Good fun - what's yr impression?

netlagged

You haven't played a kart racing game before, you're a Sonic fan (like me, high five!) and you think this game is a great game to kick off your adventures?

Have you played Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing? I suggest you play that game first. It's an easy platinum too.

This game is for people who wants to rack up their platinum case, and only that. RENT ONLY. The two reasons I bought this was because I want to be the first to plat some game (and I have with this) and I'm no longer subscribed to GameFly.

You haven't played a kart racing game before, you're a Sonic fan (like me, high five!) and you think this game is a great game to kick off your adventures?

Have you played Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing? I suggest you play that game first. It's an easy platinum too.

This game is for people who wants to rack up their platinum case, and only that. RENT ONLY. The two reasons I bought this was because I want to be the first to plat some game (and I have with this) and I'm no longer subscribed to GameFly.

Yes I have Sega All Star racing which is obviously vastly superior than Super Star Kartz. By Kartz games I meant the mass of them that are appearing like Madagascar Kartz and Ben 10 racing etc.. but yes I guess Sonic would be included in that genre but is waaaay better ;)

After playing Super Star Kartz this morning for a while with the trophies unlocking at regular intervals during play (I'm not even trying to get specific trophies yet) I'm not sure how much replay there will be if any once I platinum it. The 75 dream works icons might take a while to collect although I already have 10. Not bad though - I only paid £17 in UK from Amazon. So even if I sell it in a couple of weeks I'm sure I won't lose much. :applause:

Yes I have Sega All Star racing which is obviously vastly superior than Super Star Kartz. By Kartz games I meant the mass of them that are appearing like Madagascar Kartz and Ben 10 racing etc.. but yes I guess Sonic would be included in that genre but is waaaay better ;)

After playing Super Star Kartz this morning for a while with the trophies unlocking at regular intervals during play (I'm not even trying to get specific trophies yet) I'm not sure how much replay there will be if any once I platinum it. The 75 dream works icons might take a while to collect although I already have 10. Not bad though - I only paid £17 in UK from Amazon. So even if I sell it in a couple of weeks I'm sure I won't lose much. :applause:

I wouldn't put Ben 10 in the same category as Madagascar Kartz and Super Star Kartz in terms of quality but I still yet to play Ben 10 and I will in the future...

You'll get all those crests within 1-2 hours as long you come 1st in all championships in all class. Some crests are well hidden though, I applaud the developers for doing so. I liked that secret "secret" shortcut in NYC Zoo because I sent 20 minutes looking and it was so secret. =o

• 5 months later...

I can't really make up my mind about the game....

I've finished all the circuit trophies - really annoying during the 150cc races that no matter how well you race, the AI will always randomly speed past you, and if you're in 1st everyone behind you goes faster (I hate it when racing games do that). The weapons also are pretty damn useless, they hardly affect the AI, yet when you yourself gets hit, you're screwed over for ages. Lastly when the AI bash into you it slows you right down... but you can't do the same thing back :facepalm:

Everytime I find myself enjoying the game, one of the above points occurs that really frustrates me. I'll be moving onto the challenges then the time trials next....

• 5 years later...