Purifying Items Help

I really want the ring that upgrades Sixfold Bolt to Ninefold Bolt. I believe such a ring can be obtained from a Bitterblack Gear Lv.1 or Lv.3. I have 20 Lv.1 and 1 Lv.3 pieces.

I understand that to get the ring you and your Pawn have to be one of the 'yellow' vocations (Strider/Ranger). I have the Godsbane.

My problem is I save before talking to Olra, purify the items, Godsbane myself and try again only to get the exact same items I did before, no Ninefold skill in sight.

Am I doing something wrong? I understood that the pieces were determined upon purification and could be 'reset' if you didn't get the piece you wanted. Is this not true? Do I need to farm more Gear and hope?

I don't really get how the purification system works, so can someone explain it like I am five years old?

I don't think they could be reset... Even after you reload from a previous save/checkpoint - you'll be getting the same thing... based on my experience. It kinda sucks that there is no way to chose which of the same BBI cursed item you would want cleansed. You will have to do them all at the same time and that can be costly in terms of RP. UNLESS there is a way to reset things that I don't know of... but this is how things went on my gameplay. I had to just grin and bear it.

So what I do is: REST (resting table) to make a checkpoint... cleanse ALL items and take note what they are. If I don't like any of them (or they are just doubles) I load the previous checkpoint to get my RP back... then sell them (sadly worth nothing) just to keep the queue clear for the newer ones to come. Rinse repeat every time you get a new BBI item.

Edited by Naps

• 1 month later...