I completely don't understand the gameplay in this game...

I need help from step 1 because I'm definitely missing something fundamental.

When I did the Yellow Turban Battle vs Zhang Jiao and his Yellow Thunder thing, that took me ages because Zhang Jiao decided it would be fun to fly up to the 3rd level, float there until I made my way up, then shoot me down. And then sit there and wait and repeat the process. Considering I have 1 jump and 1 dash, how am I supposed to fight these people in the air when they don't stagger, don't fall, and move twice as fast as me? I managed to win with some luck, but I'm looking into future battles (heck, I've tried the Zhang Jiao duel like 10 times now. I killed 4 of them but died.)

When I did the Xi Bie battle, I just don't even know what was going on. Jumping on his hand made me take huge damage even though he wasn't attacking. Air dashing to his cheek either warped me to the top of his head and made me fall down while taking large lightning damage or knocked me to the ground instantly without me touching anything. Jumping up from under his head just knocked me back down. I only won this one because of my AI teammates - I set them to kill Lu Bu, then let them do most of the damage to the boss.

And now I'm just completely stuck on Tian Lu. I have enough trouble finding Dong Zhuo because the camera moves way too fast and gets stuck on everything, but Tian Lu randomly attacks the entire freaking arena (it seems like it at least) with his wind attack that I can't see because I'm busy trying to lock on to enemies to find Dong Zhuo or just running for my life from the super aggressive AI. And I've tried on Easy as well as Medium.

I know the game gets harder from here, but here I am stuck at the first part because I don't know how I'm supposed to even fight these things. Hell, I don't know how to fight any hyper generals aside from letting my AI do the work. Even normal enemies rarely stagger, and generals just do some move to knock me away mid combo and then put up lightning super armor randomly.

Currently a level 24 Xiao Qiao with weapons made from the level 2 blacksmith, and the best chi/orbs it let me make. I know how to do decent air combos, but when enemies resist combos all the time, I just kind of die a lot... I need as much advice as I can get, because I'm totally confused.

The game is all about air combat. Melee characters suck ball. You should use someone that has projectile attacks such as Zhen Ji with her whip. Then you can lock-on the enemies and spam Square. However, the game is very difficult at beginning when you don't have triple dash and triple jump. My suggestion is find a way to get at least double jump and dash before attempting Yellow Turban Battle.

Edit: good luck with the card grinding.

Edited by CompSci88