Rate the trophy difficulty  

92 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_85.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 8.67

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Puzzler

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got my platinum and I'm gonna say 9. It's up there with Wipeout HD and Child of Eden for difficulty but with practice it is doable. The game is short and doesn't require much time but does require skill, that said with practice it can be platinumed even if it means playing the same level for 2 hours straight.

I will give the game a 9. Even though I don't usually post Platinum ratings until I platinum the game, this game is different. The first two or three trophies can be easy. After that, the difficulty is spiked and it gets quite tough and frustrating to beat the trophy levels. If you are looking to platinum this game, you better be looking for a frustrating time with it. Also expect to spend around a whole days worth or maybe even two or three in total time to platinum this. It's a short game, but when it comes to the trophies, it makes it a long and hard game.

Just Plated it. I'm giving it a 7. It may seem hard at first, but you can solve problems mashing X, more times than not. But when that doesn't work, it can get pretty frustrating. I enjoyed it and would happily buy a sequel, even if it's harder to plat.

I give the game a 9. I had A LOT of training on my alt account so that's why I pretty much aced it now. The game is short and requires skill but also a bit of luck for some trophy levels (eg. A Subliminal Reprise). It took me some time to get used to the visual of the game. I even got a headache after playing it at first. :p

Why are all these people rating this game that hav'nt platinumed it? This is a platinum difficulty poll for those who have platinumed the game not for those who hav'nt. I dont give a shit how hard you "think" it's gonna be. Platinum then vote not play then vote. Your votes should be deleted.

Why are all these people rating this game that hav'nt platinumed it? This is a platinum difficulty poll for those who have platinumed the game not for those who hav'nt. I dont give a shit how hard you "think" it's gonna be. Platinum then vote not play then vote. Your votes should be deleted.

If they don't think they can or know they can't platinum the game, then a 9 or 10 is warranted. What you're talking about is warranted when people who haven't platted a game says it's gonna be easy and then they find out there's one trophy that's near impossible to get.

I haven't completed this yet, but I would definitely like to hear more comparisons on how this is next to Child of Eden. Somehow this seems like it'd be much easier than that (even though they're different types of games, that being a first person railgun shooter essentially), but I'd like to hear comparisons from people who did both.

Edited by tokinoch

• 4 weeks later...

Just got the (P) and I'm calling this a 9/10. To me, it was a fair bit more difficult than Child of Eden (which I rated 8/10) due to the speed and the bullet hell-esque "twitchiness" of its gameplay.

Ironically, I didn't have any problem at all on A Subliminal Reprise, which a lot of people are calling one of the most (if not THE most) frustrating. I beat that thing in 45 minutes or so and placed 14th on the leaderboard. The level that drove me up the freaking wall was Observations on the Beautiful and the Sublime. :p

• 3 weeks later...
I haven't completed this yet, but I would definitely like to hear more comparisons on how this is next to Child of Eden. Somehow this seems like it'd be much easier than that (even though they're different types of games, that being a first person railgun shooter essentially), but I'd like to hear comparisons from people who did both.

Child of Eden is very doable because it relies more on level knowledge than reaction time. Knowing where enemies are to get the 100% is critical, from there on it's just about having the speed to lock on and release with the beat of the music.

Compare that to Dyad, the game is much more based on reaction time and due to level randomness practice just helps you react better to unique situations/linking enemies for better combos. I hope that makes sense XD.

Just got the (P) and I'm calling this a 9/10. To me, it was a fair bit more difficult than Child of Eden (which I rated 8/10) due to the speed and the bullet hell-esque "twitchiness" of its gameplay.

Ironically, I didn't have any problem at all on A Subliminal Reprise, which a lot of people are calling one of the most (if not THE most) frustrating. I beat that thing in 45 minutes or so and placed 14th on the leaderboard. The level that drove me up the freaking wall was Observations on the Beautiful and the Sublime. :p

A Subliminal Reprise was really luck based if you ask me. Sometimes you couldn't get a solid chain and it really diminished your life bar even after you built it up. That is just my opinion though... Maybe I was just not as good at the game as I thought I was XD

A Subliminal Reprise was really luck based if you ask me. Sometimes you couldn't get a solid chain and it really diminished your life bar even after you built it up. That is just my opinion though... Maybe I was just not as good at the game as I thought I was XD

Naw, I'm sure I just got lucky, haha. It just made me laugh because I'd been reading about the trouble a lot of folks had with A Subliminal Reprise before I even had it unlocked, so when I finally got to it, I was expecting to be in for quite a struggle... then out of nowhere I beat it after half a dozen attempts and was like "...well alrighty then!" :)

You should've seen me on Observations on the Beautiful and the Sublime though, I couldn't figure that shit out for the life of me, the tenuous balance between lancing/boosting to keep the 2 lance bars full from 2500m to the end. Took me at least a few dozen tries. Same with that level (I forget the name, it's been a few weeks) for lancing 300 enemies... at least a few dozen tries. You said it best; Child of Eden is more a test of level knowledge and memorization, whereas Dyad is more about raw reaction time.

I will say one thing though, Child of Eden had 9000x better music than Dyad. A few of the Dyad tracks sounded like, in the words of a certain friend of Garcia Hotspur, "a cat having sex with a harmonica." Yeesh.

• 2 weeks later...
Naw, I'm sure I just got lucky, haha. It just made me laugh because I'd been reading about the trouble a lot of folks had with A Subliminal Reprise before I even had it unlocked, so when I finally got to it, I was expecting to be in for quite a struggle... then out of nowhere I beat it after half a dozen attempts and was like "...well alrighty then!" :)

You should've seen me on Observations on the Beautiful and the Sublime though, I couldn't figure that shit out for the life of me, the tenuous balance between lancing/boosting to keep the 2 lance bars full from 2500m to the end. Took me at least a few dozen tries. Same with that level (I forget the name, it's been a few weeks) for lancing 300 enemies... at least a few dozen tries. You said it best; Child of Eden is more a test of level knowledge and memorization, whereas Dyad is more about raw reaction time.

I will say one thing though, Child of Eden had 9000x better music than Dyad. A few of the Dyad tracks sounded like, in the words of a certain friend of Garcia Hotspur, "a cat having sex with a harmonica." Yeesh.

Last post about going offtopic mods, I swear. I just have to validate that Child of Eden is the best soundtrack in a game I've probably ever heard. I mean playing the game for the music was half the reason.

As for Dyad, it was more sounds being slushed together than it was music lol.

• 1 month later...

I don't think this game is THAT hard. In many cases you have to find out how a level works and practice to get through faster. I like how you can beat the levels KKKKKKK and Perpetuation while driving slow.

Like many others said already, the level Sublimal Reprise is purely luck based and it sucks that it has the worst music, so I turned off the TV speakers each time I attempted this level. I also had bad luck on the Miracles level and I stopped counting how many times I finished that one in the 290+ range.

Overall, I would have voted a 6 on actual difficulty, but because of luck needed for some levels, my final vote is an 8.

• 1 month later...

I just finished this and gave it a 10. I think that games that are challenging for the wrong reasons suck beyond belief, and this is one of those games. On some of the harder levels, when I would post a better time/score, it didn't really feel like I got better, but that I got a luckier draw of the randomly placed enemies. That just sucks.

I really like a good challenge. I like the kind of challenge where you know it's your fault and you still keep trying because you're enjoying the game despite your struggles (games like Super Meat Boy). Dyad is absolutely not one of those games...it is too annoying to be fun. I unlocked my Platinum, synced my trophies, and then deleted this overhyped piece of crap as fast as possible. Stay far away.

• 5 weeks later...

Some levels are very easy and others like Subliminal Reprise, Jupiter Mission are very brutal taking a couple hrs to complete each one. Worst level though for me was Magic Circle.

Hard game but it doesn't really take too long to plat, can be done in few days but it's a hard few days. My vote is 8.

• 3 months later...

I voted an 8/10.

It's very challenging but not frustrating and very doable. I see quite a lot of people on here say that this platinum requires "luck". I think this is incorrect. You just need to know exactly how to play each level in order to "master" them.

I thought Magic Circle was the hardest. Took me 3 1/2 hours just to beat it. I also had a lot of trouble on the 3 star level for The Jupiter Mission.

Edited by Warbear

• 2 weeks later...