Platinum Difficulty Rating

funkyweed

Rate the trophy difficulty...  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty...

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

NOTE: Due to the server closure, the platinum for this game is no longer attainable

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_8.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 7.83

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Darth_Krid

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
I would have thought I rated this already. I would give it 8/10. I loved the game but it takes a lot of time and its quite hard.

i was gona rate it but dont you need platinum to officaly rate it ?

but i also gave it 8 fun game with good singlplayer but the online is bi** :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

But number 1 in boosting with yourself right? lol

I'm giving it a 7. The offline trophies are easy, but the online ones are a pain. It just takes a real long time to get master red belt. There are alot of duckers online and the game has alot of freezes.

• 3 weeks later...

I voted 8.

This brings in to question the difficulty ratings v time spent debate that the length of time to get a trophy should not effect the difficulty.

It is quite possible to get the plat for this game with only ever winning 5 matches (for the titles, which can be boosted) and losing every other fight, making this game a 2 rating. The problem being you would then need to play somewhere between 7000 & 21000 fights which would take you literally years. The difficulty is winning the fights to reduce this time scale.

The difficulty is being reduced by EA who are continually increasing the standard XP (currently at 4x the original XP) Still need at least 1000 wins to achieve red master though.

• 3 months later...
I voted 8.

This brings in to question the difficulty ratings v time spent debate that the length of time to get a trophy should not effect the difficulty.

It is quite possible to get the plat for this game with only ever winning 5 matches (for the titles, which can be boosted) and losing every other fight, making this game a 2 rating. The problem being you would then need to play somewhere between 7000 & 21000 fights which would take you literally years. The difficulty is winning the fights to reduce this time scale.

The difficulty is being reduced by EA who are continually increasing the standard XP (currently at 4x the original XP) Still need at least 1000 wins to achieve red master though.

Wins or matches?

• 2 months later...

this game is hard as hell. i've been playing on and off for 3 months and online people are cheesy and or liars. and everybody is more about ego in this game ie how many wins do i got instead of platinuming it and moving on. i've posted on the boosting thread and i can't get any head way what so ever. hell i even made a deal with some dude and he used me for 6 wins and then deleted me off his friends list. i don't know what to do and i'm just begging for help. i'm "daut813" pronounced Doubt, on the psn and i beg of you all with any decency help. sigh.

D

Edited by daut8131977

• 1 month later...
I voted a 6. I would have given it an 8 if the xp was still as ridiculous as it was, but it is much easier now. And I still can't seem to get a third fight with my rival for the life of me.

Im with you I would Vote 5 only due to the "extra" xp. It was a 9 without "extra" xp and no boosting before. The game is flawed online and the freezing is just plan horrible. i am trying to get that damn rival as well. Got my fingers crossed I can finish off game tonight for the plat

I will also agree with the previous post about the "core" community it is the same as Fight Night 4. The main 25 guys who play every day and have like 900 plus wins are very poor human beings.

• 2 weeks later...

I gave this a 6.

Mind you, there are only two somewhat "difficult" trophies to get which are Fedor and 16 special moves. 16 special moves isn't overly difficult but the guide is not helpful imo. Its best to see them all and decide what you can do. Fedor on the other hand is pure luck, which is the factor that ramped this from a 4 to a 6.

The game is based on pure luck. Fedor could beat you 100 times before you get that lucky punch or you could do it first try. There is no way strategy involved other than "get very lucky"

Now the other horrible trophy (again based on pure luck) is Bitter Til the End. In my first career I went 40-0 so obtaining a rival match was impossible. I started a new career, won some fights, lost all rematches, never won a title to move up. 40 matches later, no rival fight. I start a new career, lose fight 1, win fight 2, get rematch fight 3 and win, and fight 4 is a rivalry.

40 matches to no avail to get it in 4 matches in a new career. It was frustrating as all hell to waste all that time to get it so early in a new career.

Luck based bs trophies coupled with an annoyingly long career (fuck 8 weeks training) and closed servers, this will remain a rare platinum as it should be because its a trash game.