Nightmare weapon, I'm stuck!

Any tips on getting the nightmare weapon on that level where Zhuge Liang is dying from an illness and then eventually dies?

I have to destroy the Zhuge Liang supplies or something before Zhuge Liang dies, but he always dies really fast. Any tips on what or where I should be going first?

Any tips on getting the nightmare weapon on that level where Zhuge Liang is dying from an illness and then eventually dies?

I have to destroy the Zhuge Liang supplies or something before Zhuge Liang dies, but he always dies really fast. Any tips on what or where I should be going first?

i had the same problem.

play as Zhuge Liang, this way you will not die of illness.

The route i took was secure the supplies by capturing the 2 bases in the middle. Doing so will allow Yue Ying to appear.

After that was done, I went straight to the far left of your screen to defeat the defence captain in order to attack Deng Ai. Defeating Deng Ai will destroy Wei's Catapault plan.

After that was done, defeat Zhong Hui as he will target Jiang Wei.

Defeating Guo Hai will also protect Yue Ying.

I think after this was done, Shu will order a retreat. Instead of retreating I went ahead and killed all remaining Wei Officers except for Sima Yi of course.

Do save on a regular basis as it helps.

Also, I attempted this weapon and got it on my 5 try. Hope it helps.

Hi Bofuism,

Thanks for your post and advice. Sadly it is the battle where Zhuge Liang is THE ENEMY. Not when he is your leader.

Off the top of my head it is the mission on the far top right on the second to last page. On that mission I can't do the objectives before he dies. If you have the weapon for that one, advice for that would really help :)

Hi Bofuism,

Thanks for your post and advice. Sadly it is the battle where Zhuge Liang is THE ENEMY. Not when he is your leader.

Off the top of my head it is the mission on the far top right on the second to last page. On that mission I can't do the objectives before he dies. If you have the weapon for that one, advice for that would really help :)

The exact stage and side would really help you get teh advice you need...

Well I am work now and can't see my PS3 screen, but as I said, it is the first battle on the right hand side of the screen, one page before the final page of battles. It is the Wei side, not the Shu side. When you select the stage it is the top battle out of the two.

There is only 1 battle in the game where Zhuge Liang dies so anyone who has this game will easily know where it is.

If I recall the weapon is a double sword thing, icon looks like a pair or scissors.

It is the Wei side, not the Shu side. When you select the stage it is the top battle out of the two.

Wei side: Kill Jiang Wei (Is that his name? The guy that takes Zhuge Liang's place when he dies) as soon as you can. This stops Zhuge dying from illness, allowing you to do what you need to for the weapon.

I killed Jiang Wei but I think I still failed. I think this level requires 2 players.

By the way, I got my first yellow light of death today! I managed to get my PS3 to turn on by taking out/or inserting a disk, have quickly backed up all I could.

I hope my PS3 isn't terminal :(

It doesn't need two players. May make it easier, but nothing on the game needs you to have more than one player to achieve.

Once you kill Jiang Wei you need to hurry back to your base (Well, the area in which you start on the level) otherwise some officers may die, ones that aren't allowed to die for you to get the weapon. Stay there until you see Zhuge issue the order to retreat, then the arbalast units will appear once Wei issue the counter attack (Or even if you just charge down the map yourself). Destroy all of them and the weapon is yourn.

My PS3 broke 2 weeks ago ._. So I feel your pain there. I went out and bought one the next day as I would have went insane without the ability to play games. Not got much money now though.

Edited by Tsunami

I finally did it, and got my platinum. But man the other side where you HAVE TO play as Zhuge Liang was even harder. Even using the Red Hare horse trick I had to play with a controller in each hand to be in all the right places at once.

I pity anyone who doesn't have 2 joypads or 2 players.

Btw I must be one of the few people who got the 1000 levels trophy before the all weapons one.

I finally did it, and got my platinum. But man the other side where you HAVE TO play as Zhuge Liang was even harder. Even using the Red Hare horse trick I had to play with a controller in each hand to be in all the right places at once.

Btw I must be one of the few people who got the 1000 levels trophy before the all weapons one.

don't need the pity, i actually did all mine on foot, 1 controller, and using red hare to travel across maps.

congrats on the plat though, im struggling to get titles for characters. getting boring and repetative.

I found all weapons easy to acquire!

The only slight difficulties I encountered were:

Battle of Wujun - Sun Ce's Forces (Hellsplitter)

Took me a couple of tries before realising that I had to also beat Liu Yao before he retreated.

Battle of Wuzhang Plain's - Wei Forces (Dragon Swords)

Hadnt realised I could just rush down the map and kill Jiang Wei then the stage was a breeze!

• 3 weeks later...

you'e not the only one, i got the 1000 levels trophy before i got all their ranks

• 2 weeks later...
I found all weapons easy to acquire!

The only slight difficulties I encountered were:

Battle of Wujun - Sun Ce's Forces (Hellsplitter)

Took me a couple of tries before realising that I had to also beat Liu Yao before he retreated.

I was lucky there. I made a save before I went into the main castle as I had to do something. The first time I did not get the weapon, but then I realised my mistake and reloaded the save.

Battle of Wuzhang Plain's - Wei Forces (Dragon Swords)

Hadnt realised I could just rush down the map and kill Jiang Wei then the stage was a breeze!

Same here. Took me a few goes to do it. I also had problems with the escape from Wu-Zhang plain stage as well as the guys furthest away kept dying. :think:

JvK :cool:

• 2 years later...
  • 1 month later...
i had the same problem.

play as Zhuge Liang, this way you will not die of illness.

The route i took was secure the supplies by capturing the 2 bases in the middle. Doing so will allow Yue Ying to appear.

After that was done, I went straight to the far left of your screen to defeat the defence captain in order to attack Deng Ai. Defeating Deng Ai will destroy Wei's Catapault plan.

After that was done, defeat Zhong Hui as he will target Jiang Wei.

Defeating Guo Hai will also protect Yue Ying.

I think after this was done, Shu will order a retreat. Instead of retreating I went ahead and killed all remaining Wei Officers except for Sima Yi of course.

Do save on a regular basis as it helps.

Also, I attempted this weapon and got it on my 5 try. Hope it helps.

With your explanation I did it rather easy :D thanks a lot