This is starting to annoy me

Am I the only one who thinks the game cheats a bit? I know that is a cliche, but hear me out:

First, while driving a challenge where everyone is using the same car, they accelerate faster than me, and when I use my boost, they seem to still be going the same speed. Once they get out in front, I cannot catch them, no matter what I do.

Second, I am constantly getting bumped by the other cars but, if I bump or sideswipe them, I go off the road.

Third, the cars constantly smash me into other cars, but if I try to do it to them, they seem stronger and can move me instead.

Fourth, while in the same car as all other races, I slide into a wall every time I take a corner (no matter if I use e-brake or regular brake, I still drift slide), but they take perfect corners every time.

Finally, in one try of this particular challenge, I managed to cause the leader to crash into the front of a bus. Within seconds, he was right there passing me. If I hit a car, it brings me to a dead stop, but they can keep going?

This has been happening since day one, but it is getting worse as the game progresses. Now, the opponents seem to be a bunch of deranged lunatics who love smashing me off the road or into other cars, while the identical car they are driving is now a tank.

Sad part is, I am not even that far into the game. I only just completed the third (I think it's the third) story mission, where you follow the woman and identify her.

Edited by DarqueDragon

Clearly you've never played a Driver game before this! :p

All the chases in the original game were like that -- whereby it's difficult to ram the target vehicle without bouncing off them and they might get random bursts of speed here and there. It's just part of what Driver is and always has been but I think it's balanced out quite a lot when you can easily catch up to the AI drivers (which is like almost all of the time).

As far as I remember, I have never played a driver game before. For me, it doesn't seem that balanced. I have a hard time catching up to the other cars, whether I drive carefully or slide around corners.

It is rather frustrating when I have a commanding lead for most of the lap, then at the last second they somehow pass me and finish before me, coming out of nowhere. It has happened more times than I can count.

Plus, the classic car challenge race is very annoying. I can only beat the other cars if I drive carefully (breaking for corners instead of drifting), but I can never beat the time required. I always miss it by less than a second, no matter what happens during the race.

• 3 weeks later...

I definitely didn't have many issues like this in the game (maybe everyone once in awhile in the harder races). I would normally be able to at least catch with no problem.

But what DOES bother me about this game IS the races lol. This game (especially the online) seems quite oriented on unrealistic driving fun like Tag or Jumping the Car, the Shift itself, etc etc. I don't know why but everything in this game is fun except for when Ubisoft starts treading on the actual Racing aspect because the game just doesn't feel like it WANTS to do races, just random fun stuff. Which is great, honestly, I love ridiculous car games like this or Burnout Paradise, but at least Burnout could Race properly. The cars don't turn the best half the time, the drifting with the E-Brake or the Brakes make your car sliiiiiiide or just spin out most the time, I found sooo hard to master the drifting physics in this game and even then I still don't get it really. Im sorry... But I have drifted actual vehicles with E-Brakes and such in real life in my "impress the ladies days in high school" (lmao) and I actually was determined to get good at it (despite flipping my first car :( RIP) and there is one thing I can say... Yes you can easily spin out your car but it isn't like fucking butter and the car DOES NOT sliiiiiide across the highway, not what-so-ever, you can make it do that sure, but it doesn't do that on default settings LOL...

Sorry just a bit of a rant adding to yours. The racing in this game is frustrating but the rest of the game is great imo.

• 10 months later...
I think the game is very easy but the trophies i think the hardest is carry the team and pass the torch

If you look at the most recent time posted, you will see that all of the threads in this forum you have posted in are nearly a year dead. Please only post in threads with a most recent posting time of 4 months ago or earlier - otherwise if you have a question on the subject of the thread, you are more than welcome to make your own thread.

If you're just looking for somewhere to post, there are plenty of other game forums with active threads. Cheers!

:locked: