Is the online pass worth it?

chrisheadshot

I've just got the game but won't be able to use the online pass as my brother got to it before me:rolleyes:. Reading a couple of threads on here and the descriptions of some of the multiplayer trophies, it sounds as if it's not very enjoyable and will take some time. My question is, is it worth it to buy the online pass or should I just leave the game at its single player trophies? (I was planning on boosting the online trophies)

I believe they made the online pass free to everyone due to a printing error, so worth it. :)

As for the trophies themselves, some will require boosting imo. I've found that one of the modes is dead. Also found that the stat tracking is dire most of the time so if you're aiming for a particular trophy (not the online rank ones), you're best off trying to do it without turning off the PS3.

Hope I helped! :)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
I was looking in to get this game and wanted to know if it had an online pass, but I'm at a lost. What does it mean it was made free for everyone? I do not see an online pass on the store (US Store). Did they take it off and patched the game or what? Thanks in advance.

Since the latest patch, you don't need an online pass to connect to the multiplayer in this game. The fact that they still have the online pass for sale in the PS Store is an accounting error at best, and is not required to get your platinum.

Once again, just so we are clear. NO ONLINE PASS IS REQUIRED TO ACCESS THE MP IN DRIVER: SAN FRANCISCO

That is all. Carry on.

• 10 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 5 years later...

Googled a bit and found an article on Eurogamer saying:

"There are two ways to access these online features:

"1. Select Start My 2-Day Free Trial, which will not expire."

SO if anyone like me get in this situation of being unable to purchase online pass, just start 2-day free trial which apparently will not expire and you're good to go. Yaay.

• 6 months later...