Is this game going to be free for everyone? Any news about trophies?

MerioMerio

Yes, it's completely free to play for everyone. All future expansions will also be completely free for everyone.

Trophies have at this point not been confirmed yet. The last I heard about it a while back was that there would be trophies, but it's not confirmed at this point.

Nice, ty man, but if i don't go wrong the DLC showned in my PSN store is for payiment, anyway the game looks cool, too bad for the weird interface female voice, at least in the italian version, really annoying. For the rest it looks like being a nice game to play and having a pretty cool graphic, on 3rd person view it's really a Dead Space looking like.

Any further info about the official release for the full game yet?

The official release is likely to happen this summer sometime.

Technically it has already released, since there are no more resets planned and everyone has access to it. It's still "called" open beta though.

well, so all we have to do is waiting for the trophy patch :) Well, i'm gonna training a bit with the game in the meanwhile, servers are always full and it's a fun game. Just hope progress trough the ranking and stuff like that will not compromize getting trophies (as it happened, for example, for Mercenaries 2)

well, so all we have to do is waiting for the trophy patch :) Well, i'm gonna training a bit with the game in the meanwhile, servers are always full and it's a fun game. Just hope progress trough the ranking and stuff like that will not compromize getting trophies (as it happened, for example, for Mercenaries 2)

They will reset the beta stats most likely when the release is up.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Edit: Quoted the wrong guy, and the game I couldn't name below is Mercenaries 2:p Original post with corrected quote below:

My experience with online trophies is that if you have already unlocked the stuff, the trophies pop automatically. There has been a few online games on PS3 getting trophies patched in and I haven't heard of any issues, except maybe a couple of games.

Edited by Pesico

• 5 weeks later...
My experience with online trophies is that if you have already unlocked the stuff, the trophies pop automatically. There has been a few online games on PS3 getting trophies patched in and I haven't heard of any issues, except maybe a couple of games.
That's only for games where trophies simply get patched in, he's talking about stats getting completely wiped to coincide with trophies getting patched in.

there will be no wipe and the game we have now is basically what will go live as the release as was said by the devs at PAX i never asked about trophies i hope they dont trophies kill online games like these
If by kill you mean keeps them alive, then yes I agree. Imagine how more dead Resistance 2, SOCOM and plenty of others games would be without multiplayer trophies.

• 4 weeks later...

The game was available on Newegg until recently. Sony planned to release it on blu-ray and still may do that later. A complete version. I think it will have trophies. It may not from the start but it's very likely it will. I won't play it until it does. I need to delete something from my HDD to make room and now this game might be getting deleted.

Edited by UndergroundHipHopHead

they did say there is going to be trophies.

It would be good if you could fine a quote on that one because I can't recall them saying it openly.

Even if they a while back vaguely said there would be trophies, plans can change. CCP has a lot of trouble with Dust, so I honestly think they decided to skip trophies to work on doing the core things for Dust right.

It would be good if you could fine a quote on that one because I can't recall them saying it openly.

Even if they a while back vaguely said there would be trophies, plans can change. CCP has a lot of trouble with Dust, so I honestly think they decided to skip trophies to work on doing the core things for Dust right.

i know they said it during one of their press videos. thats a lot of long videos to go threw as well.

i don't think they could launch without trophies. because of the rules sony has on games for their system. it could be however that you have to purchase in game currency or one of the dlc item packs to be able to unlock them since the game is free to play.

i know they said it during one of their press videos. thats a lot of long videos to go threw as well.

i don't think they could launch without trophies. because of the rules sony has on games for their system. it could be however that you have to purchase in game currency or one of the dlc item packs to be able to unlock them since the game is free to play.

Yes, there aren't any trophies because the game is free to play. Other free to play games don't have trophies either (unless you buy what's equal to a subscription or something similar).

Though, Dust does not have any trophies at all.

Yes, there aren't any trophies because the game is free to play. Other free to play games don't have trophies either (unless you buy what's equal to a subscription or something similar).

Though, Dust does not have any trophies at all.

lol wrong. there are several free to play games that have trophies. like TOM Blitz:whistle:

Yes, it's completely free to play for everyone. All future expansions will also be completely free for everyone.

Trophies have at this point not been confirmed yet. The last I heard about it a while back was that there would be trophies, but it's not confirmed at this point.

Since every game on PS3 excluding minis and previous generation classics have had trophies for the past few years, surely this game in its fully released state will have them too.

Since every game on PS3 excluding minis and previous generation classics have had trophies for the past few years, surely this game in its fully released state will have them too.

technically by sony's rules it has to have them.

i'm still waiting on the last 150 mb of the in game patch to download. before i will be able to tell.

seriously, why is there an outside of game patch and an inside game patch?:confused:

technically by sony's rules it has to have them.

i'm still waiting on the last 150 mb of the in game patch to download. before i will be able to tell.

seriously, why is there an outside of game patch and an inside game patch?:confused:

So it sounds like there could be a possible loophole with trophies. Oh, and that stuff about game patches definitely sounds confusing.

This game is fully released and there are no trophies.

There has been no talk about trophies from CCP, so I don't even think there are plans too add them at this point.