Rate the trophy difficulty  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty

• 1 - Very Easy
    • 10 - Very Hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_plat_8.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 7.87

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Puzzler

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raising every character type to lvl 70, completing everything on insane, and a couple others look to be rather time consuming and difficult. I haven't even started on any of the trials yet.

Having a timer on the build phase on Insane is tough.

A note to make things easier for folks playing solo, you can swap out your characters to drop different defenses during the build phase.

I just started playing with a partner and totally agree this is gonna rank as the toughest and most grindest plat ever (if I'm ever gonna make it).

Just played survivor mode on medium and the 1st 17 waves took close to 6 hours of gaming already. Can't imagine it being on insane.

Havng said that, it is pretty fun and the RPG elements make me wanna come back for more dungeon punishment.

• 2 weeks later...

I voted a 10 a while back and now I'm wondering if it should be a little lower. All maps on all difficulties are doable with the right composition of players, gear, and strategy. Having said that, getting the requisite gear can be a challenge in and of itself. I couldn't for the life of me complete insane assault. Ironically, it wasn't until I got a blasticus (from joining a successful farming lobby) that I could do it on my own.

While almost everything can be soloed, this is definitely a platinum you'll want to have a good partner/group to play with. I don't think I could have got mine without Decoy.

All in all, it was a difficult platinum (probably my hardest so far), but definitely doable. In my opinion, it deserves no less than an 8. It is important to note that as time goes on, I think the difficulty will actually approach a true 10. There are certain exploits that us early adopters have the advantage of having to make our trophy hunting a little easier that will soon be patched out. Among these are the upgrading/selling certain items for huge mana profit and the overpowered squire towers (making most other classes' towers unnecessary and by extension making insane much more manageable).

Haven't voted yet, but I've picked it up and have all characters around level 30.

I don't think it will be hard to grind them to 70, especially when I can just join higher players games and get boosted with high exp at the end of levels, and farm for items, then go and kill everything in earlier levels with your new found items.

I have a high level req. Flamewarder that my squire will be using whenever he gets up that high, and I think it might be precisely the item needed for certain situations (eg. killing anything).

But I think group composition is the main issue. I don't find that there is much strength in a random group later on, and in the harder levels. It requires a strong group cohesion and strategy - especially the Insane challenges, which I believe is the point of these forums :)

Will probably vote an 8 or 9.

Did i forget to reply here? :\

Anyways, me and my friend have been hacking away at this game for weeks (we got it on release) and still not even half-way done with the trophies.

Leveling up to 70 is a cinch once you get good items, once your ready (and maybe have a willing friend) just grind Glitterhelm Caverns on Hard (or even Insane if you are able) and you'll level up in no time, even if you can't make it to the end, the XP will be great.

The challanges are a tad difficult, even both level 70 (Squire and Apprentice), we haven't been able to do No Towers Allow on Normal (or maybe we both just suck....like...REAL BAD? ;) ).

The insane stuff is looking to be tough without a full 4 players.

Survival to Wave 20 on Normal seems to be another tough cookie, we haven't attempted it but it sounds like a boring and monotonous affair (we did to wave 15 and by the time we finished, i was ready to quit for life, lol).

Finally, the trophy for acquiring all pets...sounds like the toughest cookie out there.

I guess we'll see, still too early to tell :)

But i'ld rate this a 9/10 right now. The reason i don't give it a 10 is that all trophies sound perfectly doable, just need patience and maybe some friends :)

After platting the game since first started playing in mid October, I'd give the difficulty as 6. Why so?

1. It is not that difficult with the right tactics, equipment, and player groups.

2. It is more of grinding and upgrading rather than challenging. I think I spend 30% of the time just farming for weapons & mana. That said if it was about grinding then I give it an 8. A lot of grinding needed but at least not as bad as FF13 and its grinding for traps (those who don't understand can buzz me).

3. Almost all the trophies can be gotten by just leeching another player (though who wants to do that is another matter). Can just borrow pets, weapons, etc and get those trophies. No need to go through survival waves or randomly hunt them down.

That said, I love this game but will now put it on the backburner and catch up on the other games that just came out. Will be doing up a trophy guide as well to help newcomers and if anyone wants sagely advice, can always hit me up on PSN (ID : YChoon). Won't spend too much time, but will teach people how to fish :)

What you get when you plat this game :) A chicken and a mega trophy.

http://img802.imageshack.us/img802/3804/legendarydefendertrophy.jpg

I gave this a 10. While it is certainly doable, I think there is an unhelathy overdependence on multiplayer that is almost needed to achieve this. Yes you can uber power a character up and eventualy may be able to beat every map solo...after over 120+ hours you may be bale to do this and 2 sets of all 4 char specialzed every which way from sunday with full max gear. If not you are dependant on finding others to play with who know what they are doing and have their own skills. This is no too hard to find right now as there are many still loving the game, but as the glamour fades, less and less are online, and chanes of just tagging along and getting a very hard stage like Monster Fest will be very slim. While some of you may not need 4 great players to beat maps, not everyone is ultra skilled- and for an average gamer this will be a very big challenge. Albeit the funnest one i have played in a very long time. It does seem much easier once you beat it and have those top tier char, so im tempted to give it about an 8 as well, but i remember how it felt for the first 100 hours...so im staying with my 10.

It is the funnest and most addictive game i have played in along time. thank you Trendy, and the console events are awesome, keep it up. I look foward to DLC and new chars anytime soon. Barbarian dual wielding weapons, heck yeah!

Edited by Metal_Jaws

• 3 weeks later...

Voted an 8. A lot of the trophies are time consuming, not difficult. 15 Mil mana? Four Level 70s? Survival Medium 20 (glitchy)? TIME CONSUMING.

However, Death from Above Insane, Wizardry Insane, and Monster Fest Insane, are nuts.

The correct player group is much needed. In most cases, what is needed is Tower Squire, Aura Monk, Overcharge(tower heal)/DPS Mage, DPS Huntress. With everyone having a Huntress DPS switch for boss times.

Keep chugging away at the time consumers, and play the medium challenges to get a feel for the way the levels play.

I gave it a 4. It's time consuming, yes, but that doesn't affect difficulty (keyword) in getting it done.

It's best to play with 4 players that know what they're doing. As long as the mission is completed, you'll get the trophy. Also, you can hop into someone else's game before they complete the level, and you'll still get an achievement. I've gotten several challenge ones done this way, even though I haven't done them myself.

Once you get to 70, and find good weapons, the game is easy.

Also, if someone gives you money you'll get the trophy. There's ways to make 10 million selling one weapon!

Edited by DarkByke

I gave it a 4. It's time consuming, yes, but that doesn't affect difficulty (keyword) in getting it done.

It's best to play with 4 players that know what they're doing. As long as the mission is completed, you'll get the trophy. Also, you can hop into someone else's game before they complete the level, and you'll still get an achievement. I've gotten several challenge ones done this way, even though I haven't done them myself.

Once you get to 70, and find good weapons, the game is easy.

Also, if someone gives you money you'll get the trophy. There's ways to make 10 million selling one weapon!

^This

The game is really not hard at all. You just need to actually play it and level up, if you go straight into insane mode for trophies you probably aren't the brightest bulb. If you play it like it is meant to be it is really easy and most importantly fun.

(saving the tutorial trophy for a secret reason so don't give me that 'you don't even have plat' crap. heheh)

You don't even need the tower builds to succeed. I did the majority of the game modes on insane with a half & half knight

I think some people will find it easy, some may find it hard. I generally think its easy because it is not like a action based game where button timings are key (eg Batman AA, platformers, etc.). With right strategy and strong stats, it all becomes very easy. There are also so many ways and strategys to complete / plat this game.

The only part where people may find it difficult is the Assault Insane challenge where it needs some jumping precision. And even that challenge you can just join a game and hope the other players make it to get it done.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The game is addicting. I've been playing this game 16h a day for like a week. This is definitely one of the best games in 2011 for me. Most of the trophies require good gears and a bit of tactics but nothing extremely hard. I'll vote later after I get my platinum.

Edit: Finally got my plat. It took me almost 2 weeks, but the game was very enjoyable. 5/10 from me, nothing but replaying missions over and over again.

Edited by CompSci88

• 3 weeks later...

Gave it an 8. Most of the game is more time consuming than hard, but a couple of the Insane challenges, such as Wizardry really spike the difficulty. I ended up doing almost everything solo except Zippy Terror and Wizardry as it was almost impossible to find an online game with people that knew what they were doing; almost every game I played online had at least one person looking for a free ride; usually two or three.

I give it 10. Some challenges are so hard especially for me since I first leveled up the mage. I saw some people used Huntress and they were on the spree of killing ogres & other villains. I'm trying to level up the Huntress even its time consuming. People online sometimes rude because even I play nice & do some action (not just only a free ride, they tend to kick me out..) Ii don't know but others were nice and let me join. I did most of the challenges but still hard since the mage is not that good in killing. When I level up the huntress might as well do it..

dont understand why 1/3 of the votes are a 10 imo a 10 rating means that the platinum is unachievable unless you are a pro, ive never voted ne thing above an 8 and ive plat'd games like dead space 2. I give this game a 6 there are some troublesome spots but if you got a team of at least 3 and take the time to get the correct gear there are only a few challenges that should be difficult the rest is a breeze just time consuming but that DOESNT well shouldnt cuz i know ppl weigh time but you arent supposed to