Question about this game...

Does it have the original Dynasty Warriors 7 story in it? I don't understand from the reviews I've read. But I have a friend I want to get this for... Well, this or Dynasty Warriors 7 and I don't know which to get. If this is Dynasty Warriors 7 just with extras (like a GOTY edition) then this would be the best choice, yes?

Afraid not. In order to use the original DW7 story and conquest mode in DW7XL you'll need a copy of DW7. XL is a standalone game that adds 2 new modes, 3 more characters and 6 new weapons but can play the DW7 modes as long as you "Remix".

XL contains a feature called "Remix" where by swapping disc's for a few seconds it unlocks the DW7 modes for use in XL. It lasts about 24 hours before you need to do it again.

Also you can't get any DW7 trophies while playing XL but DW7's DLC costumes and weapons are compatible with XL (I'm not 100% sure on the weapon skin packs but I think they are compatible as well).

I'd get your friend DW7 first because that contains the story while DW7XL doesn't unless you already have a copy of DW7. But if you can get them both for a low price i'd recommend doing that because XL has some changes that fix a few problems with some of the movesets, EX and musou attacks by increasing their effectiveness (Adding more range or hits).

I never played the game so I don"t know.

Why post then? If you dont know!

Does it have the original Dynasty Warriors 7 story in it? I don't understand from the reviews I've read. But I have a friend I want to get this for... Well, this or Dynasty Warriors 7 and I don't know which to get. If this is Dynasty Warriors 7 just with extras (like a GOTY edition) then this would be the best choice, yes?

Id suggest starting with DW7 the story mode was excellent! IMO

But as Wolfbane said, If you can find both cheap (50$ and bellow for both would be a good deal IMO) get both

Edited by Skullz_69

• 10 months later...
Thanks for the info guys. I really didn't understand in any review if XL contained everything. Now I get it. I'm gonna have a look around and see if I can get both for under $50, otherwise just 7 is what she'd like most. :)

I would also get this, unless you're a diehard DW fan like I, bought it because of new characters :D

Also to platinum this ishhhh haha!:dance::applause: