The Jupiter Mission 3 Stars

MattyElms

Anyone got any tips on how to get 3 stars on this level? i cant seem to beat it i need a good strategy for the second and third race, my times are a bit to slow on these.

The Jupiter Mission is the last trophy i need but i cant seem to get the 3 stars on this one. :(

EDIT: Nevermind i just beat it now just need to do the trophy level for platinum :) hope its not to hard.

EDIT: Ding (P) Peking Duck

Edited by MattyElms

• 3 weeks later...

It has been a while, but I remember being stuck on this level as well. In this level, when you pick up the blue orbs, you are invincible to the laser enemies that leave a zip line after shooting at you and when you pick up the yellow orbs, you are invincible to the tentacle enemies that wait for a short moment after activating and then come fast at you and leave a zip line behind.

The key is to not only concentrate on the same coloured orbs for the whole level. Sometimes, when you currently have the yellow orb, there are almost laser enemies only and vice versa. So get the blue orb and you should get through without getting damaged. Also, you should form a long zip line by continiously activating the enemies (and evade of course if necessary), so that you get very fast. And another advice on this game: Do not give up and do not get impatient. Yes, getting 299 on Miracles sucks, but believe me: I got in 290 range many times as well and the only way is to keep calm and retry. You will get it eventually. Or do another level first.

• 5 months later...

I know this forum is sorta dead, but can anyone give me advice on this level? It's brutal. I was feeling good about myself since i already got all the trophies without any major headaches but this one, It's tough... I know I'm not doing it right because I've been trying for 3 hours now and my best time was 3:04 (21 seconds behind)

The first thing i do is try to get speed by hooking enemies. I just can't seem to get really good times on any of these sectors despite going fast. The best i can do is average, but the last sector is tough.

Stupid 3 stars :mad:.

I just played Dyad again and got the following times which you can use as a reference:

Sector 1: 0:51:02

Sector 2: 0:50:56

Sector 3: 1:03:68

Total: 2:45:26

I didn't use lance even once. In a second try I had a 0:41:86 in the first sector, but messed up in the following two.

Sector 1 and sector 2 are essentially the same and you should aim for a time of 45 seconds in both (but as you can see, 50 seconds can be ok too). In the first sector, you have to collect those blue orbs which make you invincible to the blue butterflies and the laser enemies. Connect two blue butterflies for the zip lines and use them to gain speed. Try to concentrate on violet dots in the background as these are the laser enemies. As long as you have collected the blue orbs and your whole screen is blue, you cannot get hit by these. Follow the lines from the laser enemies and you should be good.

The same tactic can be used in the second sector, but this time it is the yellow butterflies and those tentacle enemies which come to you after a small pause, leaving a zip line behind. If your screen is yellow, you have collected a yellow orb and you are invincible to the yellow butterflies and those tentacle enmies. Remember that when you have the invincible shield, you should drive directly through the butterfly enemies to extend the duration of the invincible shield.

In the third sector, it is put together and you have to pay more attention whether you have blue or yellow activated. As I wrote previously, you should switch between the colours regularly as from my observation the game likes to make the enemies appear which are currently not in your colour. The tactic is the same as in the first two sector: Aiming for violet or yellow dots in the background (laser and tentacle enemies) and following their zip lines. Depending on which colour you currently have, you can drive through directly or must evade the laser or the tentacle enemy you currently have aimed.

And in the end, this level is all about building up speed and maintaining it. This is also why using the lance is a very bad idea in this level. You may have a great speed for a short amount time, but there are no zip lines to follow after that which means, you must build up speed again and thus lose time.

Good luck :)

Thank you so much for taking a moment out of your time to help me out AppleKratue. I did all the above before, and i finally knew what i was doing wrong, and that was button mashing. Once you get so much speed, you have to button mash like crazy and you're pretty much invisible afterwards. That's the best tip i can give for any future references. Anyways, got my platinum. :)

Thanks once again AppleKratue, the average times helped ease my mind. :)

Edited by Warbear

Thank you so much for taking a moment out of your time to help me out AppleKratue. I did all the above before, and i finally knew what i was doing wrong, and that was button mashing. Once you get so much speed, you have to button mash like crazy and you're pretty much invisible afterwards. That's the best tip i can give for any future references. Anyways, got my platinum. :)

Thanks once again AppleKratue, the average times helped ease my mind. :)

Wrote a lot of text and still forgot writing about button mashing :o

Anyways, I am glad you earned your (P) now. Congrats :)

• 3 years later...