I keep dying early in the game. need help

Before I start going to the store and exchange this game for something else, I can tell you where I am having trouble by taking notes and write down what happens to me. Right now I didn't wrote down my progress the last time I played, but I can sure tell you my gameplay to this game is very poor.

My character is in a very early stage

The weapon attacks are useless for me and I can't seem to see the different attack methods

the enemies are colored by; green , then yellow, then orange, and then red

Everytime I attack an enemy, their colors changed and I don't know what the colors represents. The game did told me turing the tutorial but I forgot it already

I just don't know what I'm doing wrong. Whatever I'm doing in this game is very bad. Would it help if I get the official strategy guide book and start the game all over?

• 2 weeks later...

The colors represent the life of your enemies. Green, they have full or almost full HP; Yellow, they're halfway done; Red, they're almost out.

I finished the game without using a guide of any sort. You just have to be thorough if you want to finish all quests.

As for dying early, are you playing on Casual? The achievement guide suggests you do so, and I did. I found out it's the best difficulty for starting players, and even then, I still died on some of the boss encounters for being too careless.

Implement a run-and-gun tactic; Try defeating a few opponents, don't rush in and if all of them are over you, run and heal, then go back once you've recovered a bit of HP.

It's not the best action RPG, but it's good enough once you get far enough into the game.

• 1 year later...

The character you start with seems to help with how far you can get most easily, also, the difficulty setting is important to consider. From my experience, the two women are easier to play through in the beginning than the guys. Also, if you are getting overrun by enemies, try a run and gun technique? Pick off one or two at a time - enemies don't follow long.

• 4 weeks later...