Length of time required for Helping Hand?

homerjnick

So I have completed the game on Normal with Lucas...I continually used my healing defensive ability and had it empowered by the time I wa speaking to the Queen which is a long time!

So for the Helping Hand trophy I need to join a game, master a defensive ability to the point that it is empowered and then use it to assist the party.

That will take ages if I used Lucas based on my single player experience, how have others gotten this trophy? How long does it take?

I'd like to join in on this party if you guys don't mind. At least for the defensive ability. I have a Katarina boss file save, and by the time you guys do this I'll have a save for getting Lucas to level 20. Let me know if you guys need help or don't mind me joining this group.

PSN: Nameless600

I'd like to join in on this party if you guys don't mind. At least for the defensive ability. I have a Katarina boss file save, and by the time you guys do this I'll have a save for getting Lucas to level 20. Let me know if you guys need help or don't mind me joining this group.

PSN: Nameless600

I got all level 20 last night but I have a save that is ready to help you to level up to 20...I am in the UK and will be on from 8pm tonight till whenever GMT timezone if you fancy?

I just need:

Worthy of Legend - You completed Dungeon Siege III at the highest difficulty level.

Of One Mind - You have agreed on dialogue choices 20 times in one session.

Military Intelligence - You were part of a conversation wherein four players were all in disagreement over what to say.

Helping Hand - While joined to another player's game, you used an empowered Defensive Ability to assist the party.

Nerds Hate Sunlight - You and a friend have played for three hours in one session.

Maximum Bro Fist - Playing co-op as Lucas and Reinhart, you defeated a boss.

Two Girls, One Boss - Playing co-op as Anjali and Katarina, you defeated a boss.

Friend of mine started a file, and I played Katarina co-op for him, healing myself every time a power orb was up, and got it by the end of Gunderic Manor. So if you spam it endlessly, it doesn't take all that long. Took less time than Nerds Hate Sunlight.

Nah I forgot to press R2 and L2!

I have a save where I am Lucas and my companion through out was Anijla and she has an enpowered defensive ability, I have a save at the end of the game so if anyone wants this then let me know, takes 2 seconds to get!

I would like to take u up on that emPowered ability trophy if possible. I'll message u later with a friends request. Anything I can do In return?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I joined a game that someone else hosted, I was Lucas, he had Unbridled Wrath empowered so I used it constantly but no trophy....any ideas why? The ability bar was right up to the max to the right and was purple...

ive had this problem a few times, i joined a game, played for 2 hours to get the ability enpowered ....used it a hundred times and nothing, but there was only 3 of us, maybe u need the whole 4?? no idea but this has happened a few times and wasted hours for nothing!!

ive had this problem a few times, i joined a game, played for 2 hours to get the ability enpowered ....used it a hundred times and nothing, but there was only 3 of us, maybe u need the whole 4?? no idea but this has happened a few times and wasted hours for nothing!!

you don't need to have all 4 characters with empowered abilities for Helping Hand, just one character with empowered ability will do.

it does glitch though, I would recommend both players restart the session, then try again.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

This ended up being easier than I thought. I joined someones game at the Spire Gardens as Lucas, only had the bar to the edge of the abilities icon (so maybe 1-2" in), and was able to empower and trophy by the beginning of the Eastern Swamp. I used heal CONSTANTLY, even if full on life I'd use all 4 spheres casting the ability. This leveled it up insanely fast.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

so just to clarify, if I join an online game and the person playing has their characters with a mastered defense ability, the trophy should unlock right? This includes the healing ones too? Or something that will impact all the other players too?

I'm also assuming it has nothing to do with my own characters levels (from my file)?

Thanks for helping with my noob question :)

so just to clarify, if I join an online game and the person playing has their characters with a mastered defense ability, the trophy should unlock right? This includes the healing ones too? Or something that will impact all the other players too?

I'm also assuming it has nothing to do with my own characters levels (from my file)?

Thanks for helping with my noob question :)

Right, it has nothing to do with your progress at all... this trophy is 100% reliant on the other person. Just join a game, pick a character and see if they have a mastered defensive ability. If not, you can change characters when your party dies and continues to see if maybe its on another character. Remember, you have to actually use the Empowered ability (which uses 2 power spheres) in order for the trophy to pop.

Basically, don't join a game unless the persons level is AT LEAST 20 or higher or none of the abilities will be anywhere near mastered. The AI rarely uses defensive abilities when not controlled by a human player.