DW 8: Extreme Legends Announced

widget624

Wow... that was fast... didn't DW7: Xtreme waited like 1 year before announcing?

Not if your going by Japanese release dates.

Dw7 Release March 11, 2011

Dw7 XL: September 29, 2011

Considering DW8 was released February 28 and XL isn't coming until Nov 28th it's actually a longer period between releases.

Probably just seems quick because it took them longer to localize 8 then it did 7. I doubt the west will see XL until mid-next year

Other news there is also going to be a Vita release of XL in Japan, with cross-play and cross-save features. No word on a western release of that version.

Edit: Scans are up

Chen Gong - Weapon is a War Book that summons soldiers to attack for him

http://i.imgur.com/UsOSmJU.jpg

Zhu Ran - Weapon is the Blaze Bow

http://i.imgur.com/lKXbCnP.jpg

Edited by widget624

I saw on Wikipedia in the list of vita games that Japan is getting a PSN only version of Samurai Warriors 2 includes both Empires and Xtreme legends HD

Please tell me this will come to the west as well please.

I'll be picking up DW8 XL and I'm sure DW8 Empires will come out as well.

For all the excitement with the PS4 around the corner, people seem to forget that when the PS3 was released loads of games were still being made for the PS2. The Ps4 isn't even being released in Japan before the west. Can guarantee that loads of these games will still be made on the PS3. Hasn't Sony said numerous times the life of a console is 10 years? The PS2 didn't even stop production until 2012 in Japan. The PSP still gets new releases over there.

It seems like what I hoped would happen will be happening..the addition of Chen Gong apparently means that Lu Bu will have his own story mode that follows the "historical" route, as well as the hypothetical. There also seems to be more characters not yet announced. My hope is that they do this for every "other" kingdom. Zhang Liang and Bao for the Yellow Turbans. Hua Xiong for Dong Zhuo. Wen Chou and Yan Liang for Yuan Shao. King Mulu for Nanman. I realize that this may be too much to ask for in an extreme legends, but I can hope.

The NA/EU version of the game probably wont be released until Feb/March of 2014. The announcement mentioned more new characters are to be announced as well. Given that Lu Bu is getting his own storyline I think we'll probably see Gao Shun and/or Lu Lingqi added to XL. They also mentioned improving the weapon tempering system as well.

Info from the official site

- New Hypothetical scenarios (ie What would have happened if Yuan Shao emerged victorious at Guan Du)

- Characters will be receiving a second Ex attack

- Free Mode will have additional features

- Weapon Tempering will be improved to allow players more freedom in constructing weapons

- Nightmare Difficulty will be making its return

- Challenge Mode will now have an extra course in addition the four from DW8.

For all the excitement with the PS4 around the corner, people seem to forget that when the PS3 was released loads of games were still being made for the PS2. The Ps4 isn't even being released in Japan before the west. Can guarantee that loads of these games will still be made on the PS3. Hasn't Sony said numerous times the life of a console is 10 years? The PS2 didn't even stop production until 2012 in Japan. The PSP still gets new releases over there.

I read an article on GamesRadar that listed off 25 announced games that are still coming to the PS3.

I mean, I really want to jump to the PS4 with all of these nice games coming, but at the same time, the PS3 is still going to have great games too.

I don't like how they pump out Dynasty Warrior games so fast :/. I find the series alright but having all these Dynasty Warrior games come out just makes me crave for a new Samurai Warriors game. Wish they'd put some of that speed into SW4. I bet around the time we get 8XL, they'll announce Empires :p

• 2 weeks later...

Xtreme Legends (+DW8) coming to PS4, at least in Japan.

small video of ps4 gameplay

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUu1d9_B4jw]Dynasty Warriors 8: Xtreme Legends - PS4 LIVE DEMO GAMEPLAY | Sony Japan Event - YouTube[/ame]

Samurai Warriors 4 was also announced to be coming out on the ps3 and vita, again no word on a western release at this stage

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=551608611560329&l=625a4dd597

Edited by widget624

• 2 weeks later...