A Subliminal Reprise Trophy Level

DFILL450

Can anyone tell me what I have to do in this level? I can't seem to figure out what makes your life energy bar go up or what strategy I should take to beat this level. This is the last level I need for the plat.

EDIT: I did it! It actually isn't all that hard. Just don't lance. If you lance it doesn't fill up your life bar. So just keep mashing x and collide with as many enemies as possible, and you'll get it eventually. If you exit invisibility try to enter back in as soon as possible.

Edited by DFILL450

Omg, what the hell am I doing wrong with this level? My life meter never seems to rise out of the negative, even watched G4merz vid on his youtube channel, and still can't figure out what I'm doing wrong to correct it. :mad:

Anybody have any specific tips on how to go about this, other than whats already been said, it'd be much appreciated.

I am in the same boat. Its a shame really. I felt like every level other than this one had a pattern or a strategy, requiring skill and a little luck. I am still at a loss on how to beat this level. 6-7 hours worth of the same level (which also has the worst song in the game on it) and can't get above 40% life energy. I don't even know how I accomplished that. I am #2 in the world on 2 leaderboards of other levels, yet cant even come close to beating this one. Im probably going to take a long long break (a year or so) from this one and try again later. Not worth breaking a controller over, which I have come close to doing and no game has ever made me do that. :mad:

I am in the same boat. Its a shame really. I felt like every level other than this one had a pattern or a strategy, requiring skill and a little luck. I am still at a loss on how to beat this level. 6-7 hours worth of the same level (which also has the worst song in the game on it) and can't get above 40% life energy. I don't even know how I accomplished that. I am #2 in the world on 2 leaderboards of other levels, yet cant even come close to beating this one. Im probably going to take a long long break (a year or so) from this one and try again later. Not worth breaking a controller over, which I have come close to doing and no game has ever made me do that. :mad:

Build up a lot of speed at the start of the level, then go invisible and hit as many enemies (yellow and pink) as possible. Don't lance. Your bar doesn't fill up when you lance.

Ok, so after 10+ hours of battle with this bitch of a level I finally beat it. I cant believe it took me this long to notice, but I just realized a helpful path to take... I noticed there was always an enemy right near an extender (green ball/pathway). While you are invincible, aim for the extenders, as you should get two at once, which increases your life energy much quicker.

Thanks to G4merzlife for all the help!! :applause:

Ok, so after 10+ hours of battle with this bitch of a level I finally beat it. I cant believe it took me this long to notice, but I just realized a helpful path to take... I noticed there was always an enemy right near an extender (green ball/pathway). While you are invincible, aim for the extenders, as you should get two at once, which increases your life energy much quicker.

Thanks to G4merzlife for all the help!! :applause:

Congrats on getting the platinum.

• 3 months later...
I noticed there was always an enemy right near an extender (green ball/pathway). While you are invincible, aim for the extenders, as you should get two at once, which increases your life energy much quicker.

:applause: Thx for the tip! This made it a lot easier, got it within minutes :D.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

In case anyone got this on the sale like me and is still struggling I have 2 tips that helped me a ton:

1-Immediately after you cease to be invincible lance to get to a new shield so you won't lose any health. Don't press X, just look for the shield as fast as you can, chances are you'll have 2 lances just in case.

2-Don't build up your speed at the beginning. Speed helps but it seems that at the very start enemies are less scattered so it might help you boost your initial health a bit faster.

After realizing those 2 things it took me 3 tries to get the trophy (and pltinum along with it). And before I had played the level for only about 40 minutes, maybe a little less.

Hope this helps anyone to stop pulling their hair out from frustration. Happy hunting!

• 1 month later...

I don't understand this level, it seems like you have to build a lot of speed but the enemies are just too far apart to do so:confused:

EDIT

Woo did it, it was hard but I found magic circle harder. Best tip I can give is stay at a steady pace and hope to go fast in the last 20 seconds while getting as many enemies as you can

Edited by omnislash

• 1 month later...

I just got this trophy tonight and finished the other levels to achieve my platinum! :D Definitely was quite a challenge and I did go through a lot of frustrations and disappointments. In the end though, by believing, I have achieved it. Just don't let disappointment get you down in this game. This game will ask patience and will out of you.

• 9 months later...
Can anyone out their please help me!...stuck for hours my avg power is like 20-50 and i beat all others with top ten rank .

Well, I just did this tonight. It was day 2 of attempts. Along with the advice from the Warbear guide and the G4merzlife vid, my focus was to look for where there were two enemies to run into instead of one, which were a lot of times near the extenders. This will increase speed, gain life, and extend the shield longer twice as much, sometimes 3x if you can hit 3 enemies. Once I was flying, then it was just a very fast rocking and mash. Did it in 1:13.

In short: maintain speed, pair enemies, collide with >1 as much as possible, then mash and quick rock once going very fast. Also, I started with a lot of speed to start in my successful run. Good luck!

• 4 weeks later...

Just got this trophy and my platinum last night so I thought I would post what helped me. I muted the volume and sat close to the tv. That way the annoying music wouldn't stress me out and the enemies were much easier to see. Normally I sit a good 12 feet from my 50 inch so moving right up to it helped a ton. Good luck to everyone!

• 1 month later...

Phew, got this down in less than an hour. Guess I got extremely lucky lol :dance:. I was able to keep my cool and managed to complete the level in under 1.20. Did exactly as Gamerzlife did in his video. Still got The Jupiter Mission and Observations on the Beautiful and the Sublime to go.

finally got the trophy and plat

but i disagre with dont use lance

as in the guide(Do NOT use lance boosts, lancing through enemies won't replenish life energy. )

true but if you got like 50 60% health and lost your Invincibility and need to collect shield and its not in your sight then lancing is very use full because you will not lose any of your health and also will collect shield(or after using 2 lancing) as time is very generous...

and i was only aiming lance extenders as there is also a enemy near to them ......good luck

as in the guide(Do NOT use lance boosts, lancing through enemies won't replenish life energy. )

true but if you got like 50 60% health and lost your Invincibility and need to collect shield and its not in your sight then lancing is very use full because you will not lose any of your health and also will collect shield(or after using 2 lancing) as time is very generous...

and i was only aiming lance extenders as there is also a enemy near to them ......good luck

Yeah I agree with you. Your run's gonna get screwed if you don't use lance boosts when an invincibility shield is far away.

This. Also some times when the lance boost finished i continued flying at very fast speed with the shield already activated which helped a lot.

Edited by RRDude_PBB

Yeah I agree with you. Your run's gonna get screwed if you don't use lance boosts when an invincibility shield is far away.

This. Also some times when the lance boost finished i continued flying at very fast speed with the shield already activated which helped a lot.

http://i42.tinypic.com/246kmty.png

Extend Invincibility to fill your Life Energy in 1:30 or less.

As soon as you collect your first shield your life will start depleting, so the best strategy is to gain speed before you collect your first shield. Time is VERY generous on this level, so gain as much speed as you can. As soon as you're at a decent speed collect your shield and start colliding with enemies. Do NOT use lance boosts, lancing through enemies won't replenish life energy.

Your main focus is to maintain speed, not collecting shields. It's very possible to pair enemies in a straight line as lance extenders are very common in this level. Lance extenders can pair with any other enemy so use them to your advantage to constantly ride zip lines. Once you're at an extremely fast pace start tapping :cross: while moving the left analog stick :lsleft: and :lsright: in a rocking motion. Do not even worry about collecting shields when you're doing this, they will come naturally.

Should you lose invincibility, immediately collect another shield before losing too much speed.

I mentioned it in the guide, I just didn't mention to lance your way to get one. I should have been more specific, but yeah. You need to get a shield as soon as possible, even if you have to lance your way through.

You do not need to worry about collecting shields because your main priority is to gain speed. Once you're at a fast pace, collecting shields won't even matter anymore because you're collecting them without even trying. That's what you're trying to do. Tilting the analog stick left and right in a rocking motion will do that, collect shields without even trying.

I actually found this to be the easiest trophy level out of all of the golds. You just need to understand that if you're going fast, you'll complete the level without even trying. If you worry about collecting shields (which will come naturally), chances are that you'll lose too much speed and fail.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Okay, I was trying this and couldn't ever get above 10%. After reading these comments though, I just aimed at the extenders. Much easier. First attempt doing it that way, I went to 70%. Next attempt I got it. Just plain ignore the rest, aiming towards the extenders for collisions (rather than just ziplining) and it turns from the most ridiculous level to one of the easiest.

What helped me finally pass this stage was basically staying in a straight line, spamming X, hooking enemies and riding the turbulence. When i lost my shield i used my lance to maintain my health, then i proceeded to try to catch another straight line. Also as Raven and others have stated, the green extenders give more health and are usually near other enemies.

• 3 months later...

There's no real strategy for this, it's at least 80% luck. The only thing to remember is to aim at the green extenders and use a lance whenever you take damage. Don't even pay attention to your invincibility, just mash square the second you take damage (controller rumbles) and then pick up an invincibility while you're boosting. The hardest part is keeping the right speed. Going too fast actually works against you because it's harder to line up the extenders but going too slow makes it impossible to fill the meter.

Edited by MrTroll

• 8 months later...

After earning this trophy just now, i can agree with what others have said here.

To start with i was struggling to get above 40% life energy for around an hour of attempts, but after i began focusing on the green extenders more.. that 40% went up to 60%, a couple more goes & i got to 100% without much trouble.

I also used the lances as speed boosters to maintain a decent speed, which fluctuated between moderate to pretty fast.

For me at least, the tricky thing wasn't so much the task.. but rather seeing clearly the green extenders, that can be hard to do at speed & of course with so many bright flashes of colour constantly bombarding you.

As much as i like this game i'd have to say this is my least favourite level so far, i'm not quite sure what the devs were trying to accomplish with this one ? maybe just a difficult level to increase the life of the game idk? ..too many flashing bright colours assaulting the senses for my taste..glad it's over.

Just keep trying, you will get it eventually...might need to get your sunglasses out though ! :cool: :D

Edited by Formless11