Rate the trophy difficulty.  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the trophy difficulty.

• 1 - Very easy.
    • 10 - Very hard.

http://www.playstationtrophies.org/images/news/diff_gold_25.png

Collected Trophy Difficulty Rating: 2.33

Voting Guidelines

1. Do not vote unless you have played the game.
  2. Do not vote until you have dedicated a substantial amount of time towards the game.
  3. Do not vote based solely on the descriptions from the trophy list.
  4. A time consuming game does not necessarily mean a difficult game so vote accordingly.
    Examples;
    • Warhawk is time consuming and difficult.
    • Resistance 2 is time consuming, but not difficult.

[*]Vote with honesty and integrity.

Edited by Puzzler

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 years later...
  • 3 years later...

The way the rating goes back in the day is kind of out of touch considering in 2022 we are in the EZPZ era which should take the 1/10 difficulty spot and 2/10 should be reserved for Visual Novels and Point-and-Click games. BUT NOT this game... I do not think it is right to even vote this as a 3/10. I know people are going to say that the voting is subjective, but this is comparable to Halle Berry wining the Best Actress award for Monster's Ball when all the acting done was getting smashed by the racist character of Billy Bob Thornton.

To those that just want to experience the Don Bluth Collection, get the Dragon's Lair Trilogy - it is cheaper, more value for money as you get three games for the price of one (based on the PS3 vs PS4 pricing) and the trophies are much simplier and easier... hassle free experience for exactly the same game.

My Expectations:

Spoiler

Have folks even forgotten about the 2 trophies that requires the MOVE GUIDE to be disabled... forget the 3 deaths limit because that can be easily reset by save-scumming... Disabling the MOVE GUIDE removes the :dpad: choices to appear on-screen, so we are basically GUESSING are asses off to finish a chapter or a level before we can save (no deaths) our progress. 

The only solution to really get this done is to MEMORISE the whole goddamn game. EVERY SINGLE ONE of the :dpad: choices and ⚔️ attack :cross: ... memorise them all or get nowhere.  Then there is the question of timing when to precisely hit those buttons.  This is NOT an EASY game as some would want to suggest.  Maybe a handful of Dragon's Lair veterans will find this game easy (or just say that it is, who are we to say otherwise) but for first timers this game can be very unforgiving and brutal.

Multiple reloadings just to get those two trophies should be put into consideration when voting for this game. Where is @TacoNinjawhen we need his honest inputs!

Versus Reality:

Spoiler

So I finally got through those two infamous NO MOVE GUIDE trophies and they did not seem to be so bad - that is if we know how to deal with them.  There will still be a bit of memorising in most parts but if we follow GForce's Move Guide walkthrough that is a big part of the official guide, things should be manageable.  Do not get fooled into thinking there will not be any more reloads because this will still happen a lot.  What may have probably changed from my first impression is the timing of the pressing of buttons.  We can actually SPAM :dpad: choices until we hit it right in NO MOVE GUIDE mode - not all but 95% of them can be spammed. There will be a few that will not even make a MOVE SOUND and some needs to be immediately pressed.  It is still going to be trial and error and we just need a bit of muscle memory - not really memorising those delinquent parts of the game. 

Probably the annoying part would be the mirrored scenes which are not fixed and somewhat unpredictable - swapping Left to Right and vice versa.  This can be very confusing once things get very hectic.  Also the way the collectibles work in Director's Cut vs Original can mess up the run.  With the Original the right buttons must be pressed again when the scene repeats itself after getting a collectible.

My rating: 4/10  I am not going to sugar coat this for new players especially those that have just gotten into Playstation Legacy games.  There will be a hundred deaths, retries and reloads if you do not know what to do... be prepared for that. I was about to give this a 5 but having found out that there are no restrictions when spamming buttons made me think otherwise.

Edited by Naps
... done and dusted... good riddance...