Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale - Trophy Guide and Road Map

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/marysia/286779/167197/600.jpg

Overview:

-Estimated trophy difficulty: 3/10 (Poll here.)

-Offline: 12 (7 (B), 4 (S), 1 (G))

-Online: No online-only trophies. Thank You For Being a Friend can be done online or locally. Use the Co-op Partners Thread if you need help finding a partner.

-Approximate amount of time to 100%: 25-30 hours

-Minimum number of playthroughs needed: 2-4 (2 if done as local co-op all the way through, 4 if done alone.)

-Number of missable trophies: None.

-Glitched trophies: None.

-Does difficulty affect trophies? Only one difficulty.

-Do cheat codes disable trophies? None available.

Introduction:

Dungeons and Dragons: Daggerdale is a hack-and-slash dungeon-crawling RPG based on the 4th Edition D&D rules. You don't need to have played D&D to play this game, but there are a few things that may be confusing if you haven't (explained below.) Daggerdale takes place in the Forgotten Realms universe, which is the same setting used in many other games and books, including Baldur's Gate, Neverwinter Nights, and the Drizzt do'Urden saga.

Walkthrough:

Step 1: Playthrough 1

You can play the classes in any order you like, but I recommend starting with the Elven Rogue or the Dwarf Cleric. The rogue is fast and can take down many enemies at range, while the cleric is sturdy and can heal himself. I would not recommend starting with the Human Fighter if you plan on playing alone. He can be a good tank if you're playing in co-op, but alone he is pretty slow at taking down enemies and he takes a lot of damage due to usually being in melee. During this playthrough, avoid buying items from merchants and sell everything you don't need in order to build up gold for Solid Gold. By the time you finish this playthrough, you'll have earned all the story trophies and The Big Stick. After finishing the story, you'll probably need to grind some more gold and experience to get to level 10 and 100,000 gold. While doing this you will likely earn Man at Arms.

Step 2: Playthroughs 2-4

You will need to reach level 10 with every class if you want 100%. You will only need to do two playthroughs if you do local co-op the whole time. Note that you can only do local co-op with characters saved under the same PS3 profile. If you're playing alone, you will need to play through four times, once for each class. You will probably earn Goblin Hunter during your second playthrough. If you didn't get Man at Arms during your first playthrough, it should unlock during this time. (I've read that it carries over between characters, but as I got it on my first playthrough I can't personally confirm this.)

Step 3: Clean up

If you haven't had a chance to play through chapter 4 in co-op yet, you'll need to do so now for Thank You For Being a Friend. If you haven't earned Iron Man by now, you can either keep playing or just leave the game on until you reach 24 hours.

General Tips:

Keep an eye out for enemies with the “Controller” class, such as the Goblin Shaman, and kill them first. Some can heal and revive their allies, and you don't get experience for killing them a second time.

Quests with a red ! are required to advance the story. Quests with a gray ! are optional, but I recommend doing them anyway for the experience and gold.

If you haven't played D&D before, here are a few notes. Most actions are based on rolling a 20-sided die, and this has been preserved in the game, as have other terms such as armor class, attack rolls, and damage rolls. The armor class is how likely you are to be hit, not how much damage a hit will do. The attack roll determines whether an attack will hit or miss (and whether it is a critical hit) and then the damage roll determines how much damage is actually done by the attack. So if you see a skill or weapon modifier that increases your attack roll, it makes you more likely to hit. Damage modifiers increase your actual damage.

IMPORTANT NOTE!

There is a save bug with this game. Normally, when the game autosaves or you save manually, the save icon appears on screen for a couple of seconds and then disappears. Occasionally, it just stays there forever and never goes away. If this happens, you should quit the game and reload it right away, because everything that happens after this point will not be saved, whether automatically or manually. I tested this several times. So if this happens, quit right away so you won't lose progress.

Also about saves: if you quit the game partway through a quest, even one with multiple checkpoints, you will need to start all over again. If you die, you will also need to start all over again. This can be pretty frustrating in the case of longer quests. (Your experience and items will be saved if you manually save during the course of the quest before you quit or die, though. So save often!)

Trophy Guide

Story Trophies:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/870/01.jpg Welcome to Tethyamar (B)(H)

Complete Tutorial - Descent into Darkness.

Earned automatically after finishing the Tutorial. Just follow the instructions the game gives you; it's a straightforward chapter.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/870/02.jpg Left In Ruins (B)(H)

Complete Chapter 1 - Ruins of Tethyamar.

This is earned after completing the quest "Nasty Surprise."

[spoiler=ch1info] After doing some quests for the Dwarves, they will be ready to open the Grand Gates. Once they do, you will need to defend the city against an attack by a bunch of goblins and other enemies. The main objective is to stop the ballista from reaching the city. Focus on killing the goblins that are pushing the ballista.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/870/03.jpg Into the Deep (B)(H)

Complete Chapter 2 - The Depths.

This is earned after completing the quest "The Skull Lord."

[spoiler=ch2info] You will need to win a boss fight against the Skull Lord. He has three heads and will heal up to full after defeating each head. He will also summon skeletons to attack you. You should have plenty of healing potions by now so use them when necessary and beat him up until he dies.

Edited by Sunlit Garden

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/870/04.jpg Open Wide (B)(H)

Complete Chapter 3 - The Mouth of the Void.

This is earned after completing the quest "The Rockfist Smasher."

[spoiler=ch3info]Another boss fight, this time against two rock golems. First is Granifex, the rock golem you encountered earlier. Stay out of the dusty/rumbling patches he churns up. Spikes will pop out of them and deal damage. Eventually, another golem, Obsidia, will join the fight. Some Zhent soldiers will help against him. Focus on finishing off Granifex first and then you can kill Obsidia.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/870/05.jpg Raze the Dalelands (B)(H)

Complete Chapter 4 - The Altar of Bane.

This is earned after the final boss battle.

[spoiler=ch4info] Phase 1: Rezlus and a bunch of enemies. Focus on Rezlus and let your allies handle the others. When you beat him the next phase starts automatically.

Phase 2: First, attack the dragon's claws. Stay close to the claws, so it won't spit fire at you. When you're attacking the claw on the right (as you face the dragon; its left claw) you can see that Rezlus is crouching behind the curl of the dragon's tail. This will be important. After defeating both claws, the dragon's head will be targetable and a bunch of enemies will spawn. Ignore them; if you kill them more will spawn. There are ballistas at both the left and right ends of the courtyard area. You will need to turn the one on the left (as you're facing the dragon) towards the dragon. Run back and forth between the two ballistas (so as to avoid the fire the dragon spits at you) and fire them at the dragon with :triangle:. When the dragon flies away, run up to the fire blocking the path to where Rezlus is (on the right side, where the tail was earlier). There will be a moment when the fire disappears and you will need to quickly run up to Rezlus and press :triangle:. If you fail you have to do the dragon part of the fight all over again.

Phase 3: QTE time. Press the buttons when prompted and crawl up towards the dragon's head. He will spit fire at you occasionally and you will need to move left or right through the holes in the fin webbing. When you get up to the head, just follow the QTE button prompts.

Other Trophies

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/870/08.jpg Solid Gold (S)

Have 100,000 gold in your bag at one time.

You can get gold pieces by finding them in barrels and treasure chests, defeating enemies, selling items, and as a reward from quests. Break all the barrels you come across, sell any unwanted items, and try to avoid buying items from merchants - you should find plenty of equipment and healing potions while killing enemies and doing quests. By the end of the game I had about 60,000 gold. Use Chapter Select to go to the Mouth of the Void and grind treasures for the remaining amount. If you open a chest, then save and quit and reload your game, it will respawn. You will most likely need more experience to get to level 10 anyway, so just run around and kill enemies and open chests until you reach 100,000 gold. If your inventory is full you can click "Convert to Gold" on an item with :r1:, but this is not recommended as you will earn less gold than selling it to a shop. As long as you sell everything you don't need when you're near a shop you shouldn't need to worry about running out of inventory space. If your character has high Charisma you will receive more gold from selling items, but I would not sacrifice battle stats for Charisma. I received this trophy shortly before reaching Level 10.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/870/11.jpg Four of a Kind (S)

Reach level 10 with all character classes.

As the trophy name implies, there are four character race/class combinations (Human Fighter, Elven Rogue, Halfling Wizard and Dwarf Cleric.) I was about halfway through level 8 after fighting the final boss. That was with doing all side quests and killing any enemies I came across while exploring. So you will likely need to do some grinding to reach level 10. I just ran around the Mouth of the Void and killed enemies until I got to 10. You will need to repeat this for all four character classes.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/870/09.jpg Man at Arms (S)

Collect one of every weapon type in the game.

This trophy can be a bit confusing. By weapon types, they don't mean the kind of weapon it is (Bow, 1-Handed Blade, etc.) It refers to the actual name of the weapon like "Scimitar" and "Elven Greatbow." You DO NOT need to have them all in your inventory at the same time; you just need to have picked them up at some point. I had this unlock as I was grinding treasure and experience for level 10 after completing the game. Weapon drops are randomized, but follow the formula "X Weapon Type of Y." Such as "Ethereal Longbow of Velocity" and "Unholy Elven Short Sword of Destruction +2." The modifiers add different effects, like "Blazing" adds fire damage and "of the Delicate" gives the weapon a chance to inflict Weaken. You don't need to worry about those modifiers, just the basic weapon type. If you're confused, you can press :r1: while highlighting the item in your inventory for "Convert to Gold" and it will list the weapon type with no modifiers. (I would recommend cancelling out of this menu afterwards because you can earn more gold by selling the weapon to a shop.) You can write down everything you've collected if it worries you, but you should get everything eventually. If you don't have it by the time you've collected 100,000 gold, you can buy weapons from the shops, as you will likely have no need for the money at this point. There is a list of all the weapon types here, thanks to user Ellusion no at TrueAchievements:

Man at Arms Achievement in Dungeons & Dragons: Daggerdale

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/870/12.jpg The Big Stick (G)

Deal 75 damage with a single attack.

You will most likely earn this automatically as the ballistas in the final boss battle count. Based on the scoreboards, 150 damage seems to be the maximum amount you can achieve without cheating. If you want to get the trophy before the final battle, use any abilities and potions that will increase your damage and hope for a critical hit.

Edited by Sunlit Garden

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/870/06.jpg Goblin Hunter (B)

Kill 1000 goblins.

Goblins are the most common enemies in the tutorial and Chapters 1 and 2. You can check your total kills in the Scoreboards menu. Unfortunately, this number isn't broken down into types of enemies, but it should still give you an idea of where you are, especially if you're still in Chapter 2. This trophy carries over between characters, so you shouldn't need to grind for this trophy if you're going for Four of a Kind, as there are plenty of goblins to kill. But if you somehow level all four characters to 10 and still don't have this trophy, use chapter select to finish it off.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/870/07.jpg Thank You For Being a Friend (B)

Finish Co-op campaign (any MP campaign).

This can be done online or locally. The way co-op works in this game is you load two existing characters (in local; up to 4 online) or create new characters. The game will jump to wherever Player 1 is in the story. You can play the whole game in co-op if you want, but for this trophy, you only need to complete Chapter 4 in co-op. If you've completed the game, you can replay Chapter 4 any time by going through the portal in the Mouth of the Void again. It's easier to do with two actual people, but you can do it alone with two controllers as well. Just remember to revive the second character with :triangle: if he/she dies, or you will fail the quest and have to start over.

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/870/10.jpg Iron Man (S)(H)

Log 24 hours of gameplay.

You don't have to log all 24 hours at once; it's cumulative. I would estimate a time of about 6-8 hours to get a character to level 10, so you will probably earn this trophy on the way to Four of a Kind, and if not, you'll be close. If you want it sooner than that, you can always leave the game on overnight or while you're away. It doesn't have to be active gameplay; leaving the game on a menu still counts towards this trophy.

Edited by Sunlit Garden

Looks like you done posting. I hope it's okay to comment. The guide is excellent and well detailed. There's only one thing a little off though. For the Thank You For Being a Friend you have marked the game as online, but you mention that it can also still be done locally. Technically, the game is still considered an offline PlayStation network title since players can do the trophy locally by themselves instead of going online. But I guess its optional as you already explained that the trophy is best done with actually players.

Everything else is awesome, just glad the game finally got a trophy guide. :)

Thanks for the feedback! :) This is my first guide, so I wasn't sure what to do about a multiplayer trophy that can be earned either online or offline. (It may have been in the guide-writing walkthrough and I overlooked it, but there's a lot to absorb there.) I just checked a couple of other guides and it does look like the standard format is to list trophies as offline unless they are only online, so I will go ahead and change that.

Thanks for the feedback! :) This is my first guide, so I wasn't sure what to do about a multiplayer trophy that can be earned either online or offline. (It may have been in the guide-writing walkthrough and I overlooked it, but there's a lot to absorb there.) I just checked a couple of other guides and it does look like the standard format is to list trophies as offline unless they are only online, so I will go ahead and change that.

No problem, one more thing. The game needs a Online Co-op Partner Thread. I see that the forum doesn't have one made. You can make one and mods will edit it and turn it into an official co-op partner thread. It's also good to have a link to it within your trophy guide once it's created. ;)

I haven't done it yet, but I had my own plan for Solid Gold. I was going to simply run the rogue to level 10 first and bump Cha every chance I got, then trans the gear from my other characters to the rogue to sell. Any thoughts on how close that could get me without having to do additional grinding?

Honestly I never really thought about transferring gear between characters since I didn't see any option to do so. Poking around a bit, it looks like you could do it by dropping items on the ground in co-op and having the other character pick it up. Is that what you mean?

If you grind the other characters to 10 and then give all their stuff to your rogue, you'd probably be pretty close.

Edit: I just gave it a try by dropping all the extra stuff my fighter was carrying and having a level 1 character pick it up. (Other than his equipped gear, which I don't have an option to remove.) It was worth about 6000 gold to a character with 10 charisma. I didn't make much of an effort to seek out treasure and gold on my fighter, though, since I had already gotten Solid Gold with my rogue. I haven't tested exactly how much Charisma modifies prices, but assuming you don't buy any potions on your rogue (I never needed to) and sell your extra characters' stuff with your rogue, you'd probably be quite close. I wouldn't do more than a couple item transfers to the rogue from each character, though. It takes long enough with all the loading screens and such that you could probably just farm treasures faster.

I'm gonna test the effect of Charisma on prices here in a bit...

Edited by Sunlit Garden

Okay, so I did some testing. I can post some numbers if anyone's interested. I've never actually maxed a character's charisma, but I have a fighter with 10 charisma (+0 modifier), a wizard with 12 Cha (+1) and a rogue with 14 Cha (+2). I tried selling a few items on the three of them. What I found is that for each +1 to the Charisma modifier (added every 2 points of Charisma) you gain about 3.3% to the prices you get for selling items. The maximum modifier you can get in the game is +6 (at 22 charisma) which gives you about a 20% bonus to sale prices.

If you hang on to the more expensive items your other characters acquire, and transfer them to the rogue after you reach 10, you should probably be quite close to 100k gold. But, I'm still not sure doing this would actually save much time, as I reached 100,000 gold a bit before actually reaching level 10 on the rogue, and that's with only 14 charisma.

• 2 weeks later...
Okay, so I did some testing. I can post some numbers if anyone's interested. I've never actually maxed a character's charisma, but I have a fighter with 10 charisma (+0 modifier), a wizard with 12 Cha (+1) and a rogue with 14 Cha (+2). I tried selling a few items on the three of them. What I found is that for each +1 to the Charisma modifier (added every 2 points of Charisma) you gain about 3.3% to the prices you get for selling items. The maximum modifier you can get in the game is +6 (at 22 charisma) which gives you about a 20% bonus to sale prices.

If you hang on to the more expensive items your other characters acquire, and transfer them to the rogue after you reach 10, you should probably be quite close to 100k gold. But, I'm still not sure doing this would actually save much time, as I reached 100,000 gold a bit before actually reaching level 10 on the rogue, and that's with only 14 charisma.

Noted, thanks! I'll probably still do that when I get back to working on my 100%, but its helpful to know.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Obviously this game isn't all that popular but I'll give a few tidbits for those people who are interested in doing online co op. The online is pretty broken and frequently if you're not hosting and you complete a mission the game will not save your XP gained. So what I suggest is to try to save pretty frequently while playing and usually right before you turn in the quest or right after you gain the XP from finishing a quest before the screen fades to black.

EDIT: Also a good place to farm gold is the beginning of the 3rd level. There are 3 chests there and a vendor and you can just save and reload right after. I think it was mentioned already.

Also, the tip offered by Nova in http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/dungeons-dragons-daggerdale/159108-co-op-trophy-partner-s.html works and is how I got it.

Edited by Francofone

• 7 months later...
  • 3 years later...

Finally going back to finish this game off. Was really frustrating with crashes years ago, and I attempted to play through normally again. (starting over completely) Was the same old game and I found myself spending more time rebooting the ps3 than progressing in the damn campaign. IF any other sad soul is going to start this game up or go back to finish read on...

A fix that seemed to work for me and made this game...as bad as the performance is, run smoother and NOT lock my system up randomly:

I highly recommend playing this game SOLO and OFFLINE. Do not attempt this game while logged into PSN. I think based on the saving icons I would see is that the game will constantly send information for the leaderboards. I guess I was correct in theory, as I cleared through chapter 3 with no crashes.

This was and still is one of the worst games I've seen on ps3 as far as performance.

GL :cool: