Daredevil is driving me crazy

Meggion

I've been trying to get this trophy DAILY ever since the beginning of february with zero luck. Maybe i'm just not capable, determined, talented or whatever. It has also completely halted any desire to get near PS3/4, let alone play other games. (besides occasional Vita while travelling) However, anecdotally it made me appreciate work hours & visit gym way more often simply because i DREAD to get home to endure this endless stream of painful rage. Can some of you blessed ones enlighten on the ways to climb this wall?

Unless you have the first 2 or 3 bonfires after the recommended first one all close together just restart, there is no point wasting time when the first one (after the recommended one through the window) is at the other end of the map.

Honestly? I enjoyed this trophy because platforming is one of and routing is one of my favorite things to do in video games.

I don't recommend restarting if you don't get the optimal route every time because you never know what is going to happen. Practice the tricky jumps every time you get the chance. The more you play it, the better you'll get. Try not to get frustrated.

If you've been trying for a month you obviously know that you should start off doing the first two tricky jumps immediately. They eat some time, but it helps a lot getting the floating debris window dash one out of the way.

Just realize its pure RNG and that most of the time, it WILL be impossible to do on that run. Literally. You'll get "the run" eventually where all the ducks are in line and you'll nail all the jumps with ease

Also, don't get discouraged when you get the (6) bonfire. From there is a bunch of easy bonfires you can get to pretty fast to make up for lost time. Especially if you're quick. If you roll another far one, like the rooftop bonfire after then yeah, its pretty shoddy. Those are the runs you know are going nowhere. Still good for practice though.

Just keep trying, pray to the RNG gods. There's no hidden techniques or glitches to abuse here. Get lucky, and be good at the jumps. Good luck.

Edited by TunnelingEffect

I don't really see what all the fuss is about, It took me 9 1/2 hours to do 'By My Hand Alone' so i was dreading doing Daredevil when I heard about it being hard, it even took me 5 hours to do Headhunter, going from watching a few videos earlier today It took me just under 2 hours before it popped for me, i even found it reasonably enjoyable, just keep at it and I'm sure you'll get lucky! I used this video to knock off 2 of them from the start,

Not sure if that's what you're using but it helped me!

Don't give up. Like with By My Hand Alone, the stars will align and you'll get that perfect run. This trophy took me a few hours to get by following the advice in the video posted above. Take breaks every once in awhile as well since this trophy will make your hands sore due to the insanely quick muscle memory you'll need to develop to get all of the jumps just right.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Finally got Daredevil today after many hours and too many attempts to count. Thanks to everyone for the numerous tips and support. I think I might have given up if not for all the encouragement to keep trying. Special thanks to those that posted videos, they were absolutely crucial to success. I couldn't have done it without them. That's By My Hand Alone and Daredevil down with only a few remaining challenges to 3 star. Each one took about a week of off and on trying to achieve. Daredevil took slightly less time but was still difficult. I think I can see the light at the end of the tunnel on this DLC.

For those still attempting this, keep trying. Watch the videos, learn the various routes, and practice the jumps so that when that perfect run comes along you won't miss it. I probably screwed up more than a couple feasible runs, so keep at it. Hastatus's Daredevil Tricky Jumps Guide was also very helpful.

When I finally got it, I ended up getting the 6 tricky jumps with 7 bonfires and 2 seconds left on the clock. Once you are comfortable with the jumps, I would suggest restarting if you do not get good spawns. No sense wasting time on a run that has no hope of being successful.

My trophy earning path was:

1. Tricky jump 1 to get bonfire at 1 - I used STLfan2468's method for this jump as I couldn't consistently hit the long jump to bonfire 1.

2. Tricky jump 2 to get bonfire at 2.

3. Tricky jump 3 to get bonfire at 5.

4. Picked up bonfire at 3.

4. Tricky jump 4 to get bonfire at 1.

5. Tricky jump 6 to get bonfire at 7.

7. Tricky jump 5 to get bonfire at 5.

Best of luck.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...