unlimited mana shop abuse.

darkwarlord

i think it's jus in the game mechanics, not really a "glitch", since like you said they are random numbers...jus turns out upping the ele to insane ammounts ups the value.

Well glitch or not, they're lobbying to patch this. The randomness I meant was when u get the item as not all the time u will get a lvl 23 item and above or with a high base poison Dmg.

Has this been patched in the v1.01?

I haven't played yet, so the first post doesn't make much sense to me. Can someone explain the exploit in plain English?

No, patch 1.01 was released something like a day after release and did not fix this exploit.

And for plain english:

Beating Alchemical Laboratory or The Throne Room on Insane will yield boss item drops that depend on your class. If you play as the squire, you are rewarded with Malificar's Rapier or Einhorn's Furnace Poker, respectively. He is saying that if you take these boss drops and upgrade only the elemental stat on it, you will see a large return on your money.

I did some tests as well, items with low base elemental damage or low upgrade levels will not return much on your investment. I tried one Rapier with 145 base damage and 17 upgrade levels and I still made money, but only around fifty thousand mana. Don't upgrade things worse than 140/16.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone noticed that the Elemental DMG per upgrade level has decreased? If I recall it increased by 20% per upgrade level, but now its like less than 10%?

I recently upgraded one weapon, and on the final upgrade it went from 7799 to 8255, which is only about a 500 point increase, that's like 8% only.

My game version is 1.01, and I don't recall downloading any patches, so is this a Server-side patch?

Edited by yewjhin

The increase on elemental damage is kind of an S shaped curve. It increases slowly, then very quickly, then it rounds off at higher levels. You will still be getting a sizable upgrade at high levels, around 500 damage, but don't expect it to climb higher than that increment.

There has still not been a patch yet (apart from the day one patch). Kinda disappointed with the support so far, considering how much the portable platforms have been improved.

Edited by Drakeslayr

I have a question regarding darkwarlord's mention of check the drop from insane alch labs.

He said check the ele, if its over 240~+. What does the 240 mean? Does that mean the weapon has to start off with over 240 element damage? Or is it the combined physical and element damage. Do weapons even start out with that much element damage? Thanks!

Has anyone noticed that the Elemental DMG per upgrade level has decreased? If I recall it increased by 20% per upgrade level, but now its like less than 10%?

I recently upgraded one weapon, and on the final upgrade it went from 7799 to 8255, which is only about a 500 point increase, that's like 8% only.

My game version is 1.01, and I don't recall downloading any patches, so is this a Server-side patch?

That's standard. The scaling is about 15% but maxes out around 455 per upgrade. This works for all squire weapons as they have the best scaling.

The increase on elemental damage is kind of an S shaped curve. It increases slowly, then very quickly, then it rounds off at higher levels. You will still be getting a sizable upgrade at high levels, around 500 damage, but don't expect it to climb higher than that increment.

There has still not been a patch yet (apart from the day one patch). Kinda disappointed with the support so far, considering how much the portable platforms have been improved.

Yup ur right though it's actually 455 dmg. Upgraded enuff rapiers to notice this. Works on all squire weapons also like flame warders, moxies or even godly ones that has high elemental dmg and upg lvls.

I have a question regarding darkwarlord's mention of check the drop from insane alch labs.

He said check the ele, if its over 240~+. What does the 240 mean? Does that mean the weapon has to start off with over 240 element damage? Or is it the combined physical and element damage. Do weapons even start out with that much element damage? Thanks!

Only for element dmg. Yes certain weapons start out this much. It is random generated but high chances. I got at least 220+ 80% of the time.

• 2 weeks later...
Can someone please explain this one.

So I do Alchemical lab on Insane, survival?

And then what, just pick up random weapon drops?

Then upgrade weapon's elemental properties only?

Who's weapon type, does it matter?

It's supposedly only the weapon rewarded for completing the level i think?

I'm not entirely sure, but i know this works on pretty much ANY weapon with a high enough base elemental damage and enough upgrades. Mobile Moxie from No Towers Allowed on Insane is a good candidate for upgrading and selling for profit.

Can someone please explain this one.

So I do Alchemical lab on Insane, survival?

And then what, just pick up random weapon drops?

Then upgrade weapon's elemental properties only?

Who's weapon type, does it matter?

Step by step guide:

1) Play Alchemical Laboratory on Insane as Squire. Regular mode, no survival/strategy/challenge.

2) Kill boss. He will drop Malificar's Rapier. It will be added to your item box, you do not pick it up.

3) If the Rapier has 20+ upgrade levels, and 200+ posion damage you are good.

4) If it does not, sell it. It is not worth the investment. Go find a new Rapier.

5) Upgrade the Rapier to max, only upgrading only the poison damage (could cost up to 3 million)

6) Watch the value of the Rapier skyrocket (my highest is 11 million)

7) ??????????

8) Profit

Edited by Drakeslayr

Technically any weapon that has a high elemental dmg and upgrade levels can be turned into a profit. So long as the elemental dmg is 150+ with upgrade lvls of 27+ (or a combination thereof) and you can make some profit with it already. Of course Malificar's Rapier is the best at this and nicely illustrated above.

I've done it with flamewarders, mobile moxies, hi5s, ogre safety razor and even standard godly weapons with high stats. if u noticed mainly is the squire's weapons that are preferable though some of the other heroes weapon can also be turned into mana makers.

Step by step guide:

1) Play Alchemical Laboratory on Insane as Squire. Regular mode, no survival/strategy/challenge.

2) Kill boss. He will drop Malificar's Rapier. It will be added to your item box, you do not pick it up.

3) If the Rapier has 20+ upgrade levels, and 200+ posion damage you are good.

4) If it does not, sell it. It is not worth the investment. Go find a new Rapier.

5) Upgrade the Rapier to max, only upgrading only the poison damage (could cost up to 3 million)

6) Watch the value of the Rapier skyrocket (my highest is 11 million)

7) ??????????

8) Profit

Thanks very much! I'll have to save up about 3 Million first ;)

Best one I got was 12,389,288. After grinding for the weapons for several days (stockpile) I have to say Einhorn's Furnace Poker is by far a better item to grind than Malificar's Rapier. It takes a little while longer to grind but they are consistently better in my experience. Try for yourself of course.

Upgrading the projectile shot bonus on undead pets is crazy though, you can get it up to a BILLION lol. Wish the mana cap wasn't so low.