Mysterious merchant and other guy

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
So i am rushing through the campaigns, and i skip over the merchant alot

What are the odds of something good? does anyone have a list of possible outcomes?

and what does that other guy do? i skip over him and have no idea what he is peddling.

From my experience the merchant gives you either: Restore Troops item or An Item allowing you to learn a new skill from the skill tree. The restore troops is nice but as a ruler there are enough cards available with the same option. Learning a new skill via the merchant is only beneficial if you have a low amount of Funds. I ended up paying over 40,000 for the Swift-foot skill which only costs 1,200, which really sucks.

Who are you referring to with 'the other guy'? is he the imperial envoy? I remember refusing to pay him once and a few turns later Diao Chan joined my force only have her and several other officers betray me in the next battle. When you ignore, just make sure you don't allow any Han-loving officers in your army.

• 1 month later...
So i am rushing through the campaigns, and i skip over the merchant alot

What are the odds of something good? does anyone have a list of possible outcomes?

and what does that other guy do? i skip over him and have no idea what he is peddling.

your not missing much, like others have said, the only good thing you can get is abilities for the cheap. If you have a lot of money then dont buy anything because you can get the same thing for very cheap. I don't know about the other guy, so skip away my friend.

P.S. I found the merchant to be very annoying. he always appeared after I recieved 2000 gold and when you say no to him he gets pissed off. I wish you could choose to kill him.