Gunslinger trophy

fuzziezra

The trophy's description is carry the gun. In the guide it makes it seem like you have to have it actully out in your hand equipped but is not real clear about it. Which one is it actully in your hand or just on you as one of your two weapons.

http://www.yourgamercards.net/trophy/a/FuzziEzra.png

no you must have it with you throughout the whole campaign. Yeah, I read the description in the guide but it's not worded properly. I'm have my guide up soon anyway so here's my trophy description of Gunslinger:

http://www.ps3trophies.org/images/trophies/730/ock.jpgGunslinger (S)

Carry the gold pistol through the whole SP campaign

This is the pistol that you receive at the near end of “The Duke Cave”. You must carry the gold pistol throughout the remainder of the whole Single Player Campaign. This is an extremely easy task if you chosen to play on Easy Difficulty. I would advise you to be careful not to exchange your pistol for another gun or you might ruin your trophy unlocking. If you do happen to exchange it for another weapon by mistake you can pick it up and still finish the chapter with the gun in your inventory; however, during the game’s checkpoints if you so happened to exchange your gold pistol for another gun by mistake. The checkpoint might cause the pistol to disappear and if you reload your last checkpoint you’ll find that you no longer have the pistol as a secondary weapon meaning you lost the chance for the trophy. This can be earned with the use of chapter select.

(The above trophy description can't be used for another guide without my permission!!!)

I hope this helps you.

Edited by Blaze Naruto Shippuden

Just have it as one of your two guns. You don't have to shoot it once if you don't want to. Some say you can drop it and pick it up, and the trophy will count as long as you finish the level with the gun. But it's better to be sure and never drop it.

i dropped it like 5 times and still got it...i was pretty nervous tho lol

I can't be the only one who didn't get a Golden Pistol...? Is it somewhere you gotta pick it up, or is it given to you?

it's story related and is given to you at the end of "The Duke Cave" I don't think you can walk past it for it comes down from the ceiling after you restored the power right in front of you before moving on towards the next chapter.

it's story related and is given to you at the end of "The Duke Cave" I don't think you can walk past it for it comes down from the ceiling after you restored the power right in front of you before moving on towards the next chapter.

Apparently you can miss it. Cause I did.

after you put the three powercells inthe duke cave the next room drops a gun rack with the gold gun

Well I'm about there on my Insane playthrough, I'll look there. Thanks.

EDIT: You'd think they'd give it a different name than the normal versions. Dumb, lets hope I can make it through Insane! :p

Edited by Slamma

I was sure I had it with me the entire game except for the obvious parts at the end and there was on point where I accidentally changed it out and it loaded me in without it. I reloaded the checkpoint and it gave it back to me and finished it from there.. but the trophy didn't pop... I'm going through my insane playthrough and hoping it pops this time..

Btw.. for those having issues with the turret parts in insane.. the pumping the zoom to abuse the aim-assist is a HUGE help. About the 5th time dying from the mothership battle, I looked help some help here and sure enough.. first time after trying it.. won the battle easily.

I just went back in did chapter select to replay this part.

I tried jumping, crouching, shooting past this... and I couldn't get past it without grabbing the pistol.

Plus the door behind it is orange/red, until you pick up the pistol, then it turns blue and lets you past.

I can confirm this as well. Unless your game has glitched, it is 100% impossible to move past the mechanism until you grab the pistol.

• 2 weeks later...

Since the game requires it to be with you the whole campaign, can you choose chapter select from "The Duke Cave" and then just keep it with you for the rest of the game, or has it to be a new fresh campaign?

Here's a good question. If I was to goof up on a chapter and restart the next chapter (chapter select) with the golden pistol until the end, could I just replay the chapter I messed up on and get the trophy?

I really only have one chapter to redo if the answer is "Yes."

• 1 month later...

Sorry for bringing this up again, but I didn't get the trophy. I'm not sure what happened, I THINK I dropped the gun by accident and once I realized (a few seconds later), instead of going back to get it, I got a pistol that was lying around.

Was this the error? I'm supposing Duke's pistol is different from the pistol's all the pigs drop, right?