Rich King - a faster method?

Note: This trophy requires grinding no matter what others claim or say.

For one, this trophy is best earned on Legend difficultly mode. Once you finish the game for the first time on Legend you'll have between 600-750k at best. Now the best method I know to finish getting gold is by fighting The Dark Queen over and over again. And skipping the ending to reload your Legend save to repeat the process of killer her again. Every time you kill her you get to collect her loot and the loot from the two treasure chest that spawn after she's dead. Collecting this loot altogether will add up to about 25.5k worth of gold every time. And since you're maxed of in level with some of the game's best gear at your hand she's a cake walk every time for it only takes 1 minute and 5 secs to kill her. That's not bad at all.

And for anybody's info, I trying back tracking and killing everything in my way as if I was story progressing all over again, This net me less gold and took more time than the above killing The Dark Queen method.

What are other methods to grind this 1 million gold at or near the the end of the game. And useful information will be very helpful for the site and the threads.

Thank you for read and providing your replies.

There's always the duplicate item trick. http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/dungeon-hunter-alliance/103000-duplicate-your-items-sell-give-away.html

You could coordinate with somebody to keep giving you a full inventory of high end expensive weapons/armor. While you sell the items, they quit via the PS3 XMB, then rejoin your game and give you the full inventory again. Repeat till the trophy pops and then reverse the process for your partner.

Edited by SublimeKing

Note: This trophy requires grinding no matter what others claim or say.

I did not do any grinding in this game- maybe it's because I went through Hero & Legend in 95% single player (& 5% online)? I only transmuted (sp?) white items when my bag was maxed out (I think you receive more gold when you do not auto-transmute). My warrior isn't a beast of any sort; his specs fully armored are approx.:

STR: 104

DEX: 68

END: 60

ENG: 55

I did die here & there because the game's bosses are tough going solo; but I did not grind, I simply backtracked & sold whatever I found. This trophy popped up when I had 1x more guardian to kill on Legend. Trust me, I know what type of game this is- grinding isn't fun at all & more importantly, the game's economy & the challenges after completing Legend do not reward grinding.

I know that many people agree that the Rogue class is most effective solo character but I discovered this later & now realize that warriors are abit problematic to evolve, & that could explain the difficulty in finishing Legend on solo.

Anyways, I found that the "Air" guardian "realm" in the final Act drops the most Gold loot compared to the other realms. I was careless several times & those damn walking falcons consistently left Golden items for me to sell (I did not use any coin/magic items to aid in more drops throughout the game).

well, my questions is this then.

1. How many times did you guys die? I also played solo. I hardly never died for I had 40 potions and dodge rate was 57%. And my treasure find skill was 10 at the start since I reset my skills on legend before i continued on.

2. How many time did to quit or stopped playing the game because exiting or reloading a save game will re-spawn all enemies for you to kill all over again.

3. Did you use the bow 24/7 almost all the time? For one the bow will reduce your chance of get hit and causing you to take potions for using potions in the game will cost you be amounts of gold. Running and hacking away with the dagger will cause you to use a potion to live on.

Edited by Blaze Naruto Shippuden

1. How many times did you guys die? I also played solo. I hardly never died for I had 40 potions and dodge rate was 57%. And my treasure find skill was 10 at the start since I reset my skills on legend before i continued on.

I wish Gameloft integrated a hefty stat system like or better than COD: BO. I'll like to see "Most DMG done on a single hit," "Most enemies killed w/out dying," "How many potions used," etc.

I tell you Blaze, I have no clue how many times I died. I'm a careful player & a pack rat. I did not have any dodge rate (I'm impressed that your dodge stat is so high however) & no wearable item that improves gold/magic gear droppings.

2. How many time did to quit or stopped playing the game because exiting or reloading a save game will re-spawn all enemies for you to kill all over again.

I didn't do this often because I knew the result when I first started playing. I don't like to grind & I endured & did my best to make it back to some town hub.

3. Did you use the bow 24/7 almost all the time? For one the bow will reduce your chance of get hit and causing you to take potions for using potions in the game will cost you be amounts of gold. Running and hacking away with the dagger will cause you to use a potion to live on.

I used my bow (usually a Golden bow w/ good DMG, xxx DMG in 3 seconds, & xx HP/MP after every kill) 60/40 until level 30 in Hero & then 40/60 throughout Legend. Most of my gear buffed my armor stat & I settled on offensive skills & I think my potion count is @ 35 maxed. Though I didn't use potions until the bosses came around- I'll just snipe w/ my bow & when my health was low from a horde of enemies, I would wait for my HP bar to normalize before progressing.

Again, the Warrior class has some problems early on. I probably would have started using the Rogue first knowing how much of a killing & evading machine it is.

• 1 year later...