A Few Tricks To Make Things Go Faster

There were a few things I picked up that help make gathering the trophies a little faster...

For the character trophies, do the EASYFlame Tiger mercenary battle. I say them because the Snow & Royal tigers have attacks that actually can stun you or freeze you, and the flame ones rarely use their flame attack. I averaged maybe 2 minutes total for each character (usually less) to complete those stages. There are only 2 bases you have to goto and they are usually right next to where you start at (or VERY close by). Just call your horse as soon as you enter and ride to each (since footing it will take forever). Take out the initially labled Flame Tiger, then wait by the stone square in the center for the next to pop up and immediately start attack (you should kill it before you get hit by any of the others) and repeat with the third and final one. If it's a larger platform with wood around the stone square or a grass area, look for the corner where most of the guards are standing and wait there (normally they respawn there). I'd say by doing this I finished all the characters in just over an hour.

For the scenarios trophies, here are a few quick things to do and not to do:

* DO NOT start each one new, continue from your last completed save (ie after each finished scenario, save it, than select continue from that save). Keep doing this after every one and don't only load off the original one. (I learned this the hard way as I forgot to transfer my horse after the first one so I continued reselected my original save when I started my 3rd scenario and when I finished all 5, it didn't give me my Completed All Scenarios trophy because of it, I had to go back and reply that one I did seperately). Plus you can transfer your weapons and get additional money in the bonus options after each one (very helpful for making things go fast).

* DO try to get a wife ASAP. This cut down on the grinding out level ups as after you are married, you will occasional be able to select "A Time To Rest" from the Events menu and each time you "rest" with your wife, you level up automatically. I got a wife very early before I even gained a single level and just sim'd the rest of the way (only selecting Events when I saw new and that option) and ended up at level 21+ both times I did it this way. Very big time saver since you need to get a decent level before the last battle or you will get wasted. Might take a while, so make sure you find every officer needing help in the mercenary missions you do prior to finding one, eventually you come across a female and will usually be able to add her the following round as a friend.

* If you are down to just 2 commanders left and they are just trading back and forth territories, join whoever has the smallest number. Than when he attacks the other guy or is attacked by the other guy, join the battle and run to the nearest opposing officer and let him hack you to death. When you die, they lose, meaning you either gave the other guy that piece of land or made it so your guy didn't acquire anymore. After you get to the last one, when your attacked, join the battle, defect and defeat your former boss. I did this the last time I played and took me only about 10-15 to finish him off when he had about 8 territories to his name, so definitely cut down on the time.

Just a few things I found helpful when playing... Hope it helps a little when playing...

Edited by OnceFallen

• 1 month later...
But you should always note where the 2 tiger locations are because there are 5 targets on the map most of the time.

Cheers, Brrnout

The two locations always come up with white circles around them for a few seconds. Then after that im pretty sure they are a slightly lighter colour of red from the other circles:)

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...
* DO NOT start each one new, continue from your last completed save (ie after each finished scenario, save it, than select continue from that save). Keep doing this after every one and don't only load off the original one. (I learned this the hard way as I forgot to transfer my horse after the first one so I continued reselected my original save when I started my 3rd scenario and when I finished all 5, it didn't give me my Completed All Scenarios trophy because of it, I had to go back and reply that one I did seperately).

What does this mean? Do I do all 5 scenarios in one save, or multiple?

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Having a built-up weapon on your CAW with Ling Tong's or Zhou Yu's moveset and choosing True Speed as your special ability makes things relatively, dare I say... cheap. (True Speed + :triangle:)

Or, when you've earned enough bonus points to learn the skill Speed Up (passive version of True Speed :eek:) for every subsequent playthrough, you'll become almost godlike in Easy/Normal; and you can choose a special ability of your choice.

(wish I had my game back)

• 9 months later...