• 11-15 Hours
    • 16-20 Hours
    • 21-25 Hours
    • 26-35 Hours
    • 36-50 Hours
    • 51-75 Hours
    • 76-100 Hours
    • 100+ Hours

Estimated Time to Plat/100% Length: ????

• Visit the Platinum Club for this game.
  • Visit the Collected Estimated Time Ratings thread.

Voting Guidelines

1. Voted time should be based on your own personal time spent working towards the Plat or 100%.
  2. Do not vote based on "fastest possible run", but rather your own experience in playing the game.
  3. Voted time should be in-game time spent, from first starting game to achieving the Plat or 100%.
  4. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  5. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  6. Vote with honesty and integrity.

The global release took me 30-35hrs to finish because of Balls of Steel, the Air Hockey trophy and some nasty difficulty spikes on Insane but the JP version only took me about 20hrs because that one felt more balanced for some reason (though Balls of Steel and the Air Hockey trophies are still a pain in the ass). To finish the DLC for the global version will take about 15-20hrs, depending on how well you deal with the difficulty spikes on Insane.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I voted 16-20 hours, although it took me years to finish you can breeze through the campaign on easy and the majority of the trophies in just over 7 hours depending on skill, then playing through on hard with all the ego boosts shouldn't take longer than 10 hours if you have a clear idea of what's coming at you, some bosses can be cheap but I never struggled more than a few times on certain bosses.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Took me around 30 hours.

The first playthrough is by far the most time consuming, mopping up the missing Ego Caps and finishing the game a second time on Insane difficulty is much quicker.

As far as individual sections go, I got stuck on the Pinball machine and the pool table for the longest time. Not one boss fight took me as long as those two :o

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Difficulty 6/10 (3/10 with cheats)

Estimated time 20-25h

2 Playthroughs. One on normal with all collectibles and misc. trophies. Then one on Insane, where you can use cheats using the method where you quit after each checkpoint - if you want...

I personally used the cheat method only for the 2nd MG-Part and Octaking.

Read here if you want to know more:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/forum/duke-nukem-forever/343090-how-use-cheats-insane-short-explanation.html