Rate the trophy difficulty.  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very easy
    • 10 - Very hard

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_gold_55.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 5.43

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Puzzler

This gets a two from me now that the hidden trophy was found. I played this game many times before it was re-released and knew exactly how to play and actually still remembered most scenes. I think the game would be harder to a new player but since you can save at any time it shouldn't be to difficult.

Edited by Dark_Adonis

I vote a 3. Getting used to executing the precise actions for Dirk can take some trial and error, but it's nothing that practice wont solve. Multiple playthroughs for each trophy can get a tad bit frustrating if you make mistakes but saving/reloading solves that issue more or less. Overall a very fun and nostalgic game. Absolutely beautiful animation! :)

Now they just need to release Space Ace on PSN... :whistle:

I voted 4. I would have rated it much higher if you couldn't save the game, but doing so pretty much eliminates most of the difficulty. Memorizing the commands for the No Move Guide trophies is just about the hardest thing to do, but again, being able to save at any rooms removes most of the difficulty.

Still a fun game though!

• 3 weeks later...

This gets a 3 from me. Most of the difficulty comes in knowledge of the buttons required in each room.

The fact that you can save after each room also makes this much easier to complete. If you couldn't do this it would easily be a 6 or 7.

Loved the game though. Can't believe I waited this long to play it!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The trophy descriptions actually sounded difficult to me. Beating this game with NO MISTAKES? Jebus.

However, the Save/Load function makes them all fairly easy. Load will allow you to restart at the beginning of the room with no penalty. The only room that may be a grind is final room - start to finish, it's about a minute and a half. Trust me, you'll be hitting MUTE after about 10 tries on this room.

Because trophies don't stack, you'll actually have to beat the game 5-6 times, but reloading a save in the final room can actually be used for 3-4 different trophies.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 6 months later...

How in the world this is averaging a 5 is beyond me. You don't have to memorize anything. You can save state before EVERY scene, pause during the scene, and just use a move guide.

I gave it a 2, based solely on the fact that this game is longer than Hannah Montana or Megamind (my only one ratings).

• 10 months later...

3/10. Like with so many other HD remakes released in PS store, the save feature really waters down the difficulty. And even without the save feature, all the trophies would be perfectly doable. You'd just have to spend a bit more time with the game to memorize absolutely every solution to every scene,which wouldn't have been a problem for me at all. This was my first time playing Dragon's Lair, and I gotta say it was a unique experience and I really enjoyed playing it. I wish there were more interactive movies like this in the PS store.

• 6 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 5 years later...

Wow a lot of 2s and 3s in here with a game that has permadeath and a score attack trophy? The way ratings went in the past decade or so were truly incredible.  I have just finished Dragon's Lair Trilogy and I thought this game would have similar trophies as that one, but it looks like this version is going to be a lot tougher.  I love it when folks say it is easy and not to worry when we all know deep down inside that it is all baloney. I would estimate this to be a 5-6/10.  Gotta play it to know it I guess...  Congratulations to those that were able to finish the game though. Well done! I sincerely mean that...

My Expectations:

Spoiler

tracey-morgan-no.gif

EDIT: Nope... nope... I am going to just consider this as a loss in terms of wasted PSN credits.  I do not know what got into me thinking this would be a breeze.  Funny that I just bought Space Ace a couple of days ago but that seems to be manageable with save scumming.  I will probably just go with that one and maybe even Dragon's Lair II... 

I hope the game will not lock us out with a 24-hour limit to download back-ups... or does this game even allow USB pen drives?

ANS: The game does have a download restriction but we are not actually going to utilise this, the Save Anywhere feature is actually a better tool for save-scumming.  As suspected backups via USB Pendrives are NOT permitted as with the other games released during this era.

Like what UndergroundHipHopHead had said, this game is not for most people.  So to anyone just wishing to experience this game and were put-off by the trophies, there is a Dragon's Lair Trilogy that collects all of Don Bluth's video games including Space Ace.  They are exactly the same game from the PS3 versions except for the trophies, they are what some folks would rate here as a 1. 2.. 3...

The PS3 versions are sold at £7.99 each whereas I got the PS4 Trilogy during a PSN Sale for the exactly same price - a 67% discount at the time. RRP is £15.99.

Versus Reality: 11.07.2022

Spoiler

Got Me Thinking Tracy Jordan GIF - Got Me Thinking Tracy Jordan 30Rock -  Discover & Share GIFs

So I ended up playing the game despite an earlier objection to it.  We can actually SPAM :dpad: until we hit the right choices when going for the NO MOVE GUIDE trophies on EASY but it seems this only works 50% of the time when playing it on HARD.... I thought it would be harder in this game since we do not have a text (collectible) walkthrough here like what GForce did on Dragon's Lair II.

It ended up pretty simple and with the multiple playthroughs done with both the PS3 version and the PS4 Trilogy, getting to memorise the moves ends up coming out naturally.  So all that bitching I did a while back was pretty much pointless and a waste of breath.

My Rating: 4/10 and I am sticking with my guns on this one.  The No Move Guide trophies were not that bad in the end, afterall with the multiple playthroughs that we have to go through we end up memorising the QTEs anyway.  The Save Anywhere feature and save-scumming prevents this game from being an 8 or 9 because it just makes it so easy to revert and reset when things mess up.

The game may take a bit of getting used to having its unique kind of QTEs, but once we get the rhythm there is nothing really too difficult.  As for the Score Attack - Lair King trophy, just make sure to get the max points on the 3/9 elevator scenes and the 3 snake in a room as discussed in detail HERE and we should be fine.

Edited by Naps
... ​ 🐔 c'est moi...