DLC and boosting, what you need to know

CatNZ

a quick public service announcement here:

DS3 multiplayer isn't compatible between people with & without DLC, stupid huh? :p if you don't have DLC, and attempt to join someone who does, the game will say that you don't have the required content to join their game.

this can be resolved in 2 ways:

1) proceed with DLC - whoever that doesn't have the DLC, go buy & install it.

2) proceed without DLC - whoever that does have the DLC, can delete the game data (NOT savegame). if they want to play DLC content later, they'll need to download & install it again afterwards.

and finally, the DLC is ~600MB to download, which may take a while :o

You can always compare your list with a friend who has also played DS3 (doesn't need to have DLC installed) to see the DLC trophies, but here you go:

10 trophies total, 7 bronze and 3 silvers

7 of them are story related and can't be missed, 2 are gained through completing side missions and 1 is gotten through respecing your character. No online/multiplayer trophies.

Overall, the DLC is pretty short, 3-4 hours.

Edited by SublimeKing

• 1 month later...
the co-op missions in dungeon siege are complete BS. When you need a paragraph to explain what you have to do for a certain trophy you know you're in trouble. I'm talking about you HELPING HANDS TROPHY!!!

Helping Hands wasn't too bad. personally I understood its trophy description just fine... "While joined to another player's game, you used an empowered defensive ability to assist the party" what's unclear about that? :p

We Are Legion and Royalist Ally on the other hand though, have completely misleading/cryptic trophy description. you can easily screw yourself out of We Are Legion simply by innocently having 2p use a character you haven't recruited yet. and Royalist Ally? that's one worthless trophy description right there.

a quick public service announcement here:

DS3 multiplayer isn't compatible between people with & without DLC, stupid huh? :p if you don't have DLC, and attempt to join someone who does, the game will say that you don't have the required content to join their game.

this can be resolved in 2 ways:

1) proceed with DLC - whoever that doesn't have the DLC, go buy & install it.

2) proceed without DLC - whoever that does have the DLC, can delete the game data (NOT savegame). if they want to play DLC content later, they'll need to download & install it again afterwards.

and finally, the DLC is ~600MB to download, which may take a while :o

Or option 3. person who does not have DLC host the game and then people with DLC join :)

• 5 months later...

realized that but i am worried if i delete dlc, will it prevent from loading a save file that was saved at a time when i still had the DLC? ...even if my character is not in a dlc area on the save file. I am confident another game did this to me, but it's been so long i cannot remember which game. But it was the exact same scenario

• 2 weeks later...
realized that but i am worried if i delete dlc, will it prevent from loading a save file that was saved at a time when i still had the DLC? ...even if my character is not in a dlc area on the save file. I am confident another game did this to me, but it's been so long i cannot remember which game. But it was the exact same scenario

Confirmed you can't load it. My hardcore run was started after I had the DLC and I can't load it after deleting.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
You can always compare your list with a friend who has also played DS3 (doesn't need to have DLC installed) to see the DLC trophies, but here you go:

10 trophies total, 7 bronze and 3 silvers

7 of them are story related and can't be missed, 2 are gained through completing side missions and 1 is gotten through respecing your character. No online/multiplayer trophies.

Overall, the DLC is pretty short, 3-4 hours.

Some of these trophy are missable? :confused:

My game is from France, if I buy the Treasures of the Sun in my brazilian account will it work?

No, you need to buy the DLC from the Europe PSN.

• 2 months later...

Hey, i bought this game a few months back and have been finishing up other games. I have a few concerns regarding the online trophies. How easy are they to get? How many of the co-op trophies can i get with 2 controllers offline? How long does a playthrough take (will be using a guide)? If the online trophies seem achievable i might just try and get a playthrough done quickly and then do the online trophies. A reply to my PSN would be quicker, LambzGoHard

Edited by LambzGoHard