Whats your favorite DW Game(s)

carlito

I've played pretty much all of them. 2 was the first I played after my accident when i was stationary for a month and that's when I got hooked on the series. I think 4 is probably my favorite. But, the switching back and forth of XL and DW5 is a close second. I used to play those religiously and even on my Fat PS3 when there was still backwards compatibility.

Edited by Francofone

Dynasty warriors 4 hands down (I look at 4 XL as if it where an expansion pack since the only good it does is give you a higher lvl wep for 4)

I also liked 6 empires for its char creation even if they did ruin zhou tai's wep in that one it's fun to play with your own creation.

I liked 6 the least of them all but I'm not 100% sure why... just couldn't keep me entertained...

Edited by Redorae

In my opinion DW7 is a great game but the only thing that was dissapointing for "me", and this is only how I feel, it was too exaggerated I just don't like it when you can just slay 10+ soldiers in one hit, you can kill alot of soldiers in a battle then the previous games and I know many of you like that but I'm not so comfortable with that.

DW5 was my favorite. DW4 had great ideas, but was too repetitive. DW3 easily had the best final weapons, but the voice overs were really annoying. DW6 is underrated, but the camera hurts my eyes. DW7 is pretty good, but has no free mode. I like all the Empires titles, but DW6:Empires is probably my favorite. The XL titles were OK, but DW5:XL was awful.

If we also include SW games, my favorite all time Warriors game is SW2. They got most everything right with that game.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

id say dynasty warriors 4 cuz i was really afraid of lu bu in 4 he was pretty much god like character in 4 then after 4 it was easy in 5,6 and 7 they need to make lu bu more stronger cz now when he appears in battlefield he doenst scare me anymore unlike 4 where you die in an istant

Hands down DW2 for me, like Wogboy I poured at least 200 hours into that one fast & it was my very first PS2 game, preordered via import to secure I had it before my console

I had been a fan of side-scrolling beat'em ups & hack'n'slashers all my life, but DW2 was the first one I tried that offered that in a 3D environment, and it was wicked, plus I had loads of people to split-screen it with. All around it comes out strong cos it was unique to me, something the sequels can't beat even though they try to add something new & different.

Played every installment on PS2 & am currently racking in the PS3 games, got over 300 hours of hack'n'slash for 4 platinums ahead of me already :D but that's including WO3 which I'm getting in a few hours & the last 70-80 hrs of SB (Capcom, not Koei, but amazingly addictive despite it's ridiculous overpoweredness), but damn I want a SW game too, haven't tried a single on of those

Edited by Pinhead
woopsee

DW3 was the one that made me fall in love with the series though I played 2 before it and own the 1st one even (yeah the fighting game). I still think 3 has the best level design by far of any entry and was when some of my favorite characters were introduced (Zhang He, Wei Yan). Besides that, I think 3 was the biggest improvement in the series (like 4th weapons among many other things). Also, I thought 4 was annoying as hell back then, but now it's easily the 2nd best one. It might have the best soundtrack of them all (Dark Angel, Festival of Doom, etc).

id say dynasty warriors 4 cuz i was really afraid of lu bu in 4 he was pretty much god like character in 4 then after 4 it was easy in 5,6 and 7 they need to make lu bu more stronger cz now when he appears in battlefield he doenst scare me anymore unlike 4 where you die in an istant

Lol, I feel the exact same way. Lu Bu was uber scary in 4.

• 4 months later...

I loved DW 4 + DW 4 XL. I made every 11 lvl weapon for every character. Some of them i made with my frend. It was impossible made them on my own. I didn't like DW 6. Koei changed too many things. Now i'm playing DW 7 and it's ok. But DW 4 + XL still are the best.

http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/ShadowAsek.png

Edited by redwall