about 68 hours now trying to kill a metric shit ton of ants.

Not a hard game, but takes a lot of grinding to get the plat. I think I'm already gonna give up on this one for now.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

this feels more like a 5. i just need 10,000 gunship kills (not too bad if you have a decent homing weapon and play a level with tons of gunships), lifer and daddy warbucks until i get the platinum. it's extrememly long, almost tests the very fabric of human persistance and patience lol. it's...kinda fun but the fun, much like the bugs, dies a tragic and painful death. :( you've been warned. get ready to kill many, many bugs. that's all i can say. :)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I finally got the platinum in this; thank God!!! :p

I'm giving it a 9.

It's certainly not a hard game, but the sheer grind required to platinum this is abysmal! It took weeks of grinding just to get 2 bronze trophies in this game.

Everytime I thought I was close to platinum, I wasn't! You have to grind cash, weapons, survival waves, and kills.

Stay away from this platinum unless you just love to grind and grind and grind.

• 1 month later...

It's not a hard game, it's just all the grinding that sort of ruined it for me, for example, getting all the guns, I stopped playing this game months ago due to the extremely poor drop rate of weapons you don't have, I grinded every level atleast 3-5 times just to get that one gun, I gave up because it got boring. Another downside would be the survival mode, hardly anyone plays this game which makes it hard to get the trophies in survival.

• 1 year later...

7/10 for me.

More of a time-consuming plat than anything else.

Most difficult level was 'Mushrooms', but as you level up / get better weapons, it's manageable. Also helps if you have a good co-op partner in the mix.

I didn't find the weapon drops to be that much of an issue. Playing on Inferno difficulty seemed to yield in more drops, and you should get this whilst working your way towards plat.

• 1 month later...

i going for 7/10 to, the game not to hard just sheer amount of time getting everything did enjoy game a great deal met a few players online which made for a good blast :p,few tips that may help,mushrooms level i found very hard on inferno but once i got pesticde sniper with jet i breezed through first go ,don,t bother grinding kills trophys they will come over the ammount of time you play game,do surivor mode there not many online so maps oringinol sin plenty of ships and double wammy map spiders just play upto wave 3 it a breeze to get to then repeat you also get credits for doing survivor mode not a lot but helps,last trophy for me was daddy warbugs you needs loads of credit,i found trash island mission with battle player and is pestcide gun u wil max out to 65500 in about 20 mins with all the spiders and ants,when you hit 50000 start giving the daddy longlegs thing some hits and u soon be there,hope this helps anyone,cheers nazz :D