why can't they make the trophies less time consuming?

I thought DW6 was generally accepted as the bad one of the bunch?

Personally, I don't mind the length of time required for the platinum. I know eventually I'll get it, it's just a matter of applying time and effort to it. Plus it'll be something to be proud of, that it's such a long road, yet doable.

I thought DW6 was generally accepted as the bad one of the bunch?

Personally, I don't mind the length of time required for the platinum. I know eventually I'll get it, it's just a matter of applying time and effort to it. Plus it'll be something to be proud of, that it's such a long road, yet doable.

so I have a question. I know probably I have to play a million levels and repeatedly. But how repetitive do you think the game is in terms of going for the plat?

so I have a question. I know probably I have to play a million levels and repeatedly. But how repetitive do you think the game is in terms of going for the plat?

1,000 levels, not a million :p

I have played far worse in terms of repetitive bull to get a plat. That said, this is still quite repetitive. Not just for the 1,000 stages, but getting everyone's top title. As they all tend to have the exact same requirements, or at least very similar, and you end up doing the exact same maps as they are quickest. Perhaps it would have been better if I had DW 7, as then I would have had more stages...

Yeah ever since Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2, they've been making every DW game after that a long grind - Samurai Warriors series, Dynasty Warriors series, DW: Gundam 3 and so on...

I wouldn't mind if it was 50 hours or so, and I play Gundam 3 because I especially like Gundams, but other than that, I don't think the game is worth 80 or more hours of time anymore.

Since this is really just an expansion, the entire game kind of feels like a grind. Once you've gotten all the weapons, you're pretty much done with content. And that's maybe a quarter or a third of the total time spent.

It's unfortunate, but that's just what this game has become. Too many playable characters, yet people clamor for more and whine when people are removed. From a trophy mindset, you have to include everyone. Well, there's your 80+ hours! If you like it, you play it. If you don't, pass over to the next time waster. Nothing more to it.

DW6 did not have any trophies. DW6E had joke trophies, but I don't really considering the Empires series true DW titles.

1,000 levels, not a million :p

I have played far worse in terms of repetitive bull to get a plat. That said, this is still quite repetitive. Not just for the 1,000 stages, but getting everyone's top title. As they all tend to have the exact same requirements, or at least very similar, and you end up doing the exact same maps as they are quickest. Perhaps it would have been better if I had DW 7, as then I would have had more stages...

Yeah, checked the trophy guide. I thought it was not bad to play 8 titles for the major characters then I saw this 64 characters?? That's seems very repetitive. My brother is a DW fan. And he always force me to co-op. I do plan to purchase this as a gift for him but I will re-consider if I would include it in my plat collection.

Since this is really just an expansion, the entire game kind of feels like a grind. Once you've gotten all the weapons, you're pretty much done with content. And that's maybe a quarter or a third of the total time spent.

It's unfortunate, but that's just what this game has become. Too many playable characters, yet people clamor for more and whine when people are removed. From a trophy mindset, you have to include everyone. Well, there's your 80+ hours! If you like it, you play it. If you don't, pass over to the next time waster. Nothing more to it.

DW6 did not have any trophies. DW6E had joke trophies, but I don't really considering the Empires series true DW titles.

Thanks. I now have some good sense of how this platinum is like. I may still play it though. People say it is the best in the series so far?

Well, like any hack'n'slash, there's only so much you have to do before everything loses that "ooh, shiny!" feel to it. You probably will get bored before getting anywhere near the platinum. But, there are lots of games that are like that, so it's a case of whether you think it's worth working towards or not.

I've gotten burnt out on getting Plat (still working on it) a few times, so I took a break for the night, or a whole day and would start the grind again. To change it up, I went to English voices, and that was probably a bad idea. lol I can't stand a lot of the english voices.

I don't mind the title grind, I just hate the devotion lines grind. I can go several battle clears and no friendly. That gets annoying. It helps with doing the 1,000 battles, sure, but damn, it feels like I've been doing nothing for the longest time, lol.

I do think that people would complain more about the difficulty of getting plat instead of how long it takes for games in general.

I've gotten burnt out on getting Plat (still working on it) a few times, so I took a break for the night, or a whole day and would start the grind again. To change it up, I went to English voices, and that was probably a bad idea. lol I can't stand a lot of the english voices.

I don't mind the title grind, I just hate the devotion lines grind. I can go several battle clears and no friendly. That gets annoying. It helps with doing the 1,000 battles, sure, but damn, it feels like I've been doing nothing for the longest time, lol.

I do think that people would complain more about the difficulty of getting plat instead of how long it takes for games in general.

Well, the only difficult part is the Chaos/Nightmare missions. Everything else comes pretty naturally.

Like dynasty warriors 6?

I mean I am always on the fence for this series. I did enjoy DW6 but if you ask me whether i will enjoy putting 100+ hrs into it, I'd probably say not.

Now the DW series plat are more created for fans only. What you think?

I'm a fan... So time consuming, not really since I enjoyed every bit of my 177hours into Dynasty Warriors7, my 190hours into Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce, my 100hours into Dynasty Warriors 6: Empire.

Anyhow I don't think developers really care about trophies they include them, because they are obligated to. I pretty sure they include trophies to make sure trophy whores need to spend alot of time playing to get the platinum!

Sure, it's nice to occasionally plat a game quickly, but the longer the plat time for games, the more I feel like I'm getting my money's worth. And I'm a bit of a DW nut, so I'm happy to spend many hours with the game. :)

My philosophy is: if I can get an hour of playtime per dollar I payed, I got my money's worth.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm a fan... So time consuming, not really since I enjoyed every bit of my 177hours into Dynasty Warriors7, my 190hours into Dynasty Warriors: Strikeforce, my 100hours into Dynasty Warriors 6: Empire.

Anyhow I don't think developers really care about trophies they include them, because they are obligated to. I pretty sure they include trophies to make sure trophy whores need to spend alot of time playing to get the platinum!

Wow, the only series that can make me do this is DaS/DeS and FF games. I wish the developers had used copy prohibited saves on DW to prevent hackers from getting the platinum.

Wow, the only series that can make me do this is DaS/DeS and FF games. I wish the developers had used copy prohibited saves on DW to prevent hackers from getting the platinum.

Dynasty Warriors 4 was the first game I bought for PS2 back in the day, Dynasty Warriors 6 was the first game I bought for PS3 back in January of 09

I've adored this serie ever since! I must of clocked near if not more than 500 hours! Of DW4 not counting XL4 or Empires4