Item Trade duplication?

Hey, I notice this game doesn't have the usual auto-save feature that most online games have these days. It also alows you to trade officers and items with other players.

One time i traded an officer and forgot to save, and next time i played i still had my officer. So I am thinking this would work with items as well, cant see why it wouldn't. I mean enter a friends game, (save first) unload all your items to your friend, quit game. Reload game and you should have all your items still and your friend will have them as well. rinse and repeat...

So has anyone tried this? could make the get all weapons trophie alot easier. If anyone wants to try this with me my psn is Wicked_Joker

It does work. It's a known work around and people have already done it.

Does it save time for the weapons trophy? It can, but not as much as you would think. You're going to have to complete all the Gaiden stages anyways, so that's about half your weapons right there. By the time you get that far, you should be well off enough to do most stages relatively quickly. It's not hard to get four Sky Gifts or Earth Gifts per Light Test or Dark Test (Serendipity Chi) and you can knock off those levels in two minutes easy. If you're having problems getting the right items to drop, it could be useful, but time saving wise, you're probably looking at saving minutes rather than hours.

Where the trick really shines is when you are upgrading your weapons to be all powerful, since you need a lot of materials for a lot of high level stuff and you can quickly duplicate items exponentially. However, that's after trophies.

thats what i ment it for, upgrading weapons. that eats up alot of materials, especially on the higher tier weapons. sure u can sit there and farm forever, but thats where the dupe would shine and come in handy. plus i dont have any ultimate weapons yet so im pretty much upgrading anything i can use at the moment.

If you haven't achieved the Weapon Collector trophy, I suggest you save those mats for creating the various low level weapons instead of upgrading. Upgrading doesn't give you a significant stat boost and it's better if you go after the mats required to create ultimate weapon directly because ATK is all that matters.

• 3 weeks later...