Already started but...

I got Dragon's Dogma a while ago and never got around to finishing my first playthrough and then started a new one. But I got Dark Arisen a while ago free on PS+ and was wondering if I'd be better off just (once again) restarting the game on Dark Arisen, or getting all the trophies on here (I have about half the trophies).

Dark Arisen might be faster, albeit a little more difficult to play. Dark Arisen has more content, but it also corrects some of the issues people had with the original... like the utter lack of real fast travel. I think this one gives you the item for fast travel more easily.

I never really cared much for fast travel...I mean honestly. I was nearing the end of the game last character I made at I was only within 80 hours of gameplay, and I just ran the whole way.

I platinum'd the game on the original before Dark Arisen was released.. it takes multiple runs to platinum the game anyway.. It's really up to you.

I made a mistake, it seems. Didn't know Dark Arisen would load up my normal file and add the extra stuff. I thought you'd have to restart the game anew -.-...My bad...I started Dark Arisen and decided to try "loading" my save file and it worked. So all is well.