Dragon's Dogma ~ Easy Gold, Discipline Points and Quick Leveling Guide

Easy and Quick Money (Good for Pre and Post game)

Patched with update 1.02. Don't update the game when asked to.

I take no credit whatsoever in the creation of the below strategies, but either way, praise be to Yevon for their discoveries.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0QpTz04Wpo]Dragon's Dogma ~ Easy & Quick Gold Exploit - YouTube[/ame]

Original Source: JP Wiki

Credit Source: Gamefaqs

Recommended Party: Self + 3 other "obese" pawns. The bigger, the better.

Recommended Augments on Self and all Pawns:

• Sausion (Enables you to negotiate higher prices for items you sell. Stackable)
  • Sinew (Increases the weight you can carry by 10 Kg)

Recommended Items in Inventory:

• Gold Idol / Gold Idol Forgery (Doesn't stack with Silver and Bronze Idols)

Game Settings:

Pause Menu --> Options --> Connectivity = Offline (This will help you avoid the annoying loading screen when resting at the inn).

Procedure:

• Go to Iola's House. She sells a few common items, nothing special to note, but she does sell one magic ingredient, carrot. Buy as many of them as you and your pawns can hold. People have suggested sending some to the Depository at the Inn; I couldn't be arsed with it.
  • Head back to the Inn, and rest for three straight days. It will only cost you Fifty pops a night. The Carrots will turn moldy and go up in value; the amount it will go up by will depend upon the Augments and Idols you have in your inventory.
  • Head back to Iola's, and sell everything. If she is not there, give her some time. You will know when she arrives when you hear "You look well, child." Selling everything should net you at least 200k. Rinse and Repeat.

Warning:

• Do not store anything over 999 items at the Inn. One extra, and it WILL DISAPPEAR.
  • Do not let your carrots rot.

----------------------------------------------X----------------------------------------------------

Edited by EEHHHHHH

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Infinite Discipline Points Exploit

Original Source: Gamefaqs

Recommended Party: Self + 3 Mages/Sorcerers

Recommended Item in Inventory: Wakestone (in case of a freak accident)

Procedure:

• Head to the Noble Quarter in post-game Gran Soren. You will be attacked by infinitely spawning Royal Guards. These guards have high physical defense, but low magical defense.
  • Climb the small wall in front of the Cathedral. You will be camping here until you are satisfied.
  • The guards will only attempt to hurt you. They will not fight your pawns, so let 'em loose.
  • Adjust your Secondary Pawns' levels so that you earn XP as close to 100 as possible. If you earn more than 100 XP, hire a higher leveled pawn instead. Likewise, if you earn 60 or so XP, hire a lower leveled pawn.
  • The reason you want to do this is because of the following formula (Source):
    • If you get 1000exp or more you get 7.5% DCP/JP
    • If you get less than 1000exp but the expe is still 100 or more you'll get 15% DCP/JP
    • If you get less than 100 you get 37.5% DCP/JP

You will earn approximately 15k Discipline Points per hour. This is great considering you don't have to do a thing. Well, you could change your vocation to a Sorcerer and pick on them from up above, but that is entirely optional.

Video walkthrough is posted below:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSSXw0P_fyc&hd=1]Dragon's Dogma ~ Automatic Discipline Points Exploit - YouTube[/ame]

Edited by EEHHHHHH

I was about to make a video on that quick leveling bit, only I used the 'pity' online kill. When you get that kill, it will always drop a full set of armor. Next time you defeat the Ur Dragon, wear it and it'll all become dragon forged. Sell it for 3 times the normal price! Won't work offline I heard, because it doesn't drop the full set (it does drop some items) and not everything will become dragon forged.

Didn't know you could use the Golden Idol as a way to increase your selling price though o.o

As a ranger, if you really want to quickly defeat it, buy a Makers Finger (300k each, 5.14 weight) from Fournival.

Didn't know you could use the Golden Idol as a way to increase your selling price though o.o

Gold Idol gives you discount at certain vendors. Only the Sausion augment has something to do with high selling prices.

About the leveling bit, which one are you talking about? It may be different than mine, and if it is so, we could possibly integrate your method as well.

Edited by EEHHHHHH

Well, it's the same method as described, using Pilgrims Charms when you're about to defeat the Ur-Dragon. (You can buy them from Madeleine, Fournival and many from the Black Cat.) When you defeat it online, there's a chance it will spawn with 0 health. All you need to do is to destroy the orbs. This will get you an easy and quick kill, the EXP, the trophy and 8 items + 20 wakestones. It will always drop the abyssal set. If you wear that the next time you get such an easy kill again, all of it will become dragon forged. Sell it for 3 times the normal price. You get a new set every time so you can keep doing this. However, when I actually went about to record all this, I couldn't get him to spawn with 0 health again, while I did make him spawn like that 4-5 times before. ugh!

I heard this happens that when someone kills it, it will spawn like this for everyone for 30 minutes.

You can ofcourse, do this offline, but I heard it'll only dragon forge 1 item and the Abyssal set won't drop as loot. (As described above.)

Three obese pawns? That's funny. That's also unlikely though. How are you supposed to find three fatties and what's the point of doing it other than that trophy for 10 million gold? I have a good amount of gold already. I bet they'll patch this. Does Capcom normally patch things like this?

Edited by UndergroundHipHopHead

How are you supposed to find three fatties and what's the point of doing it other than that trophy for 10 million gold? I have a good amount of gold already. I bet they'll patch this. Does Capcom normally patch things like this?

Plenty of people play the game for reasons besides the trophies. Just go ask the droves of Level 100+ in the game. Till date, I have earned almost 8M, but only have about 500k in possession. All the enhancing has made me completely broke. As a pro WKC player, I hate traveling around in unenhanced eqiuipments.

It's mostly an offline exploit, so even if it is patched, you can easily work yourself around the system. Also, there are PLENTY of fat pawns out there. If you and your pawn are of average weight, use the Secret of Metamorphosis to increase as much weight as possible.

Edited by EEHHHHHH

Yeah I'm over 100, though the ease in killing everything makes the game a bit boring. I like to finish gearing up my character before quitting. I've earned over 14mil gold just playing. And I just completed 2nd playthrough and haven't even done The Hero yet.

So this method would be more for completionists who want to enhance all their gear, purchase everything, etc. People who just want the trophies would well get the 10mil by the time they complete everything for Plat.

Same goes for me sunny, I only have 600k on me right now. Enhancing and buying the highest level equips is costly.

Why waste money on enhancing stuff when you just defeat the Ur Dragon and get everything enhanced for free..

It's not a 100% guarantee, is it? Besides, you have to have at least one star on your equipment to qualify for the upgrade, and the more stars you have, the better your chances for a Dragon Forge.

It's not a 100% guarantee, is it? Besides, you have to have at least one star on your equipment to qualify for the upgrade, and the more stars you have, the better your chances for a Dragon Forge.

No.. The 4 times I killed the Ur Dragon, all of my equipment that I had equipt, enhanced or not, became dragon forged.

Just read on the Wikia that the Last boss and the Online Ur Dragon have a 100% chance of dragon forging everything you have equipped. The offline Ur Dragon and wyrm/wyvern/drake have a small chance of dragon forging equipment. The % increases with a higher enhancement.

EDIT: http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Forged

Edited by Vuule

Oh, I haven't had a chance to really "confront" the online dragon. Whenever I go in, it has almost full HP, so I can't be arsed to fight it. But, yeah I totally forgot about it.

However, I don't think I can afford to just wait for my armors to be forged by the end-game Ur-Dragon. It would make me look like a total noob, at least until I take it down and have my equipment maxed. I always try to enhance armors and weapons whenever possible.

PS3 players are really speeding things up. The Dragon seems to die at the most inconvenient of times; when I am at work, at class or sleeping. I believe we are currently on Generation 55 Ur-Dragon, while the 360 folks only yesterday fell a Generation 26 Dragon.

I blame the Japanese :p

Yeah I'm over 100, though the ease in killing everything makes the game a bit boring. I like to finish gearing up my character before quitting. I've earned over 14mil gold just playing. And I just completed 2nd playthrough and haven't even done The Hero yet.

So this method would be more for completionists who want to enhance all their gear, purchase everything, etc. People who just want the trophies would well get the 10mil by the time they complete everything for Plat.

Same goes for me sunny, I only have 600k on me right now. Enhancing and buying the highest level equips is costly.

I totally agree. I don't think I'll need to boost for gold. I'm not going to change my pawn just for that and try and find two tall fat ones in the rift.

Speaking for those PS3 players. Yep... we own that Ur-Dragon. Been taking a break from the Ur-Dragon after getting it's weapons for each vocation. Fought it again now at 100+ and I can actually see it's health ticking down when I'm stabbin it. xD

high level Dire Gouge spam = dead Ur-Dragon parts. :p

Most 360 players are busy with Skyrim anyway I would think. JRPG fanbase has always been strong with nintendo and sony.

Edited by CogniVision

PS3 players are really speeding things up. The Dragon seems to die at the most inconvenient of times; when I am at work, at class or sleeping. I believe we are currently on Generation 55 Ur-Dragon, while the 360 folks only yesterday fell a Generation 26 Dragon.

Its really fast, 30Minutes Ago a Generation 60 UR Dragon without HP Crashed infront of me and died,

I was Like O___O xD