Possible bug/glitch, survival wave 20

moonlitserenade

Hey. Just posting to notify/ask if anyone has gotten the survival wave 20 trophy? I've tried this 3 times on medium, with varying numbers of players and maps. Every time, the game freezes on wave 18 on magus quarters and wave 17 on servant's quarters.

Since this takes many hours depending on the map/spawn rate and ridiculous numbers of enemies at the later levels. I was wondering if anyone has successfully gotten this trophy. And if so, what map did you play on and with how many people. And if not, just throwing it out there, as a warning that I've had my ps3 freeze every time.

Brothers, i tried 3 times now, and the game freezes in wave 19.

I play solo in hard mode, in Foundries e Magus maps, became the 1st in leaderbords, but always have to stop because this.

Cant say how frustanting it is!!! After hours trying to get the trophie, the game stop and i loose time, my final score and the loot collected between the waves.

Hope they patch this today, i feel disrespected with this.

Take care;

This could also be problematic as there is a pet you get for completing/reaching wave 30 on at least medium.

There is no achievement for reaching the wave however there is one for collecting one of each type of pet.

Wave 30? No kidding. It's already close to 10,000 monsters on wave 20. How many is there on wave 30? I think different areas have different pets as well. I've done 15 a couple of times and got griffons for Deeper wells, cogs for foundries and serpents for magus quarters.

I haven't got it, but I've seen screenshots of it and the ultimate pet (reward for getting all accomplishments) from pc on the trendynet forums.

Summit will give you a dragon, glitterhelm gives you a hamster, and I think you can get a genie and fairy too, although I can't remember exactly which maps give those.

What is this ultimate pet? I read there is an animus pet for completing summit on insane. Also pets can be bought from tavern so don't have to do all of them (fairies come with the dlc if u have it). I already locked the genie pet in the tavern for purchase once I banked in my 15 mil. The pet only costs around 1 mil.

Here is a great page that talks about pets, and how to unlock some/most of them:

Yorai's Catch'em'All guide - Dungeon Defenders Wiki

Hahaha, just spotted that 30 mins ago. Lucky don't have to get giraffe for the trophy though can anyone verify this? Anyone on the PS3 has this trophy yet?

Seriously going through wave 30 to get a pet for achievement? I wonder how much it be on the market if someone were to sell it.

Also one of the trophies is to do pure strategy across 10 waves on all missions. That itself should be grinding enough.

Sorry been busy with stuff and haven't had a chance to check back recently. I can confirm you don't need the wave 30 pet for the all pets achievement. And that the freezing seems random.

I've left some setups on varying difficulties going on survival while I slept/went to work and whenever I come back it's frozen at different waves. I've gotten to wave 20 by chance and thus have the trophy. Though I've tried it again on the same maps (magus quarters and alchemical lab are the ones i got to 20 on) and it's frozen before 20 sometimes so it's not consistently able to get to wave 20 on those maps per se but they are some of the easier maps to leave the game going afk for. Just some info for anyone still trying to get to 20, good luck. It takes some time. But a tip that helps for the later survival waves is to use slice and dice towers instead of harpoons to kill the massive 1k+ wyvrens that come towards the ends of waves. Assuming the slice and dices are high enough/wyvrens fly low enough on those maps. Once that's set up you can usually just afk your game and I guess pray you hit 20.

Unfortunelly, the problem persist.

Now, I have reach the wave 18, 19 in all maps, playing solo hard / insane.

I am in all top 10 leaderboards, survival mode.

But in all maps, with no exception, the game freezes, closing the game section, taking my final score to the trash, and freezing the ps3 too. I read in Trendy forums the news about a patch, but just for december!!!

Its a disrespect with the players, if the game come out with this glitch, the minimal we expect its speed with the solution.

The only map for those looking for wave 20 with real chance to do it its The Ramparts. I reach wave 21 there, and the game freezes. Im the 1st in this leaderbord, hard survival.

Good luck, brothers!!!

PS - Sorry for my bad english, its not my language.

Edited by aparicioneto

I think it helps if you optimize your builds so that you are basically killing monsters as soon as they come out of the gate (or zone of invulnerability). I haven't had it freeze on me yet, but I also haven't tried many times.

However, I did manage to get to wave 23 on Alch Labs medium. I could have gone further (contemplated going for the giraffe) but couldn't be assed. If you do do this, I suggest doing it co-op so you can maybe take shifts repairing or local so you can pause it.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey He1senberg...any chance you could draw up a map of your build that you used for alchemy lab survival. If this one I am on freezes I want to try a different build.

The dude has some of the best gear in the game so I think what works for him would be specific for him. Last time I saw his Squire it was about 250 tower damage and his Huntress has something like 240 trap damage. Just try doing a few insane runs on the normal mode and work something for yourself.

Still going on Alchemical Laboratory...I am in the build phase of wave 19 waiting for the ticker to finish. So far I have had the game running for 3 days now. I cannot wait to finish this run. (Hopefully Trophy) I have been waiting for the ticker to catch up after each wave since wave 15 ended. My build is quite simple. I will post the results of this run tonight after work.

Alright ticker finished before I had to get ready. Was going fine and boom. HIT WAVE 20. It is possible on Alchemical Laboratory. If you are having issues attempt this map. The leaderboards are promising also. Lots of wave 20+.

Edited by pvtforlife

• 2 weeks later...