Octaking insane difficulty

silvervaizen

Been working my way through insane difficulty at what i consider a pretty decent rate, but i've completely come to a stop against the Octaking boss encounter.. I've tried god knows how many times and i just cant make any progress. The tactics people use in vids / walkthrough just dont hold up in insane against this boss.. Anybody got any hints or secrets they used to make this giant pain in the butt more manageable?

I haven't done insane yet but on normal I went in the small cabin and kept shooting down octo's while running back and forth for ammo, and if close to death jump a bit towards the 'desk' so enemies think u stand on that and they shoot at cabin instead of in, and when octo's are all dead hurt boss, n when they reappear keep reapting that, until boss nears half of hp then make sure all octo's are gone then shoot boss again, this is what I did on normal so dunno if will work on insane, but after that phase should be the easier part without having to fight octo's with cover gone and just avoid boss dmg and shoot him, hope this helps

• 1 year later...
I just beat this, best tip i can give is carry the shrink ray over from Fork Stop, its rather valuable against the Octobrains

I carried the Shrink Ray, but switched it for the devastator when the assault captains attacked (right before the second octaking fight). Unfortunatly, there was a checkpoint, so now I lost and have to backtrack to the secret room in the fork stop:mad:

beat him/her in 4th tray with freez ray with 3d glass on and devastotor those frozen balls can distray this energy thing the small one shoot at u so try survive as long u can then when dont feel safe holoduke and get wild on boss when he start destroy box on the side kill small tancactle octobrains and rest should be easy just shift sides