How to get 'Ingenious Strategist' trophy.

cocoa_sg

Alright, I have just gotten the platinum for this game so I will be clarifying the exact requirements for the 'Ingenious Strategist' trophy (which requires you to SUCCESSFULLY use all available stratagems in the game), but you do not have to use all in one single playthrough but over multiple scenarios instead:

First, you need to unlock all the 6 secret stratagems and then use them:

Rapid Return:

- Start as a free officer/CAW, then raise your Orderly fame to Lvl 2 - 4. Join an army and start a contract with Crafty Spy (Support menu).

Thunderbolt / Sorcery / Phantom Soldiers:

- Start as a free officer or vagabond leader and raise your fame (Evil, Affluent and Kind respectively) to Lv. 2. Start a contract with Suspicious Hermit (Support menu) and he will give you the respective stratagem.

Fire of Chibi:

- Simply join either Liu Bei's or Sun Quan's side in the Chibi scenario, and you will automatically get this stratagem before the start of the Chibi battle.

Edict:

- I forgot what level Wise is required for, but just raise your Wise level and contract with the parties that raise your Wise fame; you will get this around Lvl 6 or higher.

Next, there are some stratagems that will not count for this trophy if you simply USE them but they do not ACTIVATE later in the battle. You have to both use and then activate them later in the battle for them to count for this trophy:

Ambush / Pitfall:

- You have to let an enemy officer into the 'X' spot that you mark after using those stratagems, in order to activate them.

Taunt / Pillage:

- You have to succeed in using them. As for Pillage, you have to activate it after capturing an enemy base while still under the Pillage effect.

Dragnet:

- Don't quote me on this, but you may have to succeed with this one too. Just capture an officer while under the Dragnet effect, as long as you can see the chains around him.

Frontline Recall:

- You can only use this if an allied officer's troops are down to zero and he/she gets 'defeated', but not 'fled' or 'captured'.

Base Traps:

- You have to activate it by letting an enemy officer or troops bring down your allied base's durability to half, and then the cutscene of bombs exploding within the base will appear. Then, it will count.

Fires of Chibi:

- Simply play as an officer on Liu Bei's or Sun Quan's side before the end of the first year on the Chibi scenario and you will automatically get this stratagem before the battle of Chibi. Fend off the enemy from Zhuge Liang, and once he's finished and Zhou Yu says to release the fires of Chibi, you can use this stratagem and then it will count for the trophy.

All Diplomacy Stratagems, including Edict:

- You have to SUCCEED at all stratagems while in diplomacy, but do not quote me on this. Just to be on the safe side, just succeed with them at least.

That is all and good luck on your quest for the platinum! =3

Edited by cocoa_sg

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fires of Chibi can also be acquired by reaching max rank on Wise fame.

How do you become an Emperor or find the Emperor's Seal?

To became emperor you need to be a ruler with level 6 affluent and use the special ability "Purchase the imperial seal" and you'll become emperor on the next turn.

And thanks for the list cocoa_sg! :applause:

Fires of Chibi can also be acquired by reaching max rank on Wise fame.

How do you become an Emperor or find the Emperor's Seal?

To became emperor you need to be a ruler with level 6 affluent and use the special ability "Purchase the imperial seal" and you'll become emperor on the next turn.

And thanks for the list cocoa_sg! :applause:

What Wolfbane said, simply get Affluent Level 6 while being a ruler and use the Affluent special "Imperial Seal". And you are welcome, Wolfbane!

diplomatic stratagem like edict dont have to succeed.

i just got the trophy while failing a probally 10% chance edict alliance request. but to be sure might aswell succeed them none the less.

Thanks for confirming. Yeah, it is better to just be sure all the time, so might as well succeed in the diplomatic stratagems.

How do you unlock "Yes, I can"? I started with a created free officer, became Emperor and conquered everything but only the affluent ending trophy unlocked.

And what about the 3 visits? I presume this is the Liu bei - zhuge Laing event but haven't gotten it to trigger.

The last question is about obtaining a new territory through virtuous means?

How do you unlock "Yes, I can"? I started with a created free officer, became Emperor and conquered everything but only the affluent ending trophy unlocked.

And what about the 3 visits? I presume this is the Liu bei - zhuge Laing event but haven't gotten it to trigger.

The last question is about obtaining a new territory through virtuous means?

"Yes, I Can" - You cannot use a CREATED officer (aka CAW), but you have to start with a default generic officer already in the game. Start a new scenario, then when choosing in the officer list, scroll down to the very bottom and start from there; generic officers will be listed last. I used Tu An for this trophy, and you can tell if one is a generic when his name is not familiar and he uses one of three default weapon sets, sword, war fan or spear.

"Three Visits" - This is actually not specifically tied to Liu Bei - Zhuge Liang. You can get this with any Kind officer (Liu Bei is Kind too), created or otherwise. Simply raise your Kind fame high enough, and you will see a Kind special ability, "Three Visits". Use that to recruit an officer, and the trophy will pop.

"Obtaining a territory through virtuous means" - That is, again, another Kind special ability. Once your Kind fame is high enough, and you are able to use this, start a skirmish against an enemy territory to lower its happiness first and then use this ability on that enemy territory; it will be converted over to your side, and the trophy will pop.

edict is at lvl 7 wise, also i just want to confirm something, for "Fire's Of Chibi" i know i have to (obviously) play the battle of chibi scenario but do i have to be a famous officer of wu or shu (i.e. lu xun, zhuge liang, etc) or can i get it with my created character? and if so how exactly?

thanks in advance

If you want to join the battle of Chi Bi, you can start as a created officer too but you have to join either Liu Bei's or Sun Quan's side before the end of the first year in the Chi Bi scenario, the earlier the better. Then, you will automatically be prompted on whether you want to join the battle and if yes, you will be given the Fires of Chibi stratagem.

If you want to join the battle of Chi Bi, you can start as a created officer too but you have to join either Liu Bei's or Sun Quan's side before the end of the first year in the Chi Bi scenario, the earlier the better. Then, you will automatically be prompted on whether you want to join the battle and if yes, you will be given the Fires of Chibi stratagem.

awesome, thanks for the info :D

Since this thread is partially used for general questions:

Superficial Obedience

Be abandoned by one of your subordinate officers.

Uhm... how exactly? I was playing as evil ruler (cause that was the base for this I could think of) and had officers leave me into free officer state or for other rulers as of request from these kingdoms - but both wasn't the key.

I also remember messages of distrust against me, but these only as evil officer with nothing to happen in the end - but not as ruler at all.

Any input on this one?

Thanks

Since this thread is partially used for general questions:

Superficial Obedience

Be abandoned by one of your subordinate officers.

Uhm... how exactly? I was playing as evil ruler (cause that was the base for this I could think of) and had officers leave me into free officer state or for other rulers as of request from these kingdoms - but both wasn't the key.

I also remember messages of distrust against me, but these only as evil officer with nothing to happen in the end - but not as ruler at all.

Any input on this one?

Thanks

Quoting myself from the KOEI fansite forum:

"As for Superficial Obedience, the way I got it was actually not as an Evil ruler, but as an Evil marshal (or strategist, if I remember right). I was Evil under Dong Zhuo (who was also Evil himself). Many officers under both of us were very distrusting of us, and eventually Xu Huang defected to another kingdom, and that is when the trophy popped.

So try playing as an Evil marshal/strategist UNDER an Evil ruler and see what happens. To maximize your chance, invite a Kind officer into your army."

I believe you need to use the "Search/Recruit" special option (during Strategy Phase/In City) after reaching a certain amount of fame (Brave or Kind i think). The newly recruited officer will be a lieutenant under your command.

Once that officer leaves the trophy unlocks. It is better to play as Evil character because it is easier to dump them, and you can use other Special options like "Alienate" to increase your Evil fame and create even more distrust.

I believe you need to use the "Search/Recruit" special option (during Strategy Phase/In City) after reaching a certain amount of fame (Brave or Kind i think). The newly recruited officer will be a lieutenant under your command.

Once that officer leaves the trophy unlocks. It is better to play as Evil character because it is easier to dump them, and you can use other Special options like "Alienate" to increase your Evil fame and create even more distrust.

I don't know about the search/recruit option, but I've had people join me that I've recruited via the 'invite' one, and they left a turn or two latter without the trophy popping up. Also had tons of others leave to become free officers and join other kingdoms. Gonna abuse the brave recruiting special for a while and if that gives me nothing I'll start over and go for an evil strategist.

On the other end of the spectrum, one of the kind trophies had been eluding me all day. "Obtaining a territory through virtuous means." Never gained the ability to snipe territories as a Marshall, now I'm going through again as a kind ruler and still don't have it, though I'm only at 6 kindness so it might be too early to say.

After playing around a little, here what I came across regarding "Superficial Obedience":

You need to be an evil character in any kind of "higher" position (prefect/marshall/strategist/ruler) cause this is the first requirement for them to distrust you. Not sure if playing under an evil ruler actually increases the effect - it's basicly the skill of your evil character forcing the distrust against you as higher your evil level rises.

And this trophy only works if prefects are named (so playing the ruler by yourself do you need to assign prefects) - cause it's not officers leaving into free officer state and not officers changing into another kingdom.

What you need is a prefect deflecting into another kingdom, taking his territory with them. The message will be slightly different (deflecting to and not joining to) and in a 2nd message telling you that he took his territory to this kigdom as well.

I was evil prefect under an evil ruler and it still needed lots of turns til this happened, but in the end was it one prefect (next to all these leaving officers) that took his territory with him and left the trophy.

I don't think the Superficial Obedience trophy can be obtained as a marshal. Anytime a prefect would get discontent the ruler would remove them from power and make somebody else a prefect.

Hi all,

Anyone else have difficulties using the Frontline Recall strategem? I had my officers troops depleted, they aren't captured / injured, yet the option is still greyed-out.

Anyone knows?

I've been trying to get that one myself, so far I've lost half my officers, they either get killed or captured. I just can't seem to make any of them 'defeated.'

Hi all,

Anyone else have difficulties using the Frontline Recall strategem? I had my officers troops depleted, they aren't captured / injured, yet the option is still greyed-out.

Anyone knows?

How was your troop levels? You need to have plenty of troops because in order to use the strategem you need to have enough troops to share with the defeated ally. I think my ally took a 1000 of my troops when I used it but I don't remember exactly but they could take more so make sure you have well over 2000 troops beforehand.

I've been trying to get that one myself, so far I've lost half my officers, they either get killed or captured. I just can't seem to make any of them 'defeated.'

I'm having the same problems as well

How was your troop levels? You need to have plenty of troops because in order to use the strategem you need to have enough troops to share with the defeated ally. I think my ally took a 1000 of my troops when I used it but I don't remember exactly but they could take more so make sure you have well over 2000 troops beforehand.

What Wolfbane said. You need to have enough troops to sacrifice to bring back your defeated ally officer(s). So do not fight too much in the battle but stay back and order your ally officers into the heat of battle to get them down to zero troops, and then use Frontline Recall.

What Wolfbane said. You need to have enough troops to sacrifice to bring back your defeated ally officer(s). So do not fight too much in the battle but stay back and order your ally officers into the heat of battle to get them down to zero troops, and then use Frontline Recall.

But the problem is the officers keep dying or get captured when they get defeated

Thanks for the reply Wolfbane, cocoa_sg.

I got lucky yesterday, and manage to use that strategem.

I recalled having few officers (about 4?) with less that 1000 troops each, and let them charge towards the enemies camp.

Then one of them got defeated, the "Frontline Recall" strategem was lighted (enabled) and I used it.

Probably it is what Wolfbane and cocoa_sg mentioned. You need to have surplus of troops for it to work.

Also you need to ensure, that your officers are not captured / dead. (consider moving them into blue zones to engage the enemy officers)

But the problem is the officers keep dying or get captured when they get defeated

There is a chance for your officer to die (if you enabled 'Death' on before the scenario), or to get captured, if you send him too far into enemy territory.

Just reload the save and let him be defeated a bit closer to your blue territory to increase the chances of being 'defeated' only, not 'captured', 'fled' or 'dead'.

Sorry for changing the subject here but do you know if you have to do a whole playthrough to get strategems to register for the trophy? Im missing some of the brave strategems and I really dont want to play through the whole game just to get them and yes I know you can buy some with high wise fame.

For "Frontline Recall" is I had a better chance getting it to activate going into a battle with a full army, they seem to have harder time staying in the fight then they do going into battle with one or two officers and getting one of them down to 0 troops and retreating.