XboxAchievements Got a news tip? tips@ps3t.org
Username
Password

Go Back   PlaystationTrophies.org > > > >

Old 11-22-2011, 08:29 PM   #21
Decoy

Quote:
Originally Posted by pvtforlife View Post
Hey He1senberg...any chance you could draw up a map of your build that you used for alchemy lab survival. If this one I am on freezes I want to try a different build.
The dude has some of the best gear in the game so I think what works for him would be specific for him. Last time I saw his Squire it was about 250 tower damage and his Huntress has something like 240 trap damage. Just try doing a few insane runs on the normal mode and work something for yourself.
Decoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 03:02 AM   #22
pvtforlife

I have no issue with them killing my defenses...I am just having an issue with the game freezing. I was able to solo all but 1 of the challenges. So gear is a non-issue. I was able to solo all the maps on insane. So i can get to that point without difficulty...
pvtforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 04:38 PM   #23
pvtforlife

Still going on Alchemical Laboratory...I am in the build phase of wave 19 waiting for the ticker to finish. So far I have had the game running for 3 days now. I cannot wait to finish this run. (Hopefully Trophy) I have been waiting for the ticker to catch up after each wave since wave 15 ended. My build is quite simple. I will post the results of this run tonight after work.

Alright ticker finished before I had to get ready. Was going fine and boom. HIT WAVE 20. It is possible on Alchemical Laboratory. If you are having issues attempt this map. The leaderboards are promising also. Lots of wave 20+.

Last edited by pvtforlife; 11-23-2011 at 06:21 PM.
pvtforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2011, 01:23 AM   #24
he1senberg

Awards Showcase THL Season 6 - Olsen's Secret List
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

Glad to see you got it. For what it's worth it seems to be hit or miss more than anything. I tried to help another user here by building for him but it still ended up freezing. Thought you're right it seems to be one of the more friendly maps.

First to plat Dungeon Defenders... sort of.

he1senberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:52 AM   #25
DarkByke

Got to wave 17... Then disconnected. So pissed!
They should have the host migrate if something like that happens.

< BLANK FRIEND REQUESTS DELETED >
PSN ID: DARKB1KE / STEAM ID: DarkByke

DarkByke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 07:53 PM   #26
Mr E

My first try was in forge, freezed at 5.5k/10k of the 19th wave, I was a little mad but hey, I knew it could happend ...
Second try yesterday, in alchemy, got to 20 on hard.
(As soon as it ended, I sold some tower to make it end so it saved my score and I got 6th place on the leaderboard)

Also, can't say that it helped, but near the end, i took 30/45 minutes breaks between waves. The killing thing on the bottom right seemed to be taking almost a wave behind of the actual killing. I tought that it might help to let it "process" all this information. But it's pure speculation ...

Sorry for the mistakes, english is not my first language.
Mr E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:38 AM   #27
yewjhin

Awards Showcase Almost Golden   Guide Supplement Bronze   Word of Mouth - Gold   2,500 Posts   Platinum Road Map Submitter   Platinum Submission   Platinum Trophy Guide Submitter   Member of the Month Winner   Maximum Clubs Top 5
Total Awards: 9 (more» ...)

I did this on Deeper Wells on Medium. I played non-stop up to Wave 15, took a 30 minutes break between Waves 15 & 16, 16 & 17. Then I took a 2hour nap before starting Wave 17. The ticker was still running when I started Wave 17.

Then again I took 30 minutes break between Wave 17 & 18, 18 & 19. Game finished fine for me.

I suggest playing Offline / Not Connected to the Internet at all for best results.

yewjhin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:58 PM   #28
terryfu

Good to see everyone sharing their experience here.

Myself did it on Magus Quarters. I actually just build strong defenses and let it run. Took an hour break at Wave 16 and on wave 18 left my PS3 on all night as I slept, went to work and come back for lunch break (around 14 hours in total). Started wave 19, and finish it to unlock my final and plat trophies. And its played offline of course.

Like Heisenberg said it may be random despite letting the ticker finish because some of my other buddies did similar stuff but still having the freezing issue. Can't really tell coz i dont think anyone's gonna research this.

Hopefully the upcoming patch will fix this glitch as it is the top 3 comments given to Trendy to fix.
Old 01-22-2012, 03:45 AM   #29
shrek9

Thumbs down PS3 Survival 18+ Freeze

PS3 Survival 18+ Freeze. Deeper Wells.

*1st attempt: Unaware of any issues at this time happily playing away. I noticed the counter, bottom right severly lagging in comparison to the enemy count at the top and the game score which were both keeping up.
Game froze at 9303 of 9385.
*2nd attempt. Waited between every wave until count was complete. In the later waves this took hours.
Game froze at 8302 of 9385.
*3rd attempt. Signed out of PSN and played offline. Again waited between every wave until count was complete.
Game froze at 8735 of 9385.

An approx count comparison: 340/100. For every 340 enemys counted on the top counter, the bottom 'defeated' counter has only ticked over around 100. So with tallys past 5000 it seems the counter can't keep up as suggested in the guide. If this counter is the problem why is it even in the game when the other 2 seem to work perfectly?

Once frozen, PS3 must be turned off at console and restarted, no messages on restart as others have written and it seems all is intact....It's just Survival is UNSurvivable by game fault.

It's a concern that nowhere on the TE site (that I could find) is there any comment from TE regarding awareness or an intention to fix this problem. Obviously many are experiencing this fault and as this freeze problem stops game progress or completion why is there no response from TE?

I'll try the Alc Lab as suggested here and hope it works.

I'm happy to wait for a fix and play other parts of the game until then. But I want to know there is a planned fix. .....

EDIT: Thanks to those who mentioned Survival - Alc Lab. Being the last area in stage 1, expected it would have more enemies... it has less than 9000 (until wave 22) which maybe where the freeze problem kicks in. It took 12 hours to complete waiting after each level. From wave 20 to 21, continued without waiting and no freeze. Stopped at wave 22 w/9993 enemies to come.

Last edited by shrek9; 01-24-2012 at 10:54 AM. Reason: addition
shrek9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:09 PM   #30
Calamaistr

Awards Showcase 1,000 Posts
Total Awards: 1 (more» ...)

try from wave 15 letting the kill-ticker run out after every wave. it wont freeze then and i can know cause i have the trophy (got it on alchemical labs)
@shrek didnt read your post sorry to hear it didnt work for you, perhaps on some lvls the strain is even higher..

Last edited by Calamaistr; 01-22-2012 at 12:10 PM.
Calamaistr is offline   Reply With Quote