can anyone tell me the best DPS for the huntress is?

spider-prime

I mostly need it for doing Monster Fest on insane.

I saw a guy almost beating it without a problem if the other players didn't suck and he was using a flame thrower type weapon and it was doing over 6000 dmg per hit he took out the 1 million hp orges in a few seconds! If we had a few more players like that this would be easy.

So I'm just wondering what items are the best to make a stronger huntress?

doing some maps challenges on insane are annoying :( I HATE ZIPPY TERROR!

He probably had a event weapon. there were two powerful flamethrower types. if it was green flame it was a SODA's Addiction, if it was a dragon looking tube it was a Krayt. These weapons are extremely rare, and cannot be gotten except for one time events.

Monster Fest can be done all through the use of mostly towers. Check youtube or teh DD forums on their homepage for a build that works.

Since your question was already answered, I'll just give you my recommendation for zippy terror. I did that one with just me and my gf, Blastici with fast reload and extremely high clip size. They still died in one shot so it was pointless to increase the damage for us. Way easier than dealing with the idiots online.

my blastica is only good for dmg :( I only have 75 clip and a 6 for reload time.

I was going to try and find a apprentice weapon that has full spread shot that can at least do 1000 dmg to do it. I even respec my app to have full attack rating.

But yah, it had a green flame. :( So I guess I can't get that unless someone gives it to me.

Also, what weapons should I try for for the other classes and pets for each one.

I've read that I should get a genie for the huntress so I can spam piercing arrows.

Edited by spider-prime

my blastica is only good for dmg :( I only have 75 clip and a 6 for reload time.

I was going to try and find a apprentice weapon that has full spread shot that can at least do 1000 dmg to do it. I even respec my app to have full attack rating.

But yah, it had a green flame. :( So I guess I can't get that unless someone gives it to me.

Also, what weapons should I try for for the other classes and pets for each one.

I've read that I should get a genie for the huntress so I can spam piercing arrows.

I wouldn't use SODA's Addiction even if I have it for real challenge. It's just boring if you do that much damage.

So next DPS in line would be Gossamer.

Edited by leowtyx

The key to zippy is like Zaze said, clip size and relaod speed. You dont need max damage as much as you need un-interrupted firing. Also you want to reload whenever you can, and not just at the bottom of a clip. It reloads much faster if done mid clip. Blasticus will work just fine, just fram a few of them and get a better one or one just for this challenge.

For apprentice, a good weapon is teh Draconis, got on summit. Higher difficulty gets you better ones. It will have full spread and some of teh highest damage for elem fire for him. IMO, the best for him though is the Spinal Column from Alch Lab. It gives you elem posion damage. This matters as your towers for apprentice do fire and lighting elem damage, so posion is teh perfect complement. There is also a staff that does high end lighting, alt energy core. You can try to do non-elem dmg on any of these, but you dont do as much dmaage, so its a trade off. Depends on whether you are DPS or TWR...i like elem my slef as you do more damage, ogres have no elem resistence, and mana bombs and towers can clean up elem resist mobs.

Weapons for others... (from a previous post i did on gamefaqs)

IMO...

Squire:

Mal. Rapier - Elem DMG over 9K is hard to beat. Giant version has AOE like properties.

High Five - Only waepon i have seen with high upgrades and a tower attack boost. i use this for my tower version, maxed in tower attack stat.

Flamewarder - has a high speed of attack and can get almost as much damage as the Rapier.

Moxie - Best Phys damage.

Huntress:

Blasticus - for rate of fire it cant be beat.

Crystal Tracker - does more damage than Blasticus and has AOE spalcsh amage. Lower fire rate and smaller clip hurt it at times.

Soul Focuser - Ability to go through walls makes this a useful tool. Can get high damage amounts if you focus on poison elem as well.

Any Bone Crossbow- get one early and level it up, it will help you through a lot of te game as it has a high fire rate, bug clip, and shoots through enemies. Too bad no high end ones.

Incubater - often overlooked but does explosive damage and has a AOE effect as well. Can get very high phy damage as well. Great for congested crowds.

Knox Bow - mutiple shots and high damage makes this a powerful tool if you can find a top end one.

Kobold Douser - great high damage flame thrower.

Dancing Caviler - has teh highest possible physical attack max of all huntress weapons, so can give you the highest piercing shot.

Apprentice:

Spinal Column - not the highest damage staff for elem, but since its poison it makes it much better. Apprentice towers already use fire and lightning, so a posion staff is just what is needed to complete your apprentice defenses.

Draconis Ignis - high level fire elem dmg makes teh apprentice a force to be dealt with, especially if you max out additional shots.

Alt Energy Core - Like draconis but lighting elem

Tsuda's Fianl Creation - best phys stats

Goblin's Overload Charge - great for tower version as it has very high starting stats for tower speed and range stats.

Spirit Champion's Mageblade - Like Goblin staff but has tower power.

Monk:

Dragon crested glaive - high fire elem damage

Magina's last glaive - i use i for tower version of monk and boost tower health

Ogre's Childhood Toy - also good for tower stats

Finally pets...

Fairy is good for teh Squire is making a DPS version as it will keep you helaed. Genie will help teh huntress have piercing shots at hand at all times, and helps any builder class get more mana in teh first few rounds. Appretice works well with serpent dragon, because of teh posion damage. Dragons are great for their attack amount, spread fire, and spalsh damage. Animus have the highest attack amount and are just brutal when fully upgraded, and will be even more so after teh patch comes and their attack speed is boosted. Guardians are great for builders or playing Pure Straegy mode as they boost tower ability. Often my towers do 2X damage when by them, so for DST or squire weapons, this is invaulable. Imp is great as it heals towers, so it can help when you need more help then hands you have to do teh atsks, or cant watch your back. Chickens are great due to tehir insane power from upgrade totals, although i hate their pushback attack.

Most of teh rest are pretty average. All of teh animals have little quirks, but none are heads over teh rest. try them out for fun and see if you like any. Some just look cool, which is can be enough really. The hamster is okay as it has spread shot and its just funny to watch. The special pets are cool too. Kairi has amazing stats and heals, so very good addition. Dark Bot is decent, and Spanky is as well. Just slighlty better versions than their counetrparts. If you want hero upgardes at all though, nothing beats teh Giraffe on teh Treadmill. Crazy hero stats and upgrades...

I highly recommend staying away from steam bots though. Some may like them, but i hate thesepets. They do a push attack kind of like teh knockback of the apprentice staff. Its a issue because it cna very easily knock enemies up and over your towers and wind up with baddies behind enemy lines going for your crystals.

Hope that all helps. :D

Edited by Metal_Jaws