Stupid question _ how do you become friends with officers? Help please :)

Excuse my dumbness but how do i go in battle with them? Ive been playing regularly for a few hours doing every batttle the council tell me to but it always says im alone with no other officers and now for the !st time a new event wanted me to join this officer dude or whatever now im thinkin theres some sign of hope but now that i joined him do i just continue to play the normal battles or do i do mercenary battles and when do i do these battles do they get put in automaticcaly

• 5 months later...
  • 7 months later...
Just wodering how you become friends and get married pretty much or help explain how to ge any of the story related objectives that dont include fighting> i literally only need ! Objective to get platinum and i cant seem to get anything please help :)

I don't know if this was completely resolved, but I suggest working on a lot of battles and missions.

In each mission, you will have three side-targets that you can complete: one is helping another officer, one is helping a civilian-type, and one is fighting an ambush.

For missions, if the person giving the mission is Villager, I think the officer to help is random, but if a specific officer gives a quest (officer being pretty much anyone except Villager or Cai Wenji), they will be the officer you help.

I try to help those that I want on my team, but it seems you are a lot more likely to get the option of becoming a friend with someone you've beaten a lot. So, when you do missions, check the Battlefield, and find look for enemy officers and fight them when you can. They seem to be pretty common for ambushes and officer-assisting, but they can show up attacking civilians.

Once you get a friend, try for a friend of the opposite sex, so that one of them can swear an oath to you while the other can get married to you. Once they become friends, if you add them to your group then eventually swear an oath/marry them will be an event choice.

• 3 months later...