Observations on the Beautiful and the Sublime

QuantumMercury

Edit: Here are some tips for those struggling with this level. After progressing and getting most of the other trophies I came back to this and it was a calk walk so I guess I just needed to up my skill a bit XD.

- When you hit 2500m if you hit a blocker you might as well restart

- Always initiate a lance in front of a green extender and hit as many extenders as possible, this recovers energy (but not life).

- The blue enemies recover life, usually you don't have to go for them cause you'll tag a few while going for the green extenders.

- Maintaining your bar is crucial, try to enter the 3000+m range with 2 bars and as long as you refill 1-2 bars after that you should hit 4000m no problem.

Edited by QuantumMercury

I'm already stuck and I'm only on the Danger trophy. I tried for like an hour today and the best I could do was 23/25.

Keep practicing but be warned the game gets like 10x harder. Some of the levels may seem impossible but there are strategies that you are suppose to use in some to complete them (especially for the races).

I just breezed through the level in the title, I just came back to it and I was somehow 10x better at the level. Anyways, I updated the post with some tips.

Edited by QuantumMercury

• 2 weeks later...
Keep practicing but be warned the game gets like 10x harder. Some of the levels may seem impossible but there are strategies that you are suppose to use in some to complete them (especially for the races).

I just breezed through the level in the title, I just came back to it and I was somehow 10x better at the level. Anyways, I updated the post with some tips.

How hard would you say this game is to platinum? So far I've done all of the trophy levels for the first tier.

I managed to place 6 on the leaderboards for the 3 star level of Observations which was cool.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/dyad/165518-platinum-difficulty-rating.html

I just got my platinum and I'm gonna say 9. It's up there with Wipeout HD and Child of Eden for difficulty but with practice it is doable. The game is short and doesn't require much time but does require skill, that said with practice it can be platinumed even if it means playing the same level for 2 hours straight.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Some good tips here, i'd also want to simply remind people how effective taking regular breaks are when playing some of the levels in this game, i know that's an obvious thing, but sometimes you get so determined that you keep on playing anyway even once your focus has greatly diminished, along with your chances of reaching the end.

I earned the trophy for this level last night, & i found that constantly switching from 10mins on, to 10mins off helped me alot, because your senses & focus take quite a beating on this level & so by only playing for short periods & then resting, you are able to play for longer overall while still maintaining the higher degree of focus you started with, or at least somewhere close to it.

Just keep getting practice & eventually you will get it, it took me several long sessions over a few days.

Also, unless you have some very quick reflexes, your gonna need some luck on your side during those final couple of hundred meters.

Finishing the level feels pretty sweet though :cool:, so don't give up. :)

Edited by Formless11

• 8 months later...
Some good tips here, i'd also want to simply remind people how effective taking regular breaks are when playing some of the levels in this game, i know that's an obvious thing, but sometimes you get so determined that you keep on playing anyway even once your focus has greatly diminished, along with your chances of reaching the end.

I earned the trophy for this level last night, & i found that constantly switching from 10mins on, to 10mins off helped me alot, because your senses & focus take quite a beating on this level & so by only playing for short periods & then resting, you are able to play for longer overall while still maintaining the higher degree of focus you started with, or at least somewhere close to it.

Just keep getting practice & eventually you will get it, it took me several long sessions over a few days.

Also, unless you have some very quick reflexes, your gonna need some luck on your side during those final couple of hundred meters.

Finishing the level feels pretty sweet though :cool:, so don't give up. :)

I have to take breaks from this game quite a bit. Everything starts to blur together and I can't concentrate after several hours. I've been trying to get a few trophy levels done per gaming session. I can't take much more than that before I start to get a headache and find myself getting frustrated.

I managed to get Observations done just now though. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting. As long as you just chain lance the lance extenders, as Quantum said, it's only frustrating in the last 1000m. I found that as long as I didn't hit anything (easier said than done with the barrage of things flying at the screen) in those last 1000m I was able to chain my lances pretty well and get it done even with only enough energy for 1 lance at a time. I think it was easier for me to do though because I just came off of doing "A Heroic Dose" where lancing effectively is crucial to beat that 2:30 time limit so I was well practiced. Another helpful tip is that when you are about to exit your lance make sure to spam the X button to hook things so you can get a nice speed boost coming out of the lance and pick up some energy from grazing some mines.

Edited by Elegy