Build and Guides for Dungeon Defenders ??

Bobo Rex

i was looking everywhere to a guide to dps huntress or a dps mage but i have found nothing so far so i was wondering if any one can help me what should i upgrade to them when they lvl up what best stuff is suited for them etc

Basically, your first job is to level them up. It doesn't matter what you put the points into initially, as long as you can stay alive, and as long as you can continue to kill things, because in the Tavern you can purchase a respec. It's a little costly to look at right now, but later on in the game, it doesn't really take that much.

For any DPS character, you will want Max (70) damage. For the Huntress, you will also want to put between 50-70 points into her second ability (Piercing Arrow).

*Note* Stat effectiveness drops drastically after 50, however, leveling up a stat to 70 still increases the damage it does per second. **

Also, when making a viable DPS character, speed is important. You are not killing things around the map with towers, and will have to move around fairly quickly to kill things, especially in maps like Throne Room, where two ogres spawn on opposite sides of the map at the same time. Very difficult, but possible to do on Solo-insane.

All that being said, weapons are the most important thing when considering DPS characters.

With the Huntress, most DPS characters include either the Crystal Tracker, which causes AoE damage at the point of impact, or the Blasticus, which is the machine gun you see 99% of huntresses after level 60 running around with. It's also fairly easy to obtain one, or many, once you know how to beat Insane Assault (the last part causes most people the problems).

With Apprentices/Mages, the high DPS comes mostly from the spread of multiple bolts. The issue with this is that when trying to single-target DPS (like an Ogre), you need to get close enough that the spread of 4+ bolts hits the one target, making you a target for heavy melee damage. Best bet is to work from behind, if you have someone else or a tower tanking the damage. Most DPS Mages use either Tsuda's Final Creation (obtained by defeating Glitterhelm on Insane with Apprentice) or Alternative Energy Core (obtained by defeating Throne Room on Insane with Apprentice). The former is physical damage, but the latter is lightning damage. Similarly, a lot of Mages in general (not just DPS) use Draconis Ignis (obtained by defeating The Summit on any level with Apprentice - higher difficulties for higher stats/more upgrade levels) for it's high fire damage.

With any weapon, your best bet is to go with one with 25+ upgrade levels. The upgrades get costly, so you want the best one possible. You might have to replay/beat levels a few times to get a good one. Personally, my Blasticus was +9 shots per second with 27 upgrade levels and 60 starer damage. It is now one of the highest DPS blasticus that I've ever seen in any multiplayer game. I've obtained about 10-12 since, and none of them compare; they're always low starter damage, or low upgrades, or low shots per second.

Hope that helps.

Edited by Getus
minor level-stat change