The demo it's very awesome!

FlareZero

• 2 weeks later...

Pretty unlikely, even though there is a following for Lost Planet outside of Japan, Capcom are just being mean and not releasing it. It's very import friendly regardless.

I had no interest whatsoever in the Lost Planet series prior to this evening but the second I played the demo I fell in love with it (can't guarantee it'll make me interested in LP1/2/3 :p). Can't pass up this game, gonna buy it from Play-Asia soon.

Might just try my hand at a trophy guide as well. :)

Edited by Fubzy

Capcom has already said that there are no plans of releasing the game in the West. They say it's because they made this game with the Japanese fans in mind while Lost Planet 3 was made with with the Western fans in mind(which is also why Lost Planet 3 isn't even being developed in Japan).

I know people say that E.X. Troopers has Anime-Style graphics, but I think it more looks like Anime-Style graphics that look Western-ish.

Capcom has already said that there are no plans of releasing the game in the West. They say it's because they made this game with the Japanese fans in mind while Lost Planet 3 was made with with the Western fans in mind(which is also why Lost Planet 3 isn't even being developed in Japan).

I know people say that E.X. Troopers has Anime-Style graphics, but I think it more looks like Anime-Style graphics that look Western-ish.

I thought the exact same! Immediately, Western-style comics jumped out at me when I played then demo and when I read reviews that said 'manga-style' I was like "Er... what?" :p

Really interesting concept, it's anime characters in a Western comic-book setting overall.

• 3 months later...

From what I read, Christian Svensson -Capcom USA's SVP- said (I'll be paraphrasing): It would be too much work to localize the game due to text being 'hard-coded' into the actual art, so it wouldn't be a simple process.

A real shame. Good thing it's mostly import-friendly.

Source: E.X. Troopers "Not Planned For Western Release" Say Capcom USA | Siliconera

From what I read, Christian Svensson -Capcom USA's SVP- said (I'll be paraphrasing): It would be too much work to localize the game due to text being 'hard-coded' into the actual art, so it wouldn't be a simple process.

A real shame. Good thing it's mostly import-friendly.

Source: E.X. Troopers "Not Planned For Western Release" Say Capcom USA | Siliconera

Even so, Capcom Japan deliberately made EX Troopers for the Japanese audience only. That "hard-coded text" was just basically their way of saying sorry Americans and Europeans but this game isn't for you. However, there will be a Lost Planet game that's being Developed outside of Japan which will of course be available in America and Europe so we're not completely out of the dark or some kind of crap like that.

Capcom isn't really big on releasing their niche games outside of Japan. It was even amazing that Capcom USA localized Fate/Unlimited Codes for PSP.

Even so, Capcom Japan deliberately made EX Troopers for the Japanese audience only. That "hard-coded text" was just basically their way of saying sorry Americans and Europeans but this game isn't for you. However, there will be a Lost Planet game that's being Developed outside of Japan which will of course be available in America and Europe so we're not completely out of the dark or some kind of crap like that.

Capcom isn't really big on releasing their niche games outside of Japan. It was even amazing that Capcom USA localized Fate/Unlimited Codes for PSP.

Hmm. Who am I to say. Tho I highly doubt that while the team was in the development stage, they were thinking: "Lets specifically make this game so foreigners can't have it."

Crap, that sounds like I'm trying to argue. Eh, I'm just trying to say that it looks to me like Capcom just didn't want to pay for the extra work, so they made an excuse. Heck, the game ended up not doing that great in sales I read, so it probably wouldn't be a viable business decision to localize it anyway unless Capcom let another studio worry about it instead.

Hmm. Who am I to say. Tho I highly doubt that while the team was in the development stage, they were thinking: "Lets specifically make this game so foreigners can't have it."

Crap, that sounds like I'm trying to argue. Eh, I'm just trying to say that it looks to me like Capcom just didn't want to pay for the extra work, so they made an excuse. Heck, the game ended up not doing that great in sales I read, so it probably wouldn't be a viable business decision to localize it anyway unless Capcom let another studio worry about it instead.

But don't you find it strange that while Capcom Japan was working on E.X. Troopers for PS3 and Nintendo 3DS(with it's what they call "Manga-style graphics" which I still don't think is true), they had an American Developer making Lost Planet 3?

It's no secret that Capcom mostly cares about sales and I believe that they don't think the graphics used in E.X. Troopers will do well outside of Japan. And if it's not the graphics, then more likely the characters. The graphics may not be manga-style like they claim it to be, but the characters at least are more manga-style and Capcom wants to appeal to Americans and Europeans who enjoyed Lost Planet 1 and 2. Not a spin-off game of the series that obviously tried to more appeal to the Japanese audience and failed at it when there are those people outside of Japan who want E.X. Troopers and not Lost Planet 3.

Edited by Shuffle

Tough to say what goes through somebody else's thoughts. So I can't really say much more than I already did.

I, being one of those folks that grew up on foreign media, enjoy "manga-style". As for my country, it seen a boom in anime/manga love since the 90's. A lot of it's influence is seen in much of todays media. So having something "manga-style", isn't a reason to think foreigners wouldn't enjoy it. Personally, I enjoyed the demo for it's gameplay, and plan on importing the title soon. I just had to be 100% sure it wasting getting localized first since I've imported before and it ended up being localized, so I bought it twice....