Complete Game as <Character> Trophy Glitch

karat

So, I've been glitched out of these trophies twice. I only need to complete the game as Anjeli to get my platinum. I joined in the East Tower, did the Jeyne and final boss battles, but no trophy. I didn't join late, and I wasn't dead at the end of the game. However, I did walk away from the controller at the end and didn't participate in the conversation. Not clear if that's related.

However, there definitely is a glitch here. It's just not obvious what's causing it. If you want to be safe, don't join at the last minute, don't end the game while dead, and don't time out during the final conversation. Once again, it's not clear if any of that is related, but it is a rather obnoxious glitch.

I've defeated the final boss 7 times now (and cleared out the spire a dozen times), and I still need to do it again. *sigh*

Anyway, post your experiences with the glitch here, and maybe we'll find a pattern.

Did you do it on your own game from start to finish?

Why? So I can put in more time just to have it glitch again? I really don't see the point of taking even longer between tries. It's certainly not necessary, and it won't necessarily avoid the glitch.

I've now had this glitch on me three times already...

Really, I'd like to have some idea of what causes the glitch and how to prevent it.

I´ve been playing the game with 2 of my brothers and it seems to be really really glitched..

We played on hardcore, I survived the final boss..

I got all the trophies that I should receive.

Then we started to load the game to get the "complete the game as..." trophy with the rest.

I got my trophies every single time, one of my brothers got them sometimes while the other didn´t get anything.

We finished that boss like ten times (I had already got mine) but the trophies just wouldn´t pop for one my brothers... :think:

• 2 weeks later...

After completing the game on casual myself once I hoped online to get the other trophies. All 3 times I selected 'take a break' and let the AI play. I skipped the stuff at the end and didn't say anything in the conversation and the trophies popped.

One of the 3 times for some reason that I don't know we killed the boss but it never showed the cut scenes where his arms were destroyed (so we never got to the part where he summoned all the creatures, fired that black stuff etc) and at the end of that I didn't get the trophy. I don't know what stopped it from trigger correctly but that messed up the trophy.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Same problem here with Anjali... I joined before the last fight, during the Epilogue "View From the Top" and "Party of Four" popped, but not "Fiery Judgment". But I skipped parts of the epilogue, next time I´ll try it without skipping.

Many trophies seems to be glitched, I also didn´t get "We are Legion" and "Merchant of Ehb".

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
After completing the game on casual myself once I hoped online to get the other trophies. All 3 times I selected 'take a break' and let the AI play. I skipped the stuff at the end and didn't say anything in the conversation and the trophies popped.

One of the 3 times for some reason that I don't know we killed the boss but it never showed the cut scenes where his arms were destroyed (so we never got to the part where he summoned all the creatures, fired that black stuff etc) and at the end of that I didn't get the trophy. I don't know what stopped it from trigger correctly but that messed up the trophy.

I had the exact opposite happening today! :D

Two of the trophies popped just fine, but the two last ones, Lucas and Anjali, both took me about 4 attempts to get. :\

• 5 months later...

Does anyone know a way around this?

Was playing with someone yesterday and both times we went for this it glitched on me, but worked for him in my games.

Differences between us; I had the DLC until I removed it for him and my beat game was on casual, while his was normal.

Tried with two different characters, one time each.

Dumped my game data again, and am hoping for it later today.

• 2 months later...
Both Anjali and Katarina glitched for me online, ended up having to finish both of them in SP.

It's just to get someone with a save near the end of the game where they chose to play as someone you don't need to complete the game as. From here you just need to keep trying to beat the last boss with them online. Might be you need to do the final blow on ?both? parts? Anyways, it worked well for me even though I had to try like 5 times with a couple of the characters. :) At least better than playing through this horrid game all over again.

• 1 year later...