Well, I've heard that there's a trophy that requires 4 players together to use ad-hoc. Also, it just seems to be more fun to play it with 4. As such I've wanted to ask if there was anyone here from the Leuven, Belgium region that was interested in coming together and playing?

Also, could somebody possible explain me what ad-hoc is exactly? Is it some kind of multiplayer, but instead of connection the wifi to the internet, it is used to interconnect the VITA's?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ad-Hoc is a form of connectivity. If I remember right, it's when devices connect together wirelessly. When I was in China, I used my laptop to connect via ad hoc to my iPhone so I could share the computers internet.

So, when the game says to connect ad-hoc it means Vita to Vita. It also turns off your wireless internet when doing so, so you can't connect that way. =\

I'm from Northern Georgia (near Tennesse) in the US, so I can't help you. I'm in the same boat as you are. =(

Ad-Hoc is a form of connectivity. If I remember right, it's when devices connect together wirelessly. When I was in China, I used my laptop to connect via ad hoc to my iPhone so I could share the computers internet.

So, when the game says to connect ad-hoc it means Vita to Vita. It also turns off your wireless internet when doing so, so you can't connect that way. =\

I'm from Northern Georgia (near Tennesse) in the US, so I can't help you. I'm in the same boat as you are. =(

Thanks. Atleast I now know what ad-hoc is... Well, luckily I have a couple friends that I know have VITA... If the worse 's to come, I'll just wait until DWN drops in price and buy/rend the game for them... And, maybe I'll ask the salesman in the gamestore nearby to help... (they've got an absolutely amazing option to test out games before you buy.. Which means that they've got working versions of all consoles... Which means I can ask him if he'd mind using the VITA lying around there somewhere XD)

You don't actually need 4 players, but it certainly makes it a lot easier. I only know one other person with a Vita and we were able to beat all four stages... but holy crap they are hard. I think the hardest one is defending the bases.

Wait a second.. you don't need people to actually obtain this trophy?? wtf..

The mission you guys are talking about that is the hardest i've beaten by myself already with Lu Xun as a character. I didn't even attempt the other ones because i thought i would be wasting my time since I THOUGHT the trophy required you to play with other people while doing it. So if that one is the hardest i'm going to try the other 3 and try to beat them to see if the trophy will pop up.

The mission you guys are talking about that is the hardest i've beaten by myself already with Lu Xun as a character. I didn't even attempt the other ones because i thought i would be wasting my time since I THOUGHT the trophy required you to play with other people while doing it. So if that one is the hardest i'm going to try the other 3 and try to beat them to see if the trophy will pop up.

As far as I know, they can be done solo. The trophy description only mentions clearing the stages, it doesn't say anything about having to have people with you.

...but... how on earth did you beat that by yourself? Maybe the difficulty goes up when you're in multiplayer or something.

You beat Sentinel? Nice. I got close, but didn't finish the job. Keep the bases up isn't hard, it's just not dying. I use Zhou Tai, so killing isn't that hard.

I haven't tried the other 3 modes. If it's possible to do solo, then I may just work my tail off to do them that way and try to Platinum this game.

You beat Sentinel? Nice. I got close, but didn't finish the job. Keep the bases up isn't hard, it's just not dying. I use Zhou Tai, so killing isn't that hard.

I haven't tried the other 3 modes. If it's possible to do solo, then I may just work my tail off to do them that way and try to Platinum this game.

I never said keeping up the bases was the hard part. I definitely think that survive wasn't easy but all you have to do is make sure you never out number. If you get knocked on the floor STAY DOWN. Regain some health time, even if your not at a slither of health staying above average health at all times is key. That's all i did you have to find a character than can finish off opponents with one combo chain because you don't want to waste time on one person. Ignore Juggernauts they take too long to destroy especially if you have about 3 officers trying to kill you. By the time the time was up i had about 2 bases left. It's about survival i'm not saying don't defend your bases but try to to keep them as as long a possible and if there is one base too far away, forget about it let it drop.

I never said keeping up the bases was the hard part. I definitely think that survive wasn't easy but all you have to do is make sure you never out number. If you get knocked on the floor STAY DOWN. Regain some health time, even if your not at a slither of health staying above average health at all times is key. That's all i did you have to find a character than can finish off opponents with one combo chain because you don't want to waste time on one person. Ignore Juggernauts they take too long to destroy especially if you have about 3 officers trying to kill you. By the time the time was up i had about 2 bases left. It's about survival i'm not saying don't defend your bases but try to to keep them as as long a possible and if there is one base too far away, forget about it let it drop.

I was just droning on with my thoughts. When I first started, I chased people down as opposed to defending and that was screwing me over. Then I lost to losing bases. =P

I've been scouring Japanese wikis and I know why you need adhoc for this game. Let me tell you why: it's not for beating Coalition mode. Coalition mode is tough but still doable alone. What's not doable alone though is getting S Rank in Coalition mode, which is the only way to get certain items. The trophy affected is Equipment Collector, which asks you to obtain every items.

ok so i have confirmed it's not impossible not to die but it is impossible to do it alone if your trying to get those items. The mode was made for more than one person. So my question is now do you think with 2 really good people is it possible? or do i still would need 3-4 people.

You don't actually need 4 players, but it certainly makes it a lot easier. I only know one other person with a Vita and we were able to beat all four stages... but holy crap they are hard. I think the hardest one is defending the bases.

3 players at least.

What tactic would you guys use?

And where you able to get any of the items?

I sure wasn't. We got a D rank, and I think you have to get an A or an S or whatever the highest is. I have a B on Sudden Death and I didn't get anything for it.

I don't really have any sort of strategy... I just tried to kill officers as best I could and hoped for the best. I only had two bases left at the end (and I think if you go down to 1 then you lose).

I do however have a strategy for Sudden Death - use throwing knives (Zhurong or Wang Yuanji). It gives you a lot of range, since it fires a spread of projectiles and they are ranged weapons. Plus, they are much faster than any other ranged weapons, especially the crossbow.

I sure wasn't. We got a D rank, and I think you have to get an A or an S or whatever the highest is. I have a B on Sudden Death and I didn't get anything for it.

I don't really have any sort of strategy... I just tried to kill officers as best I could and hoped for the best. I only had two bases left at the end (and I think if you go down to 1 then you lose).

I do however have a strategy for Sudden Death - use throwing knives (Zhurong or Wang Yuanji). It gives you a lot of range, since it fires a spread of projectiles and they are ranged weapons. Plus, they are much faster than any other ranged weapons, especially the crossbow.

Oh ok thanks and i was trying it with Lu Xun and the only things that would kill me is archers, sorcerers or animals like wolfs doing that rolling attack or tigers going there growl i thought it was pretty damn cheap but i was going t try wang yi, i'll try those two as well

Oh ok thanks and i was trying it with Lu Xun and the only things that would kill me is archers, sorcerers or animals like wolfs doing that rolling attack or tigers going there growl i thought it was pretty damn cheap but i was going t try wang yi, i'll try those two as well

It's a tiny bit easier with Wang Yuan Ji and Zhou Rong but the same crap happens archers archers archers. 1415 kills and on based left and an archer out of nowhere kills me. What moves would you use and not use?

It's a tiny bit easier with Wang Yuan Ji and Zhou Rong but the same crap happens archers archers archers. 1415 kills and on based left and an archer out of nowhere kills me. What moves would you use and not use?

I generally just spam square, I don't bother with charge attacks. My brother figured out that if you attack the bases from certain sides you can take out the archers before they see you, but I really don't know how he did it. But then again we weren't trying to kill a ton of enemies, we were just trying to get the bases.

I don't know if this helps you or not, but I often forget about the block button when playing DW games. Have you tried approaching enemies while blocking?

I generally just spam square, I don't bother with charge attacks. My brother figured out that if you attack the bases from certain sides you can take out the archers before they see you, but I really don't know how he did it. But then again we weren't trying to kill a ton of enemies, we were just trying to get the bases.

I don't know if this helps you or not, but I often forget about the block button when playing DW games. Have you tried approaching enemies while blocking?

I would block alot of it actually worked while moving but it doesn't the dw games.

imagine that this games gets an update to enable online functionality.

wouldn't that save alot of effort? just sayin.

Yeah it would or at least sony comes out of an Ad hoc Party App for the ps vita.

Can you ad hoc party on PS3 with Vita games? I would really like to get those special items.

As far as we know no you can't something tell me soon or later they will come out with a PS Vita updated version of Ad hoc party as an app on for you Homescreen. It might also be able to work for psp game also who knows.