Levels that can be done with invulnerability/instagib

Hogger

so i got inspired by this 2 threads:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/duke-nukem-forever/116834-defeating-octaking-insane-invulnerability-trick.html

http://www.ps3trophies.org/forum/duke-nukem-forever/115698-crash-course-insane-invulnerability-trick.html

and i experimented a bit and i found 2 levels that have a different approach but still have the clear on insane level. for some odd ways levels like duke cave or levels that has 2 parts dont work yet (i still searching if their easier ways). updates will follow when i find them

note: everything is done with chapter select

u have to beat the game on normal or higher to use this cheats.

so here we go:

levels with invulnerability and instagib

dukes live:

play until u pick up the devastator. go to main menu. enable invulnerability and instagib. go back to campaign. continue campaign. 1 shot the boss. wait until it saves. go back to main menu en do continue campaign again the cheat will now be disabled. but now comes the part i discovered today but it dont work in al levels. go to the elevator. u will see a loading screen and above the name of the level "damn its late". start the second level. it now automic save. go out the elevator and wait until it saves again. now go back to main menu. u should have now a mark on insane if u look in chapter select

mothership battle:

start the level and wait until the ship flew in the big ship and it saves. quit to main menu and enable instagib and invulnerability and then do continue campaign. instagib dont 1 shot the boss this time but u still 1 shot the ships and aliens. when the boss is down and it says 4 hours later. and the game saves quit to main menu and do continue campaign. play until the lady killer part 1 where u shrunk and when the kid talk against you and it saves quit to main menu. u should have now level completion

queen bitch: (update)

second update:

apperently i didnt write it right. sorry for that. let me know if it work now with this description below this sentence.

start the level. if u reach the queen bitch quit to main menu. enable invulnerability and instagib. then continue campaign. 1 shot her after u threw a pipe bomb. no their comes a tricky part. u will see a cutscene but when u see the cutscene QUICKLY press start. if u done it right it should save when u pause it. then quit campaign and continue campaign. u will be again before the boss but dont worry if u do quit game u will have the level completion

final battle:

wait until u have to fight the endboss and it saves. quit to main menu enable invulnerability and instagib. shoot the pig with ur gun and pick up the rpg. now 1 shot the endboss 3 times while doing the events. after his 3th time hes dead and the game save. go to main menu and do continue campaign. finish the level and skip the credits. when ur back at chapter select it u will see a clear sign on final battle on insane.

levels with invulnerability

i cant pull it off but some people confirmed it worked:

edit: i can now pull it of but u have to follow everything step by step.

oktaking: credit too SALB3R_DEMONLORD

can be done with instagib to. credit to Sphinx

Ok its the same as MG-Part because luckly we have a mid-save before suicide phase of the octaking"

1. When you reach the begining of the Boss fight and the game saved exit to main menu

2. Enable Invincibility Cheat from Main Menu NOT Pause menu, you have to quit the game

3. Reload the save by selecting "Continue the Campaign"

4. Defeat him on the first phase in anyway you wish

5. When he entered the suicide phase and the game saved, exit to main menu

6. Now the game automatically turned the cheat off ( no need to turning it off ) reload the checkpoint

7. You should be on second phase, kill him for good ( cheats have been turned off no need to check)

8. Finish the level

I got Level Completion on Insane ( all 4 Icons are now turned on) but still 3 more levels to complete on insane to get my plat so stay tuned :) Confirmed

crash course: credit to gods_weapon

Do the following:

- play normal to the MG-part of the level

- go back into the main menu

- activate Invincibility cheat

- reload your last checkpoint

- beat the MG-part while your invulnerable

- as soon as u leave the MG, play until the next checkpoint comes

- go back into the main menu

- reload your last checkpoint

- now your vulnerable again and u can continue playing the game

Edited by Hogger

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i can now confirm the above things work for plat. i just got it. by doing al the above levels.

part 2:

levels that are confirmed by enough people

dam top:

credit to trombone482 and ingoblaze (for the additional information)

just found out you can use this with the battle lord boss on Dam Top. As soon as you get the boss to appear, quit and the return to the main menu. Enable invincibility and continue. Kill him and then rope down to the bottom. WHen you get the saving on the bottom, pause and quit. You should now have your insane completed. Hope this helps ;)

additional information: read before u try dam top

Apologies for double posting but I just wanted it to show this is a new post, since the last post was a few days ago.

Anyway just wanted to say that I got the invincibility cheat to work on Dam Top. What I did was when I repelled down to the bottom after killing the Battle Lord I opened the door the stairway, went inside and waited for a minute. Then I walked down the stairs and as the screen faded I noticed the save icon appear in the bottom right of the screen. I simply paused the game, waited fo it to autosave then quit the game.

And I've just got the Platinum now too! :D

note: its tricky to do so maybe doing it legit will be easier. i found dam top pretty long so if u fail to do it u will need to do everything again before the bossfight. u can always try many people says dam boss is the hardest. (i personnaly found oktaking hardest but everyone has their own opinions)

levels that not confirmed yet or not enough people confirmed it yet.

none at the moment but it will be updated if people find some others

Edited by Hogger

apparently u can use it now on 80 procent off the game iff u read yewjhin qoute carefully. credit goes to him for explaining on a very good manner and for bashee for finding the logica behind the "cheat or glitch"

big note: trying to use this technique is at your own risk!!!

i still will appreciate it if u say what parts u enabled and disabled the cheats. but dont complain if the below method isnt working for levels that are not above this post

I've confirmed the above to be true, on Ghost Town. I've also confirmed Instagib works as well.

Therefore, by extension:

1. Play to a checkpoint

2. Quit to Main Menu

3. Turn on Invincibility.

4. Choose "continue campaign". You will be invincible.

5. Play to next checkpoint

6. Quit, then choose "continue campaign". Your health returns to normal.

7. If you still need Invincibility (and you're not loading the next part/level), quit and turn on Invincibility/Instagib

8. Choose "continue campaign". You will be invincible.

9. Make sure to quit at the next checkpoint again

Now you can cheat your way through 80% of the game.

2 confirms

Just beat lady killer by using the checkpoint method. As long as you don't go into the second part or third of a chapter with invincibility mode on you will get the Insane completion of the level. Also at the end of every chapter make sure you pause the game as it saves and exit the level once its done saving. Go back to main menu and chapter select and you will see that the mission you were just playing is complete on insane mode.

I can also confirm this. I tried this earlier today and it worked great, but it will not work on the last checkpoint on the Duke Dome.

if more people find the above method work let me know

update friday 6 januari. (its possible more updates will follow in the next weeks)

credit for live-wire to fine tune yehwins method and messaging me in psn about his update. if i need to add more things let me know.

I used the above quote as a template for the below instructions

levels I used cheats on

Crash course.

Ghost town.

Highway battle.

Dam top.

The shrunk machine.

The forkstop.

Underground.

The clarifier.

Blowin' the dam.

Final battle.

I did the rest without cheats because I had not found this thread yet. so i can't say if it works for the rest.

two part levels

1. Play to a checkpoint

2. Quit to Main Menu

3. Turn on cheat/cheats.

4. Choose "continue campaign". cheats will be active.

5. Play to next checkpoint

6. Quit, then choose "continue campaign". Your health returns to normal.

7. quit and turn on cheat/cheats.

8. Choose "continue campaign". cheats will be active.

9. Make sure to quit at the next checkpoint again and then choose "continue campaign".

10. quit and turn on cheat/cheats.

11. at the end of the first part when you see the save icon pause and deactivate cheats from the pause menu and then let the game continue to load the next part, you should notice that it saves again.

12. start part two now having no cheats active and then if it saves again wait and then quit

13. Turn on cheat/cheats

14. Choose "continue campaign". cheats will be active.

15. Play to next checkpoint

16. Quit, then choose "continue campaign". Your health returns to normal.

17. Quit and turn on cheat/cheats.

18. Play to next checkpoint if it is the last check point pause and quit while it is saving and check if the level shows as complete

also I noticed that when the second part starts the game saves I waited until it was finished before I quit. the last level I done was Blowin' the dam i had only done part 1 when the trophy's popped, but I had completed both parts of the level with the cheats beforehand.

I believe the two part levels require you to quit during the time when it saves at the end of the second part of the level if you continue you will start back at the previous checkpoint but if it worked the level will show as complete.

I now have the platinum. The above method might need to be fine-tuned a bit more but it worked for me.

Thanks for the help.

At the end of the first part when the screen starts to go black you should see it saving, pause and deactivate cheats from the pause menu then let the game continue to load part two the game should save again you should see it saving down on the bottom right of the screen quit active the cheats and continue the game. at the end of the chapter you should see it saving pause here and quit this sometimes will cause you to get the level completed.

deactivating the cheats from the pause menu It seems only work for the switching from one part of a level to another at checkpoints you should quit continue quit turn on cheats continue to next checkpoint and repeat.

but keep trying and try to find out what works for you.

good luck I hope this helps.

thanks for confirming akari:

Oh, so the key is being able to catch it BEFORE it goes black? Tricky! I'll try that out.

Edit: Ok, I can confirm it works on all levels before the ones LIVE_WIRE mentioned - I used it successfully on Lady Killer, Vegas in Ruins, Duke Burger, etc. Most likely it works in every level, but I ended up not using it on Mighty Foot, The Hive, or Highway Battle.

For Queen Bitch, if you pause just before the cutscene starts, you can just quit and go to the next level. No need to choose Continue Campaign - if you go look at Chapter Select, you'll see that you have completion status. The question is, do you need to quit, or can you just disable the cheats from the pause menu to get credit?

Edit 2: Ok! You need only go to the pause menu and turn off cheats, even if moving to the next level. I was at the end of Shrunk Machine with cheats on, and was spamming pause because I didn't know when the level ended, caught it as it was fading to black to go to the next level, turned off cheats, and let it load Forkstop. When it loaded, I quit to menu to test, and Shrunk Machine showed as completed on insane. Wow, this is awesome!

more information from DCGMoo:

I can confirm that LIVE_WIRE's pause method works, and is a key to getting this trick to work.

When hitting an in-level checkpoint (where "Saving" pops up on the screen but you're still in gameplay)... you MUST "Quit", then "Continue Campaign" to resume with the cheats turned off.

But when you're switching between levels... you CAN pause as the screen is going black, let the game save while in the pause screen, then turn off the cheats yourself THROUGH THE PAUSE SCREEN. Do not "Quit" before going to the next level, just turn off the cheats in the pause screen.

ALWAYS "Quit" to the main menu to turn cheats on. Even if you just turned them off, go to "Continue Campaign", let the game load, then "Quit" and turn the cheats back on before another "Continue Campaign". Time-consuming, yes, but necessary if you want to use this trick on the parts you're having trouble with.

I was having a few problems on some of the two part levels... Shrunk Machine I had the cheats turned on when it went from Part 1 to Part 2, and Duke Dome I had the cheats turned on when the level ended, and neither gave me credit for the Insane playthrough.

But I just tested the "pause" method on The Forkstop, turning cheats off through the pause screen both at the change from Forkstop 1 to Forkstop 2 and at the end of the level when it changes to Generator Room, and I received credit for the Insane playthrough. I later tested it at the end of Underground (as it changed to The Clarifier) and again at the end of The Clarifier (as it changed to Blowin' The Dam). All three times I had cheats activated when the level ended, then just before it changed levels as the screen faded to black I paused, let the game save, then turned off the cheats through the pause menu and kept playing WITHOUT quitting the game.

I will go back and test the two levels I had problems with, and will post here if I have any issues getting it to work. But a huge thanks to LIVE_WIRE, it appears the "pause" method is the way to get through the end of the part/level problems.

Fun game... but I'm not a big first-person shooter guy so there's no way I'd get through the entire game on Insane without this trick. Big props to the original post creators, and everyone who's contributed to the post.

Edited by Hogger

a quick question, i just finnished normal mode and got all trophies so all thats left is insane mode so what do you recommend, i finnish the campaign on insane and do the glitch when i reach the bosses or do the glitch via chapter select then finnish all levels on insane ?

i dont know really an answer on your question. but i also have only insane left. i did everything with chapter select so far. (everything from first post i did with chapter select). so i really suggest u do the levels with chapter select because i not sure if it works by just playing.

ps: its a work in progress so stay tuned for the next days. (i not so fast gamer but whenever i find something i update my thread

edit: i really thought i was gonna find more exploits but after seeing 10 times the same cutscene in a certain level and still no completion after 10 different approaches i out of inspiration. i will still update my thread of other people find stuff

Edited by Hogger

final boss, octataking worked so far.... any tips for the dam top boss ? its the hardest boss in my opinion so anyway to glitch ?

EDIT: queen bitch worked

i still working on a way for damn top. its a 2 part thing yes? at the moment i dont have a solution yet for 2 part levels.

edit just played it and it not work because their is no savepoint before the loading screen

Edited by Hogger

damn that sucks :(

ghostown didnt work also and before i take the fuel i disabled cheats and did the rest legit. their where at least 2 savepoints after i did it legit but i didnt get level completion. strange their must be a sort of logica behind this. duke burger didnt work also. so far only that levels work and none 2 part yet (or 3 part). i guessing u need to find the right time to enable cheats. like i couldnt do oktaking because i enabled in the beginning of the level the cheat instead like the thread said (beginning of bossfight). duke lives and mothership battle u had to play until the next level first checkpoint. very weird.

ps: anyway at least their ar a few hard levels out of the way. i knew i couldnt plat this because oktaking. now i have a little bit more hope.

Edited by Hogger

ghostown didnt work also and before i take the fuel i disabled cheats and did the rest legit. their where at least 2 savepoints after i did it legit but i didnt get level completion. strange their must be a sort of logica behind this. duke burger didnt work also. so far only that levels work and none 2 part yet (or 3 part). i guessing u need to find the right time to enable cheats. like i couldnt do oktaking because i enabled in the beginning of the level the cheat instead like the thread said (beginning of bossfight). duke lives and mothership battle u had to play until the next level first checkpoint. very weird.

ps: anyway at least their ar a few hard levels out of the way. i knew i couldnt plat this because oktaking. now i have a little bit more hope.

can you post which levels you can cheat in

how do you know if it didnt work.... if you beat the level with the cheat enabled will the icon show up saying you beat it>? if it does then how do u kno until you beat all the levels whether it worked or not?

how do you know if it didnt work.... if you beat the level with the cheat enabled will the icon show up saying you beat it>? if it does then how do u kno until you beat all the levels whether it worked or not?

i tried al 2 part or 3 part levels. none worked. i did first time disabled cheats on last checkpoint part 2 or 3 so it would have level completion. then i played second time until next checkpoint next level (while disabling cheat on last checkpoint part 2 or 3) and then 3th time i disabled al cheats in al 3 parts in last checkpoint. by doing al of this i didnt had a single level completion on al the 2 part or 3 part. ghost town was a 1 part and duke cave too but for some odd reason i didnt got level completion while trying out things. (disable cheat on last checkpoint, disable cheat on second last checkpoint playing until next checkpoint next level none worked)

to answer on your question if u beat a level with cheat u will never have level completion. u need to disable the cheats on a certain point on the game. (see first post) but a level u finish with cheat enabled will never count. i can see if it worked if i do chapter select. (but u have to do chapter select on the right time if u dont play until first checkpoint "damn its late" u will never have level completion for duke lives)

nah i understand how to do the things youve posted.. but in chapter select where it shows the 4 boxes showing which difficulty you completed the level on, if i play a level with the cheats activated the entire time will it color that box in? if it doesnt then i know how to tell if the glitch works because the boxes become colored in.

nah i understand how to do the things youve posted.. but in chapter select where it shows the 4 boxes showing which difficulty you completed the level on, if i play a level with the cheats activated the entire time will it color that box in? if it doesnt then i know how to tell if the glitch works because the boxes become colored in.

u can try it. i cant because my boxes already colored. but indeed i didnt try to play them while the cheat was whole level active. but i 100 procent sure u will never have level completion if u do al levels with cheats active whole level. if someone else would say otherwise i add it to the guide. but i highly doubt it it will work

ps: sorry if i not understand your question english not main language.

Edited by Hogger

Just a question about the Oktaking: Does this work for both fights against the Octaking, the first fight only or the second fight only?

(the first being fighting him outside the dam during "the forkstop" chapter, the second being inside on that weird crane thing inside the dam).

Thanks for any answers :D

Edited by GhettoAgent